Parent reviews for Battlefield 1

Battlefield 1 Poster Image

Experience the reality of war and often overlooked acts of bravery and sacrifice.

Singleplayer gives the reality of the Great War and shines a light on those who go above and beyond the expected to save and protect those close to them. It puts you in the shoes of a hero or a redeemed criminal using their skills to save their countrymen. Multiplayer goes about it more of the general way. You're a cog in the machine and are expected to pull your weight to secure your country's victory over the enemy. Violence, obviously, is present, I'd say at a (6.5/10). Sex/Nudity is non-existent, at a (0/10). It makes you aware of the horrors of war and why we should avoid it, positive messages at a (8/10). It gives you heroes of war and self-sacrificing saviors' stories, giving good role models at a (10/10). Good for a kid who can understand the implications of war. Age rating varies by maturity level, but I'd say it's good for ages 10+.

1 person found this helpful.

Beautiful game's violence is overstated but language is understated.

I am a professional PEGI reviewer. This game is beautiful and I truly loved the experience at the beginning and even after the updates. The game can be quite violent but commonsense has overstated the violence significantly. There is no gore in combat throughout the game. Blood is briefly shown and is very obscure when shown. The violence in my opinion is 7.5/10. Language harsher than commonsense media states but isn't too harsh. F-bombs are quite rare but sh*t and many mild obscenities are said often throughout gameplay and the campaign. The Language, in my opinion, is a 6/10 and by commonsense media's standards a 4/5. This game is the game is much more suitable for 11 year olds than the next game in the series and definetly more suitable than hardline.

1 person found this helpful.

Nice!

jeez common sense... this is absolutley not 18 and up.Now this is the most innapropriate battlefield game in my opinion, (even though its ww1) but it is not 18. there is some language when you get SHOT AT, but guess what? thats war! and theres also a lot of bloody violence. And guess what? thats war too! so calm the heck down! Your welcome! :)

YEAHHHHH BOIIIIIIIIIII

This game is the best Battlefield EA ever made

This game is amazing and well made! War stories are so much fun and has a lot of action and like how it gives you options for stealth for stealth gamers like me. Online is a bit boring at times but still fun to play. Graphics are amazing! Better than GTA 5 in my opinion. It is not a bad game like Battlefield 5 and there is barely things that cost money. There is lots of voilence and unlike Hitman 2, it wont let you knock out enemy but only kill which is reasonable considering this is World war one. There are bad words but only said every 20 mins which is great for teens and pre-teens and there is no mention of Sex. it ca n be difficult to learn the controls but easy after you mastered it.

My ten year old son plays this and it’s not as bad as you think.First I wasn’t sure, until I watched it and there wasn’t anything wrong.It’s sutible for age 10 and up.

Excellent game

While I am reviewing as an adult, I was around 15 when I first got the game. Obviously, being a first-person shooter, this game does include a fair bit of violence (It has an M rating, after all), but it's significantly less gore than what is shown in movies with an R rating. The worst of it is in the melee kills with blunt weapons, but they still don't have much blood. There is no dismemberment. There's a little bit of swearing in the campaign and soldiers' passive voice lines, but aside from the instances in cutscenes, it's not really noticeable unless you're listening for it. Multiplayer chat is probably worse, but the chat window can be toggled on and off in the settings.

One of my favorites!

BF1 is awesome and in my opinion it captures WW1 in a way that can be entertaining and historical for the player. The graphics are phenomenal and attention to detail is good to. Lots of parents say it’s extremely violent, but 18+ is definitely overkill. The war stories even taught me a thing or two and I consider myself a history buff! Many of the war stories show different sides of the war which is good since there is no ‘bad’ guy. I would wait until middle school for this one, but one of the best!

An amazing WW1 shooter, but definitely not appropriate for all ages.

Battlefield 1 has a very fun multiplayer and a very interesting and unique single player campaign, however it features brutal violence and lots of blood (although there’s not much gore shown). The actual violence itself is probably suitable for a 12 year old, but what makes this game more mature is the fact that it's based on real life events that real soldiers would of had to experience. This gives the game a more dark and depressing tone. The actual violence itself is still quite bad with many people getting shot, stabbed or on sometimes rare occasions, lit on fire. All the violence is very brutal and is accompanied with lots of blood, but there is not much gore. The most violent scenes are in the prologue, where it shows the true horrors of war, there a people shown crying on the battlefield with bloody injuries, people getting bayoneted and people fighting in brutal hand to hand combat (its worth mentioning that some of the more extreme violence shown in the game are quite brief, however it’ still very violent). There is also some strong language, for example the f-word, but they don't say it that often. With all that in mind, its worth mentioning that Battlefield 1 is a great game, with an emotional single player story and an intense, action packed multiplayer.

Another great game Commonsense stupidly calls 18+

The game takes some maturity to play but give me a break! First of all, I played M+ games at 4 YEARS OLD. Now thats a big young obviously but, 8 or 9 is a perfectly fine age to play a game like this. and fully understand but, this game is great for this new generation as the First World War cannot be told anymore by someone who had a first hand experience as a soldier. Great game and good for teenagers (and possibly younger depending on maturity)