Parent reviews for Arms

Cartoonish fighter is more Smash Bros. than Mortal Kombat.

Adult Written byOddball20 January 13, 2020

I like this game

This is a very fun game. I currently have 35+ hrs on it. It is one of the must have Nintendo Switch games. Basically you have to fight opponents with long expandable arms. Every time you punch, you’re arms expand to reach the opponent. It is a game/arm workout which is a greats mix. I recommend to people that liked games like Super Smash Bros...

Retails at $59.99

What’s in the game?

Cartoon Violence - Characters punch each other with long, extending arms. Some arms fire weapons, such as bursts of energy, spinning blades. Characters don't bleed, suffer grievous injury, die, but can be knocked out.

Parent Written byHeather K. February 16, 2018

It's not deep, but a heckuva lot of fun and some upper body work.

Arms was actually recommended to us by a wellness counselor to help my 10 year old develop more upper body (while using hand weights). It's like Mario Kart in that it's cartoony violence, no real great social messages but not really any negative ones either--it's just action. And it's fun action with a lot of inventive options.

Ease of Play
Parent of a 4, 6, and 8-year-old Written byWayne W. January 12, 2018

ARMS , style, flash, color ...but not enough substance...

As with most Nintendo console games that aren't the core zelda/Mario types. There is usually alot to be desired when it comes to any sort of depth beyond the presentation. While being quite vibrant with a catchy theme song ( enough to keep 4,6,8 yo with the typical low attention span playing for a prolonged period of time ) as a parent you quickly realize there isn't much to it beyond punching each other. However, is that bad? Because what's really important is them having a good time and that for certain is occurring and perhaps is the hidden genius to games like arms.

Ease of Play