Parent and Kid Reviews on

Among Us poster image
Our Review

Based on 103 parent reviews

Sort by:

Not good for the current audience of ten and up

I am a school counselor and I am concerned about the open unmonitored chat on this game. I am hoping the developers will have a sense of responsibility and monitor it or increase the age limit I have suggested to over 18. I am very concerned about the impact it could have on young kids. It is promoting bullying and worse situations.
7 people found this helpful.

Good for 12+ aged kids

It’s good but it has in app purchases, blood and you can speak to strangers.

4 people found this helpful.

Amongchat bad review

This app is supposed to be for children but I monitored my child and many “children “ and I mean many by a lchildren on the app have the most vulgar language and attitudes I have ever witnessed. If they are the future of the free world, we are in very deep trouble. Bullying like you’ve never heard. I spoke up about the language and started receiving threats immediately. Racism is rampant among the so called children. The parents of these kids are apparently absent or just don’t care. Regardless of what group my child tried to talk to there was someone on it being extremely rude and vulgar. Some very young and some people on the app are not children but young adults having absolutely no place or reason to be on it. There are quite a bit of good kids on there but it takes a lot of searching to find a group who are polite and actually act like children should. I’ve heard it several times and am on the edge of removing it and blocking it from my grandson’s phone. He’s quite intelligent so I’m sure he would find another way to get into as most children would.

3 people found this helpful.

The update is really bad kind of.

Quickchat is trash, you can’t type freely in the chat, that means you can’t really defend yourself if you’re the imposter and when I/people join the server I usually say “hi guys” or something like that. Sure, open chat causes cussing and sex talk but it just doesn’t affect me that much. And I know a lot about internet safety, so I don’t answer info giving questions and ignore other people’s problems. I just accept that there are stupid people in the world that don’t want to follow the rules. I also have an alternate solution: If someone tries to send a chat with cussing it could just say: “Unable to Send Message due to error” I think Among Us is an amazing game it’s just that parents need to teach their kids at least some safety tips.

Things you need you should know about Among Us

Among us is a teamwork and strategy game. Among us is also based on decison making, where you have to decide who gets voted of to win. It's an easy game to play and learn. Among us allows you to play with your friends. Even if you are no where near them. I think among us is a great game and anyone can play it. Among us should also not be played by anyone under the age of 6. But that is just my personal opinion.
3 people found this helpful.

Its a good game- But has a lot of things your child should NOT be seeing.

Ok if your scrolling down and seeing other ratings about which age you should be to play, You might see a few saying 7+13+ 15+ 17+ but this is the official answer. This game Among Us, has a LOT I mean a LOT of profanity. But there is also a censor chat option in the settings but that will just censor swearing. There are insults as “Go kill yourself” “go burn and rot in hell” etc. This game also includes Knives, murder, and guns. I recommend 18+ or older. This game is also very addictive your child MIGHT start acting up or their grades will drop. If your child is mature you can let him play it but make sure the censor chat is always on. It might look like a innocent cartoon looking game but in the inside of the game, (this game is online) Peoples ages are over 15 sometimes even in the 20’s in this game. Rarely young kids, Sometimes peoples username can be offensive such as “Your mom” Even sometimes their own Phone number in their names! The players in this game share their instagram usernames etc. Sometimes predators. Well if you finished reading this I hope this helps you decide if your child is able to play this game or not.

BETTER CHAT FILTER OUT, ALL OTHER REVIEWS TALKING ABOUT CHAT IRRELEVANT

It is a great game, ever since the chat got more strict, no swearing/online dating happens it overall lives up to the hype

2 people found this helpful.

It has some disappointing parts like the imposter but my kids enjoy it and it is a puzzle, mystery, and it is a great family game and it kinda teaches my family and kids life skills

2 people found this helpful.

this game is pretty good

About month a ago, my son asked to download among us, i asked him what it is, and he said it's a new game everyone was playing.. i decided let him to play and he told me what happend, he said the users "Orange", and "Cyan" were bullying him, i asked him if he can take the bullying, and if not that he shouldn't play anymore, he said it dosen't bother him, as long as he finds a better lobby.... i think this game is great as long as the child you have playing it is able to handle people being harsh.

2 people found this helpful.

Nice, but... beware of the chat!

Simple and nice game, the mechanics are easy to follow and it can be fun, but the chat is unavoidable for a full game experience. There's curse words and dirty talk, and also feels like a dating site. There's predators too, and is not a safe environment for kids who don't know how to deal with strangers.