Kid reviews for Arms

Cartoonish fighter is more Smash Bros. than Mortal Kombat.

Teen, 15 years old Written byChristian Sasser January 29, 2018

A fantastic, challenging game that's perfect for parties

This game is about characters who box each other across arenas with springy, extandable arms. Called ARMS.

Players can unlock new fists, also called ARMS to swap out for their fighters. Including the 5 free DLC characters, there are 15 fighters to pick from. The roster is quite diverse.

The game's controls are easy to learn yet difficult to master.

There is a sharp learning curve in higher difficulties, making it hard for younger players.

There is no sexual content, however, one character called Twintelle (who has stretchy, extendable hair instead of extendable arms) places her hands on her rear and sways her hips when she walks.

The game is perfect for playing with other people, and is the most fun when playing with four people. When playing with four people, ARMS is 50% game, 50% friendly, light-hearted trash talk. The phrase "Oohhh!!!" will be exclaimed quite frequently as players make comeback victories.

When playing 1-on-1 matches, strategy and depth is clear and present, and fights become choreographed dances of dodging, punching, grabbing, and blocking. However, when 3 or 4 players are present, the depth is lessened, but the fun remains ever present.

To sum everything up, ARMS is a behind the back fighter where characters with speings for arms fight across arenas. The multiplayer modes are where ARMS shines the most, but single player is also present and a ton of fun. There is no strong language pr sexual content. It's good, clean fun, and in my humble opinion, one of the best games on the Nintendo Switch, and one of the best games in 2017 period.
Kid, 8 years old May 7, 2020
Teen, 15 years old Written byNiklassen September 10, 2019

How are people so stupid?

Game raters like PEGI rate this game 12+, this is just pathetic. I expected to see 4+ as common sense here, but I was disappointed. This game is just a super cute happy go lucky boxing game, the violence factor is basically non-existent. This is of course very violent if you define violence as slap stick punches and getting knocked to the ground and bouncing happily up again. Characters can only faint, quietly falling to the ground. Ben 10 is a freaking snuff film compared to this, and that has a lower rating. I played this game with lots of very young children ranging from 4-9, we all had a blast! The game is by logic a pretty clear E for everyone.

Teen, 13 years old Written byzevion August 25, 2019

Great gameplay, but story is seriously underplayed

Don't get me wrong,the gameplay is great.
There are many different modes, the Grand Prix is handled very well, and I can play with friends without using Nintendo Switch Online.
Buuuuuuuuuut, as the critical person that I am , I expect my games to have good gameplay and a decent story, and Arms just doesn't do the job.
Maybe I'm just expecting too much from my stretchy arm game, and the game is still fine.
Obviously, there's combat and some of the female characters move in provocative ways, such as Mechanica or Twintelle, but otherwise, it's a fun game you can play with your friends.

Teen, 16 years old Written byheartgold August 21, 2019

Great new Nintendo IP!

This is an amazing game, and it is not that violent. The fighting consists of extendable arms and there is no blood or gore. The most that happens is a fighter falling over and getting up later.

Kid, 12 years old July 4, 2019

its OK

it isnt that good
Teen, 14 years old Written byOlder brother o... March 13, 2019

Good game for excercise, but too violent for those under teenage

I think that although this game is good excercise it should not be played by children under 13, because this a boxing game and frankly for those of a young age I think it promotes violence and creates a bad environment for the child if not mature enough. I had this same experience with my nine year old brother.

Teen, 13 years old Written bysmeisner2431 July 14, 2018

Great multiplayer, but a bit lacking elsewhere

ARMS is very fun, and I played a ton of it just fighting friends and family and having a blast (not to mention getting a serious workout!) The game itself is very well done and not really overly violent - the characters are just K.O.ed when they lose. But once you play a while, and you get to a point where nobody else wants to play, ARMS sort of dies. There is little to no singleplayer content, just more fights against AI opponents, and the fights become extremely repetetive. You'll probably stop wanting to play after a while like I did.

Teen, 16 years old Written byhjh4897 June 22, 2018

My favorite game!

This game is awesome. The graphical style is so cartoony and colorful that it should be appropriate for little kids, I would think. The actual gameplay isn't hard! I personally enjoy playing with motion controls. It's quite a workout! Also, Arms is a fantastic game to play with family and friends. Don't go into this game expecting a story or an end goal of any kind. It revolves simply around combat; you can play locally vs friends or family, vs COMs, or vs other people online. You can learn more about the characters and about the lore of the game through ways such as by playing Grand Prix mode. I think that any kid would enjoy this game. I know I would've loved it if I had gotten to play it when I was a little kid.

Teen, 15 years old Written bypeachylink March 31, 2018

If you're old enough to control it I think you're old enough to play it

This is a fun game, but I myself found it a little difficult to catch on to. It's a good game for pretty much all ages though. Can be a great thing to play with friends and is actually a great workout.
Teen, 14 years old Written bySpitfire Blaziken March 7, 2018

A knockout success

It seems a little silly at first, and the controls are sometimes hard to remember, but once you play a few times you start to really appreciate it. The characters are diverse and have a lot of personality.