Kid reviews for Wires and Nerve: The Lunar Chronicles Series, Vol. 1

Tough female droid fuels fun Lunar Chronicles graphic novel.

Based on 1 review

Teen, 13 years old Written bySALLY JO October 21, 2017

A GRAPHIC NOVEL!

Yes, that's right. Our very own Iko has her own story to tell after the revolution (see Cinder, Scarlet, Cress, Winter). The whole idea of it us just amazing, and it's so lovely to see our favorite characters drawn and published in that way! For families- the word "hell" is used only a couple times, and there's some minor kissing. This novel does exhibit some violence (i.e. blood, mostly). I love it! Although the characters are re-introduced and the background is explained, I HIGHLY RECOMMEND reading the whole series first.
Teen, 14 years old Written byCatherineRoche August 18, 2018

Content Details and My Thoughts

(Commensense covered the content well. Hell was used twice and there were three kisses between three different couples. Also talk of "romantic tension.") I'm not usually in to graphic novels, but this one interested me because I love the Lunar Chronicles. I got the ebook version from my library, which is great because you can go through each panel individually. The plot, world, and characters were great, as always, and while I still prefer the detail and showing of a novel, I enjoyed it.