Parent reviews for Amnesia: Collection

Disturbing, mature collection of psychological fears.

Based on 1 review

Adult Written byHank F. October 7, 2017

A horror masterpiece.

I’ll get to the mature content after I point out a few key things, first off, I was extremely skeptical when my son asked to get this game, he said “Dad it’s free on my PlayStation!” I decided to play it before him and wow, this game is very fun. It is a puzzle, scare filled adventure. Let’s start with the violence. Violence is extremely scarce in this game. When you are hit by one of the monsters a bloody scratch will occur on your screen and the borders of your screen will go red. The only gore present is in the environment, the castle is littered with arms hanging by a chain, or torsos in an Iron Maiden. These body parts can be fed to an invisible water creature, but the creature eating it is not shown. There is only one scene of direct violence and it is when your character Daniel, drills a man’s chest. This happens a distance away, and no animation, all you see is a spurt of blood in the distance. Sexuality is the only other major factor. The corpses in the castle are naked at times, mainly only buttocks’ are present, but I saw slight frontal male nudity at one point. This game is ok, for a 12 year old but I’d say wait until they’re 13. The heavy themes of what horrible things have happened are only seen by the corpses. I hope this helped parents.

Ease of Play