All parent member reviews for A Boy and His Blob

Parent of a 4 and 6 year old Written bydskane December 25, 2009

Boy falls dead when touched and cut scene creatures are scary

I enjoyed this game but I would strongly caution against it for young children. Within 2 minutes of playing the game myself an evil blob touched the boy (the character you play) and he falls to the ground dead. Although he's instantly resurrected for another round of the game, I found this image to be visibly jarring and was glad that I did not give my young children the game as I had originally planned. I have found that some ratings on games for this site (which I really like) have a grey area where a parent may be swayed a little older or younger on the age recommendations, but I would not on this one and may even bump it a year to age 9. In the opening cut scene we also see the evil creatures which resemble black ghosts with ghoulish faces chasing the boy. This image may illicit some scary thoughts and bad dreams, so steer clear of this game for young children or kids that have challenges with fearful dreams. I believe that Boy and is Blob is also way too scary for young players. The game itself is very enjoyable, but again only for 9 and up, in my opinion.
Parent of a 4, 8, and 10 year old Written byA responsible adult October 22, 2009

My review has a title

The boy clearly exploits his blob without any concerns for it's safety. Along with feeding it a constant supply of jelly beans, instead of more health conscious foods, the blob gets eaten, jumped on, shoved in a backpack, carelessly thrown at enemies and spikes and abused. While the boy may hug the blob it could never make up for the pain the blob must feel on the inside.