Kid reviews for Age of Empires III

Age of Empires III Poster Image

I don't get why other people keep the restriction so high, the game is literally 2d like 20 years ago

The game is a stradegy based game, when your child knows how to turn the mouse, he is able to play this game, it doesn't contain any nudity, bad themes, drinking, or literally any bad habits, apart from destroying your enemy's home base Just don't go online, you can't trust strangers

Great interactive game with interesting campaign and great gameplay

Fun and not to bloody

People die but you are looking at the battlefield from meters in the air.

Perfect

A great game filled with some good ol'history.

Insanely Good Strategy Game for any Mature Child

This is an excellent game for any mature kid who is interested in strategy or warfare. I have had the privilege of playing this game and was extremely impressed by the level of brain power you have the potential to use. You can make virtually any strategy you want and make it into a winning strategy. I may have many highlights about this game, but I also have countless concerns. One of my concerns is that the messages are not positive. It teaches that going in and eradicating Native Americans and other colonists for land is something to be desired and performed. Another concern is that the role models are not the best. The last of my concerns is that some parents might consider this game to be a tad bit violent. In battle sequences you may hear people scream as they are shot our impaled. However, I believe that in spite of the other concerns, this game may be played by mature ten year old's and any age group above that.

ok for tweens, and teens possibly even for under 10

It's fine so far as violence goes. Nothing remotely graphic is shown apart from characters falling down shouting "Aaaarrggghhh". If you have a mature child of any age, this should be no problem. The game play is nice and moderately smooth. I have no major problems with it. However, I wish the campaign wasn't so easy and that you will spend some of the time a bit bored.

An Excellent Game

AoE 3 is my favorite RTS that I have had the honor of playing. I spend a great majority of my free time playing intense strategy games. I would give this 9+ but the multiplayer has unmoderated text chat.

for ages twelve and up

I have been playing this game for a number of years, since about the age of 12. in inclusion to being a good game, I'm embarrassed to say that the use of some cheat codes taught me how to type more quickly and fluently. this game teaches kids how to stratagize and plan ahead. you could probably learn how to play this game well inside 5 minutes, so ease of game play is not an issue. all in all, its an amazing game appropriate for anyone 12 or up

An Excellent Game

First off, let's make this clear. The game casts you as KING OF AN EMPIRE, where your goal is to WIN A WAR. That means that there will be lots of bloodshed, so just take note of that if you have problems with violent games. You yourself do not participate in the combat: instead, you give troops "commands", who will then fight the enemy for you. The game has stunning graphics, great gameplay, and in short is the peak of the Age of Empires series. Anybody familiar with RTS games should play it. The messages of the game are good in my opinion: the characters in the "campaign" (storyline) are fighting against tyrants-in-the-making.