Kid reviews for Words on Fire

Words on Fire Poster Image

No reviews yet.

Add your rating

The only thing wrong with the book is that you can't put it down.

Everything was wonderful. The twists, the turns, the wonderful plot, the educational side. LOVE IT!

One of the Best Reads EVER

This was a very interesting and exciting read, I have read many books in my life, but known have ever been quite like this. When reading the synopsis I was intrigued, so I started reading. The more I read the more I wanted to read. I could barley put this book down to do homework. Jennifer Nielsen did a great job at telling the story of Audra. The end left me so surprised and wanting another book like this. I think that kids under 10 years old may not get the whole concept of the book just because the maturity of it all, but overall this was such a great book.

Loved it!

This book was soooo good. I love how well the author draws the scenes and the characters are so relatable and I love the story. The book has a very educational plot (in a good way!) I learned a ton about the Russian occupation of Lithuania. I wish there were more like it!

A Satisfying Read

The book, while not outstanding, can shed light on some lesser known history. I won't spoil the ending but you connect dots between Lukas, the Russian officer, and Ben, Audra.

SUCH A GOOD BOOK!!

I think that it is the type of book you sit up in bed till you finish the book! ITS GREAT LET YOUR KIDS READ IT!!

Good read, slightly boring

I think this book was okay. It had a good plot and the writing (as always) was exceptional, it was just a little slow. I felt like some of the action scenes needed a little more description, really make you feel what the character was going through. But other than that I liked it and felt like it was a great historical fiction piece. My favorite part in the book was the epilogue. It was a sweet memorial one. (For fans of Words on Fire try Blood on the River by Elisa Carbone)

Must read.

This is the one of the best books. My sister came home with the book, I read it, and I loved it. It's not true but its's teaches kids about the russian federation. Great book, I recommend it for 4th graders+.

BEST BOOK EVER!!!!

I loved this book so much! It is amazing! I think everyone should read it (even adults!). I would say 11 and up because some people die and there is a lot of fighting so it can be scary. But I loved this book a lot and hope it one of your faves to!!

Very interesting and factual

I would recommend this book to anyone who wants to know about the Lithuanians. it does get a little frighting at times, but is a good jump scare.

Loved it

I loved this book because it taught me new history I didn't know , as well as the fact that it it wonderfully written and is a great page turner. I was assigned to read this book for school and It was certainly eye opening and worth getting!