Parent reviews for Battlefield 1

Epic violent shooter packs huge emotional punch of warfare.

Adult Written byRonny J. October 24, 2016

Teens can handle it

Let's face it. As many parents may think that teens are still young and try to keep them away from language, they definitely know some if not a lot of language. I have always been a fan of first person shooters, and my kid just turned 13 last month. I know he's been looking at this game for a long long time so I finally decided to get it for him (after sitting down and talking to him). The campaign starts out with a fair bit of swearing with some throughout the rest of the campaign (at least the missions he's already completed). But like I already said, all of the language is stuff he already knows. The game has lots of huge explosions and bloody graphics for close range attacks (especially when using a bayonet to stab somebody). I think overall it's a game that is for mature teens and young teens can handle it. My son loves it and doesn't talk about it all day after he plays it, so I think he has handled it well. I love the WWI feel and My son has actually learned a bit from this game.

Parent of a 12-year-old Written byScott B. November 6, 2016

Battlefield 1, Parental Review.

Hello families of young gamers,
Battlefield 1 is an immersive, realistic, chaotic and amazing game. Yes it is a MA15 but that is utter rubbish, here's why. There is blood yes but you can barley see it and you can turn it off completely, or change the colour to like white or black so it blends in with the environment you are playing in. There are a variety of meld weapons that emit a miniscule squirt of blood. That does not stay on screen or stain the ground. Enemies go a deep "umph" when stabbed then they fall to the ground. The course language is minimal and only in the mission "The Runner" Captain drops a F bomb whilst storming the beaches of gallopoli which is understandable due to the chaos of the landing, but there are so many distractions and explosions that you almost can't here him. That's all the bad stuff in this game my 12 year old boy loves it. He showed me this games release trailer and I new I would get it for him... you can play as lawerence of Arabia the Red Baron and more. The graphics are stunning and the gameplay is beautiful. Please let your kids have this one, there is so much to learn from this game and it is so beautiful, when you return home after the war and you mother comes out and hugges you. It made me cry.

Adult Written byPm V. November 26, 2016

Common Sense overrated the age for this AMAZING title!!!

The overrated this yet again! The multiplayer has no cussing and the campaign only has little. This is a fine game for children 11 and up because of what you learn in the game. My child has learned lots of things. The violence isn't that bad other than some parts in the campaign. The blood is also not bad. You can also turn that off! This is my review for Battlefield 1!

Parent of a 10, 13, and 14-year-old Written byCorrine W. November 8, 2016
I'm going to start off by saying that I'm a very protective parent. My kids don't have any social media, aren't off all the time with mates and I make sure they do well in school, but Battlefield 1 is a great game that is fun for my son (who was 14 in May 2016) and it has taught him a whole load of history. There is obviously violence with it being a WW1 game but there is no real gore and blood can be turned off or changed colours. I'm definitely going to say that younger than 14 is too young just because they might not mature enough yet. In campaign mode there are a few swear words but very minimal, (words like crap) and just the one "f" word. I'm very guilty for it myself but we as parents and as mothers' we need to realise that playing these games doesn't make our children murderous and if they hear a swear word over the game chat when online or in campaign then they're not going to be a sweating lunatic. It's not about our kids not being mature enough, it's about we parents being able to let go of children's leash just a little and taking their not the little things they used to be and that they're nearly adults. ( Just saying, you can play as Lawrence of Arabia which is very cool!). I also just want to point out that in terms of swearing, school is much worse than any game or movie they'll ever watch. You're teenager is most likely a good kid and although it is obviously a parents decision, it wont hurt you if they have it. As someone once said, "the tighter you hold the lead, the harder it'll snap when they break free. Thank you for your time, have a nice rest of 2016!
Adult Written byEthan P. October 30, 2016

Amazing

I think this is good game to teach your kid history of wars and gives it a good realistic idea of it.

Adult Written byRobert W. October 28, 2016

Not as bad as you would expect

The worst part about this game is the fact that you can stab people with shovels. While I understand that the developers should have added this as WWI was a gruesome war. The blood is minimal and only visible at a close range. The violence is what you would expect from a M game.
Adult Written bycooperf December 16, 2017
I think this game is really good and my son is only 10 years old and I watched him play it he can handle it really well.

Adult Written byJeremy C. November 9, 2016

Everything families of kids 11+

This game amazing, I usually don't like first person shooters and my son got me to play it but I didn't really enjoy it at first so I asked my son if he could do something about the blood because I'm not at all a fan of it. He said ok and turned the blood off after that I really enjoyed it, the game is awesome without the blood.The swearing is very very minimal and over the gun shots, you can't hear most of them. In my
opinion, this game is suitable for kids 11+

Adult Written byDan S. November 8, 2016

Totally shouldn't be rated M, at the most T.

This game is incredible and it should defiantly not be rated M for Mature. It should defiantly be rated T for teen. My son is 10 and he plays it. It teaches the history of WW1 with depth into the personal stories of what happened. The game should defiantly be played by everyone. Another extremely exaggerated review by common sense media. 18+, more like 9+!

Adult Written byChad Orgman October 28, 2016

Another exaggerated review from Common Sense

Battlefield 1 is a first person shooter set during World War I. The only major objectionable content in this game is the violence. When an enemy is killed, they occasionally will emit a small splash of burst before falling to the ground. However, due to the general chaos of the game, it is barely noticed. You can also stab and bludgeon enemies with knives and other melee weapon's. A small amount of blood is emitted or a small amount of blood will hit the screen. The most graphic part of these kills are the sound effects. The violence is still realistic without having masses of blood.
The swearing in the game in minimal and at one point in the campaign, a man is told not to swear.
Overall, this game has a fair amount of violence which is not over the top. It has much less than other popular first person shooter's. It does deal with themes such as death and war, but being a game set in WWI, this is to be expected. The general objectionable content is low and the game should be appropriate for teen's over the age of 13.

