Kid reviews for Weedflower

Weedflower Poster Image

Based on 1 review

Very boring

This book seems to be for a younger reading level, and I don't think people older than 10 should be reading it. The plot is slow and very anticlimactic. It's very hard to read if you were expecting a more fast paced and interesting novel.

Wonderful!

I read this while I was in 6th grade and it taught me things I thought I couldn't learn

GREAT HISTORICAL FICTON BOOK

This is a great historical fiction book! It was the first one I was really interested in! I read it in forth grade, so I'm sorry for any mistakes I make. There is a little violence, because it was in world war 2. I'm pretty sure there is a kiss between sumiko and frank, after he asks her if she has lipstick on, but I could be mixed up with another book. Again, violence, I'm pretty sure ppl chase frank into a barbed wire fence, but it doesn't really go into details.

Awesome!

Loved it! It had great historical fiction and helped me understand the life of a girl living in the internment camps. I thought it was great! I LOVE Cynthia Kadaohata's books!

Weedflower

Weedflower is a book about a Japanese-American girl named Sumiko who is sent to an internment camp with her family. Young girls will be able to relate to Sumiko very well, as she faces regular challenges. But it will also present many new, often controversial points of views. There is a lot of racism, sexism, stealing, politics and more in this story. However, it is a great point of view about Japanese-Americans during World War One, and I highly recommend it.

An amazing book (A little spoiler of the book)

It's a great book, with educational logic about the bombing of pearl habor. Otherwise this book has little romance, funny book and is a very entertaining book. I recommend this to all book readers/lovers. Some people think that it doesn't have romance, but think about Frank's and Sumiko's relationship, i confind that their relationship is romantic, but it shows it by small actions, like when Frank keeps glancing at her, and especially when Sumiko brings her cousin to meet Frank's broher. Joseph agreed and said "You're right. She is very pretty"..I think it was what the dialouge said.

Nice historical read!

Perfect for ages 10+!

I am 14, and I have read this book for my english assignment, the book I had to choose had to have issues of discrimination. Which is why I have chosen this book. It is educational because it puts us in the character' shoes, we get to know how it feels to be discriminated, to know that how it feels when a country you were born in hates you, to get to know how it feels to live in such harsh conditions.In other words we receive a history lesson and an english lesson from this book, but the book is very entertaining and emotional. I would recommend this book to anyone!!

Great Book

Good historical fiction book. I really enjoyed it. This book talks about the internment camps for Japanese. A good book to read.