Kid reviews for Age of Empires III

New World RTS battles sport gorgeous visuals.

Teen, 14 years old Written byOIues May 20, 2011

Perfect

A great game filled with some good ol'history.

Kid, 12 years old April 30, 2011

Insanely Good Strategy Game for any Mature Child

This is an excellent game for any mature kid who is interested in strategy or warfare. I have had the privilege of playing this game and was extremely impressed by the level of brain power you have the potential to use. You can make virtually any strategy you want and make it into a winning strategy. I may have many highlights about this game, but I also have countless concerns. One of my concerns is that the messages are not positive. It teaches that going in and eradicating Native Americans and other colonists for land is something to be desired and performed. Another concern is that the role models are not the best. The last of my concerns is that some parents might consider this game to be a tad bit violent. In battle sequences you may hear people scream as they are shot our impaled. However, I believe that in spite of the other concerns, this game may be played by mature ten year old's and any age group above that.

Kid, 12 years old January 10, 2010
I'm a big fan of the Age of Empires titles. At first, when I just had AOE II, I was reluctant to buy AOE III because I wasn't as into the colonial ages and stuff. But I had a sudden craving for a game with muskets so I got AOE III and loved it. I installed it on my vista laptop (AOE II wouldn't go on my vista, but maybe it will now with the compatability update) and at first the game lagged like crazy. At first the framerate was just really slow, and even in the main screen the people walking around were slow. All you have to do is turn down all the graphics options, and even though when you're turning off things that seem like they make up the game's whole graphic awesomeness, you can barely tell the difference. The battles are epic, I say the game is appropriate for everyone, but maybe too complex for certain kids under 10, I dunno. But the bottom line is, it rocks, it's still like AOE II but with muskets and some new features, and my parents who go completely by CSM didn't hesitate to let me get it.

Teen, 15 years old Written byFoodforthought September 26, 2010

for ages twelve and up

I have been playing this game for a number of years, since about the age of 12. in inclusion to being a good game, I'm embarrassed to say that the use of some cheat codes taught me how to type more quickly and fluently. this game teaches kids how to stratagize and plan ahead. you could probably learn how to play this game well inside 5 minutes, so ease of game play is not an issue. all in all, its an amazing game appropriate for anyone 12 or up

Its ok

The game is birds eye view and you can only command not attck
Teen, 17 years old Written byhere'saclown August 6, 2017

Teen, 14 years old Written bySamtheweasel April 8, 2016

Fun and not to bloody

People die but you are looking at the battlefield from meters in the air.

Ease of Play
Teen, 16 years old Written byArchanos April 23, 2011

ok for tweens, and teens possibly even for under 10

It's fine so far as violence goes. Nothing remotely graphic is shown apart from characters falling down shouting "Aaaarrggghhh". If you have a mature child of any age, this should be no problem. The game play is nice and moderately smooth. I have no major problems with it. However, I wish the campaign wasn't so easy and that you will spend some of the time a bit bored.
Kid, 12 years old January 4, 2011

An Excellent Game

AoE 3 is my favorite RTS that I have had the honor of playing. I spend a great majority of my free time playing intense strategy games. I would give this 9+ but the multiplayer has unmoderated text chat.

Privacy & Safety
Teen, 13 years old Written byJust A Teenager March 18, 2010

An Excellent Game

First off, let's make this clear. The game casts you as KING OF AN EMPIRE, where your goal is to WIN A WAR. That means that there will be lots of bloodshed, so just take note of that if you have problems with violent games. You yourself do not participate in the combat: instead, you give troops "commands", who will then fight the enemy for you. The game has stunning graphics, great gameplay, and in short is the peak of the Age of Empires series. Anybody familiar with RTS games should play it. The messages of the game are good in my opinion: the characters in the "campaign" (storyline) are fighting against tyrants-in-the-making.

Kid, 11 years old August 23, 2009

Teen, 13 years old Written bymelted831 August 19, 2009

fun for all teens

This game is fun it has great battles and some fun action going on. This game also teaches you about different civilazations, battles and trade. The games message is not the best since it is to destroy the other civilazations with cannons and armies.

Teen, 15 years old Written bysiry August 6, 2009

on for tweens

it's a fun game teaches about some war

Educational Value

great game but overkill graphics

a warning to rts fans: this game runs slow even on an XP PC but otherwise it is great
Teen, 14 years old Written byJohan April 9, 2008

Awesome New RTS Game with great graphics!

Parents, this is a wonderful game for teens, or anybody above in the double digits and even below that. It's educational, it's not a shoot-em-up, it doesn't have too much violence, etc. etc. I really enjoy this game. Another great thing about it is that you can always keep playing. There's no stopping you. The violence is pretty minimal but also very realistic. Cannons boom and send men flying into the air like rag dolls. Sometimes they may land in the ocean or fall off a cliff. There is a tiny bit of blood that is hard to notice. There are guns, but you don't use them, your troops do. Tis game might give kids ideas about conquering places. You do build your own civilization. If you want to put your kid in god's viewpoint, it's Ok. The realistic effects and beautiful graphics make this need for your video game shelf. As for language, I think there's just one small word. Kids might not like the aspect of seeing people getting killed all around where they look (the killed people include women, priests, and animals)and pieces of buildings flying into the ocean. During the battles, it's chaos, but most kids love that. It's great to be the boss sometimes that way. You get to tell everyone what to do. But it's a great game. No real violence. There is destruction and conquering. But it 's also eductaional. It tells your kid all about the new world and how it was around that time period. Know your kid. Its excellentm but do a bit of research before you buy it.
Teen, 15 years old Written by21655 April 9, 2008

Pure genius.

I have played AOE2 before and I have to say, AOE3 is really an improvement. The only reviews here are PAUSE and ON, and the graphics are amazing. Rule of thumb: Make sure your computer is a moderately fast one before playing. And if your graphics card isn't up to snuff (64MB or more), you, my friend, are totally outta luck.
Teen, 15 years old Written byski123 April 9, 2008

Great game! Need a good computer!

Wonderful game but you need a good computer if you want to play it without lag or choppiness. I recommend a graphics card with at least 128MB and process speed of 300MHz. Also at least 512MB RAM for your computer is needed for smooth gameplay. If your computer is up to the challenge than you should play this game. Regular offline mode will get boring after a while so be sure to have DSL or some high speed internet for online play. Online play is really the highlight of this game.
Teen, 14 years old Written byBobb April 9, 2008

Great Game

Great game, loses appeal after campaign is over.
Teen, 13 years old Written byNamthealmighty April 9, 2008

For those of you who don't know if your computer can handle it...

This game is great but it isn't as fun without a fast computer. Luckily i have one. For those of you who say that an xp computer is the fastest and it lags even on an xp, let me tell you something. Having an Xp computer doesn't mean your computer is fast. An xp is just an operating system. You need good hardware like at least a 128mb video card but I recommend at least 256mb. A geforce 6600 series should run the game fine. But if you want the max graphics, get a geforce 7 series or higher. Also, have at least 512mb of ram in your system.
Teen, 13 years old Written byVisruth Kandali February 27, 2018
Great interactive game with interesting campaign and great gameplay

Ease of Play