Parent reviews for Among Us

Among Us poster image

Has problems

The game itself is great, but the people on there are horrible. We don't play on quickchat because you cant say anything, so we do free chat, where people are dating or swearing on servers. If your kids play this, you will be hearing the words "sus" and "sussybaka a lot.

2 people found this helpful.

Just became irrelevant...

I made a video talking about Among us Inedible death. What I mean by this is Swearing, NSFW crap, broken servers, and sexual content which is 100% the player base. Overall There are no hackers, (mostly) No actual physical sexual content, (only names and text)

2 people found this helpful.

Good for 12+ aged kids

It’s good but it has in app purchases, blood and you can speak to strangers.

Parents should learn too! https://bit.rancah.com/6Yh9x4AU

It is a big violent but it can be a great game to pass time if you aren’t too squeamish. Here is a tutorial for you parents. https://bit.rancah.com/6Yh9x4AU

1 person found this helpful.

105 minute ban after joining the wrong game.

So my son wanted to join his friends online in amongst us he joined the wrong game (full of strangers) and left he knows there’s a 5 minute ban for this but he got an 105 minute ban for an 11 year old trying to play with his friends. And internet safety not playing with strangers shame on inner sloth, annoyed I paid for this game, they won’t get my money again.
1 person found this helpful.

Teach you lying and bullying

The best player is that that could lying better to others, there is no sense of loyalty and easy be in contact with unknowns adults.

Amongchat bad review

This app is supposed to be for children but I monitored my child and many “children “ and I mean many by a lchildren on the app have the most vulgar language and attitudes I have ever witnessed. If they are the future of the free world, we are in very deep trouble. Bullying like you’ve never heard. I spoke up about the language and started receiving threats immediately. Racism is rampant among the so called children. The parents of these kids are apparently absent or just don’t care. Regardless of what group my child tried to talk to there was someone on it being extremely rude and vulgar. Some very young and some people on the app are not children but young adults having absolutely no place or reason to be on it. There are quite a bit of good kids on there but it takes a lot of searching to find a group who are polite and actually act like children should. I’ve heard it several times and am on the edge of removing it and blocking it from my grandson’s phone. He’s quite intelligent so I’m sure he would find another way to get into as most children would.

1 person found this helpful.

Not good for the current audience of ten and up

I am a school counselor and I am concerned about the open unmonitored chat on this game. I am hoping the developers will have a sense of responsibility and monitor it or increase the age limit I have suggested to over 18. I am very concerned about the impact it could have on young kids. It is promoting bullying and worse situations.
1 person found this helpful.

Its a good game- But has a lot of things your child should NOT be seeing.

Ok if your scrolling down and seeing other ratings about which age you should be to play, You might see a few saying 7+13+ 15+ 17+ but this is the official answer. This game Among Us, has a LOT I mean a LOT of profanity. But there is also a censor chat option in the settings but that will just censor swearing. There are insults as “Go kill yourself” “go burn and rot in hell” etc. This game also includes Knives, murder, and guns. I recommend 18+ or older. This game is also very addictive your child MIGHT start acting up or their grades will drop. If your child is mature you can let him play it but make sure the censor chat is always on. It might look like a innocent cartoon looking game but in the inside of the game, (this game is online) Peoples ages are over 15 sometimes even in the 20’s in this game. Rarely young kids, Sometimes peoples username can be offensive such as “Your mom” Even sometimes their own Phone number in their names! The players in this game share their instagram usernames etc. Sometimes predators. Well if you finished reading this I hope this helps you decide if your child is able to play this game or not.

BETTER CHAT FILTER OUT, ALL OTHER REVIEWS TALKING ABOUT CHAT IRRELEVANT

It is a great game, ever since the chat got more strict, no swearing/online dating happens it overall lives up to the hype