Kid reviews for War Horse

Moving story of a horse and boy has anti-war message.

Kid, 12 years old April 3, 2015

Amazing and Unforgettable

War horse is for anyone- not only horse lovers. It has both action and love.

Kid, 12 years old March 3, 2021

Absolutely gorgeous book, a whole lot better than the movie.

This book is absolutely incredible, do NOT listen to what the other reviews on here say. It's written by Michael Morpurgo, and follows a horse named Joey who is sent away to fight in World War I, written from Joey's point of view.
The book can be very sad, though, so be wary of that.
Overall, it's a gorgeous book, showing how horrible the First World War was, for both men and horses.

Kid, 11 years old August 11, 2016
Kid, 9 years old June 19, 2016

Really Good

It's has a bit to much shooting for younger kids[below 9-10] but has good anti war messages

Teen, 13 years old Written bysoflipia February 21, 2016

BORING

I think this boom is very boring and doesn't have much excitement or any suspense. Normally I love to read and love my English class, but we are reading this book in class and I absolutely dread even going to English or reading at home. I am NOT one of those kids who don't like to read. I love reading but this book is not good at all. It's not even a boring book I don't like or one of those books that isn't my genre type. I just absolutely hate this book. And I mean hate. Nobody in my school likes this book. Since it is narrated by a horse that makes the book so much worse. If you are thinking about reading this book DO NOT READ IT. When I am assigned homework to read from the book I absolutely dread the thought of it. On top of it we need to make annotations on certain categories. Even this is impossible because the book has no meaning, no well developed characters, no vividness, no action, no adventure, no interest, no specific setting of place, no helpful literary devices, no mystery, and no anything that people look for in books. I do hate this book and strongly devise that you don't waste your time reading it.
Kid, 11 years old January 8, 2015

Good book

This is a great book, its written from the perspective of the horse. It is a sad book and may be intense for younger children.

Teen, 13 years old Written byone direction fan September 30, 2013

war horse

i really like it and im sure anyone will enjoy it

Kid, 11 years old March 28, 2013

:-/

Although i loved the movie, the book was a really easy read, and was NOT INTERESTING! There were almost no details and the story was touching, but it just wasnt satisfying!
Teen, 13 years old Written byChristianHistoryFan June 28, 2012

Must-Read for tweens

Positive, unique book about a boy and his horse. Movie just as good.

Teen, 13 years old Written bykhatbarber March 24, 2012

Wonderful =D

i think that war horse is a great book, we studied it in English and went deeper into the meaning of the whole story..almost cried for some parts,great simple writing to..awesome!

Kid, 12 years old March 22, 2012

One of the best books i've ever read!

Great book. I recommend this book for people 9+.

Kid, 11 years old January 15, 2012

Amazing story of trust + loyalty + love :D

I love War Horse!!! Although some parts are sad, it still does have very happy parts!! It goes from Joey, the horse, in his point of view and how the author described the feelings of Joey makes you feel that you are there in that situation with the love or hatred he felt and how he felt when something happened. I love this book!! I would recommend it for ages 9+ because some of the parts may be upsetting for some younger kids ( I know because in some parts I almost was in hysterics!! :() But, I loved this book and I think you will too if you read it!! :D

Teen, 15 years old Written byGreenMaple January 2, 2012

A great story

This book was very done, though also very sad. War is full of loss, and this book gives a horse's unique perspective on it while telling a story of lasting loyalty.

Kid, 12 years old November 7, 2011

Great book, a little violent

It is such an amazing book and had me in tears half the time! The only thing that bothered me was how everyone kept dying!