Kid reviews for We Are the Ants

We Are the Ants Poster Image

No reviews yet.

Add your rating

I love this book!

This was an amazing and relatable book. It has some intense topics but good topics to understand. It is very inappropriate but also hilarious. definitely recommend giving this book a try!

really good read

a must read! more mature tweens would probably love this, i would have at that age. however it does contain some slightly mature content but nothing too much :))

ehhhh it's alright

From a writing standpoint this book has a lot of problems - it's supposed to be a teenage boy's journal and it sure as heck reads like one. The bullying feels unrealistic and a lot of the story seems so far-fetched. But the premise is pretty genius, and it's great that Henry just happens to be gay without it ever being an issue. What redeemed it for me in the end was the Andrew Smith/Grasshopper Jungle reference, of course.

Really Good

I think this book is really good

I loved it.

This story follows Henry Denton, an anxious teen who has the world on his shoulders, quite literally intact. At points the book can be depressing and make you question everything around you. But it's a must read. I really enjoyed how being gay was not an issue with him. And it wasn't treated as if gay was the only topic of the book. The book has a quite mature theme of aliens, and abuse, and suicide. But handles the topics in an age appropriate manner.

I loved this book

I first read this book when I was 11 and I may have been a little young, but it’s ok for a mature preteen. It’s an amazing story with a relatable and realistic protagonist and I just loved all the characters. It’s a really honest story that doesn’t feel like a book that’s condescending towards teenagers. It’s amazing and I loved it!

lmao

yo i straight up loved this book like it has very sarcastic humor which i love so like this book is def my favorite ever

10/10

This is actually one of my favorite books ever I love it so much, it is a bit mature so be prepared and is a bit depressing at times (weight of the world on your shoulders kind of thing) but all in all its a really amazing book. He writes teenagers very accurately with an angsty feel and lots of emotions.

Very relatable

I absolutely loved this book. It was so inspirational and heart filling. I love that there is more integration of the lgbtq+ community in medias such as books and movies. This is a great book if you are looking for a page turner and an emotional roller coaster.