Adult Written byCorky_dorky December 17, 2020

YEAHHHHH BOIIIIIIIIIII

Adult Written byJackcharles123 October 29, 2020
My ten year old son plays this and it’s not as bad as you think.First I wasn’t sure, until I watched it and there wasn’t anything wrong.It’s sutible for age 10 and up.

Adult Written byMarinTheGuy November 11, 2020

This game is the best Battlefield EA ever made

This game is amazing and well made! War stories are so much fun and has a lot of action and like how it gives you options for stealth for stealth gamers like me. Online is a bit boring at times but still fun to play. Graphics are amazing! Better than GTA 5 in my opinion. It is not a bad game like Battlefield 5 and there is barely things that cost money. There is lots of voilence and unlike Hitman 2, it wont let you knock out enemy but only kill which is reasonable considering this is World war one. There are bad words but only said every 20 mins which is great for teens and pre-teens and there is no mention of Sex. it ca n be difficult to learn the controls but easy after you mastered it.

Adult Written byRobert J. August 27, 2020

Beautiful game's violence is overstated but language is understated.

I am a professional PEGI reviewer. This game is beautiful and I truly loved the experience at the beginning and even after the updates. The game can be quite violent but commonsense has overstated the violence significantly. There is no gore in combat throughout the game. Blood is briefly shown and is very obscure when shown. The violence in my opinion is 7.5/10. Language harsher than commonsense media states but isn't too harsh. F-bombs are quite rare but sh*t and many mild obscenities are said often throughout gameplay and the campaign. The Language, in my opinion, is a 6/10 and by commonsense media's standards a 4/5. This game is the game is much more suitable for 11 year olds than the next game in the series and definetly more suitable than hardline.

Adult Written byJakeTaylor2309 January 29, 2019

Another great game Commonsense stupidly calls 18+

The game takes some maturity to play but give me a break! First of all, I played M+ games at 4 YEARS OLD. Now thats a big young obviously but, 8 or 9 is a perfectly fine age to play a game like this. and fully understand but, this game is great for this new generation as the First World War cannot be told anymore by someone who had a first hand experience as a soldier. Great game and good for teenagers (and possibly younger depending on maturity)

Parent of a 16-year-old Written byHarold B. November 12, 2017

Not What it seems

I used to believe Common Sense Media and not let my son play these games. Then for his 12th birthday I built a computer with him. It was a great experience and I recommend everyone to try and do the same. When he wanted to play this game I thought no but CSM says its bad right. Well these baboons have no idea what they are talking about. The swearing although present can be handled by any properly disciplined teen. The violence is clearly fake and exaggerated. There is NO CONSUMERISM IT IS NOT THERE. There is no reason why a 12 year-old couldn't enjoy this title and I urge other parents to stop using CSM because if you do research they are usually very wrong. They lack the brain cells to properly assess games. The blood is barely visible as well.
Adult Written byNathan T October 20, 2020

Excellent game

While I am reviewing as an adult, I was around 15 when I first got the game.

Obviously, being a first-person shooter, this game does include a fair bit of violence (It has an M rating, after all), but it's significantly less gore than what is shown in movies with an R rating. The worst of it is in the melee kills with blunt weapons, but they still don't have much blood. There is no dismemberment.

There's a little bit of swearing in the campaign and soldiers' passive voice lines, but aside from the instances in cutscenes, it's not really noticeable unless you're listening for it. Multiplayer chat is probably worse, but the chat window can be toggled on and off in the settings.

Adult Written bySamLucas March 8, 2020

One of my favorites!

BF1 is awesome and in my opinion it captures WW1 in a way that can be entertaining and historical for the player. The graphics are phenomenal and attention to detail is good to. Lots of parents say it’s extremely violent, but 18+ is definitely overkill. The war stories even taught me a thing or two and I consider myself a history buff! Many of the war stories show different sides of the war which is good since there is no ‘bad’ guy. I would wait until middle school for this one, but one of the best!

Parent of a 14-year-old Written byBanla November 30, 2019

An amazing WW1 shooter, but definitely not appropriate for all ages.

Battlefield 1 has a very fun multiplayer and a very interesting and unique single player campaign, however it features brutal violence and lots of blood (although there’s not much gore shown). The actual violence itself is probably suitable for a 12 year old, but what makes this game more mature is the fact that it's based on real life events that real soldiers would of had to experience. This gives the game a more dark and depressing tone. The actual violence itself is still quite bad with many people getting shot, stabbed or on sometimes rare occasions, lit on fire. All the violence is very brutal and is accompanied with lots of blood, but there is not much gore. The most violent scenes are in the prologue, where it shows the true horrors of war, there a people shown crying on the battlefield with bloody injuries, people getting bayoneted and people fighting in brutal hand to hand combat (its worth mentioning that some of the more extreme violence shown in the game are quite brief, however it’ still very violent). There is also some strong language, for example the f-word, but they don't say it that often. With all that in mind, its worth mentioning that Battlefield 1 is a great game, with an emotional single player story and an intense, action packed multiplayer.

Adult Written byyay4e522 August 20, 2019

okay for 10 and up

This game is for 10 and up i did reshearch not on common sense media and foud it is actually not that bad csm have such little brain cell.