All teen and kid member reviews for Virals: Book 1

Teen, 15 years old Written bygilly_boy February 24, 2013

Dog and mystery lovers will adore this book.

It's hard to explain but I like this book, it's captivating. Plus a mix of dog so anyone that's a dog lover and into murder mystery will like this. In this book, it does a kinda dominance thing, if you look at animals in the wild the female is always in charge, and the kids actually display that instinct. Even though Tory is the youngest of the group, she's the one in charge; in one moment she really shows it, the others followed orders right away. As for the plot, it does go in pretty deep. If you have no idea what I'm talking about, read and find out.
Teen, 13 years old Written byFelicitous Freedom April 9, 2015

Great Book

I picked up this series after hearing about Kathy Reich's amazing work, but looking for something a little bit lighter than her adult novels. I came across this gem, and have simply fallen in love with the series. The book is centred around Tory Brennan, the great niece of Tempe Brennan, the protagonist of Kathy Reich's adult novels. Tory is a 14 year old girl, so as you can imagine, she uses language and actions appropriate for a person of her age. Which isn't anything bad. There isn't too much bad language, but I wouldn't pass it on to a 9 year old, say. The book itself (and the rest of the series) is lighter in tone than Kathy Reich's other work, but can be a little on the grim side at points. I really enjoyed this book, and would recommend it!