Kid reviews for Whirligig

Whirligig Poster Image

Whirligig

I am 15 years old and i had to read it for school and i really liked it there is a part about suicide so if you have a hard time i would recommend not reading it but other than that its a good book.

Thought Provoking Book

I , personally, thought that this book was very good. Although the way the chapters are put together is a bit confusing I thought that it is was a good idea. I think that there are some really good messages in the ending of the book. I think that this book has a slow start but I really got into it by the end and only read it in one day. There is some drinking in the beginning along with some uncomfortable situations but I think anyone for 12 and up it is completely appropriate. One of the other reviews says that the way Brent feels is unrealistic but if someone is drunk and depressed it definitely is VERY realistic. Overall this book was enjoyable.

Whirligig

This book was great! I really enjoyed it and it was very interesting to read. It probably isn't suitable for ages 9 and under, and depending on the kid, 10 years old is fine. It was very good and I would recommend it!

Whirligig. (:

Hi, i'm 15 going into freshman year in abut two weeks and all the freshmans had to read this book over the summer so i started right away just to get it over with, it was going fine at first then I got really confused because I thought the book was going to be about brent and the two girls in chapter two then chapter four came and isn't wasn't about the girls and I got so confused. so I guess i'm just saying that you really have to pay attention and follow along and if your reading it for school like I had to I would take notes about the setting, characters, problem/conflict and how it was solved, and the theme/ message of each chapter so you won't get as confused as I did. Overall it is a good book, just hard to understand in some parts. I would not have even thought about reading it if it wasn't for class but anyone who is looking for a book with a strong message it is the perfect book. goodluck. (:

better for older kids. Stronger themes may not be appropriate for younger children

Whirligig is a beautiful story of redemption. A boy searching for himself and forgiveness travels across the country to build whirligigs for a young woman he accidentally killed. We see the affects the whirligigs have on him, but also the affect it has on four the lives of others in the four states.

not interesting

There no interesting plot line. my English class was force to read it, and no one liked it. it was too boring. dont waste your time looking for the book.

I wonder....

My classroom plan's on reading this book but am hearing some bad things and some good things about it am going to come back and see if this is a good book.
During his journey Brent learns and begins to build an entire new life. Although this book is not very exciting, it's great for readers who like slow and thoughtful stories :)

ehh.....

Ok this book is ok we read it in class and it was boring everyone fell asleep, except in like the third chapter when these two teenage girls are talking and the one is trying to encourge the other by telling her her future in which she has a fulller figure and find a man who is sick from hypothermia (sorry if thats spelled wrong) and to save him she presses her body to his....that was an akward moment in my class funny since my teaacher said "there not doing anything....yet" lol :) I'd say teaches kids not to drink or you may kill somone and have to travel the counrty buliding things.

i had to read this book for honors english and i couldn't put the book down. i would not let my little sister read it, good book for older kids.