Parent reviews for Assassin's Creed: Valhalla

Viking epic is the best entry in Assassin's Creed series.

Wondering if Assassin's Creed: Valhalla is OK for your kids?

Adult Written byMarineCat636 November 19, 2020

Fantastic open world adventure has violence, sex, and language

Parents need to know that this game is great, but only for adults and mature teens. Players will fight soldiers, carry out assassinations, and raid towns. Durring combat, every hit sprays blood on the environment. Also, there are special moves that you can do which are slightly more dramatic. They often have you chopping heads off, axes in heads, dismembering limbs, and more. Parents should note that you can turn off blood and gore in the settings menu. There is also a cutscene showing female breasts and occasional mild sexual content is spread through the story, but this can also be skipped by turning mature content off in the settings. And finally, there is some cursing throughout the game. The cursing includes F--k, S--t, and B-tch, but like the rest of the mature content in this game, this can be turned off. This game is fantastic. The graphics are great, the story is great, combat is smooth, and the game is just all around a blast to play. I reccomend this game to adults and mature teens if you turn off the mature content. Thanks for reading and I hope this helped.

Adult Written byFatalCulture November 15, 2020

I love this game

I love this game more than Odyssey, the story is deeper with more purpose and there is more to the game as well. It’s an adventure of honour, loyalty and starting new. You upgrade your village, help your friends and make alliance's with other viking groups and you go on raids and take down a network of bad guys.

I think this game is suitable for 14+ but if they’re too immature for the sensitive topics then absolutely turn the censors on.

There is a lot of violence, obviously. But I found that I didn’t notice the gore, you’re too busy running away to notice the blood or a too-small flying head.

Sexy Stuff - there is a cut scene in a brothel but there is only one topless women, she is the heavier chested women but nothing over average. You can also see sex sort of camera and in the background, but it isn’t graphic at all. You also see men in their undies. It’s not heavily sexualised and very toned down, which I appreciate.
You can also romance characters but you don’t see anything.

Drugs, there is drug use, sometimes accidental but it isn’t glorifying or anything.

There is swearing but not too much.

Adult Written byJacks1234 November 15, 2020

Amazing Game, Great Messages

This game has many great messages such as the only honorable way to die is in battle, so if you didn’t die in battle your a coward.

Adult Written byCoolguy_fuk_u November 15, 2020

Great game

Cool game, but violent. If you can handle a little bit of blood, then its for you. For mature 8-9 year olds. 7 if they are REALLY mature. Best in the assassins creed series, though.

Adult Written bylisnajohnson November 15, 2020

Some tweens/younger teens can handle

My 12 year old asked recently for this game. I wasn’t so comfier blue with an ‘M’ game at first because the hasn’t played very much violent games, but I thought he was mature enough, so I got it for him. Then, my 10 year old asked to play this. I said when I watch him play this for a few weeks. Then, I realized it’s an amazing game! If your kid has played Overwatch, they are definitely ready for this!

Adult Written byetnxr November 11, 2020
Adult Written byRobRick November 10, 2020

The Best game for teens and pre-teens!!

This game may seem not to appropriate on the outside but when you dive into the game it is a jewel that I think all kids should learn about because Vikings are part of the world's ancient culture. There is some blood but if your kids watch Avengers then there is no problem. I think this is a great game and is appropriate for most Teens and pre-teens!!

Adult Written byTyson Baker November 9, 2020

Great game!

Really good! A little bit of blood but nothing too serious. Fine if you are 12 or a mature 11 year old.

Adult Written byTypicalgamer324 July 16, 2020

Assassin's Creed Valhalla

Assassin's Creed Valhalla is separate in the Assasin's Creed world. It is the first title in a new series. This particular game has a fair amount of blood but that can be turned off in settings. As far as scariness it is about a medium on a scale.
It has great music and is very realistic to what Vikings did back in the old days. There is singing, fighting to protect your territory from other Viking clans, and most importantly great scenery. Graphics are absolutely amazing and you completely control everything in the game. It's like a choose your own adventure book but in the Viking age. If you or your child has watched things like Avengers: Endgame or any of the Avengers movies Assassin's Creed: Valhalla will be OK. The only big thing is the scariness and that's pretty much it. I hope this will help you!