Kid reviews for Battlefield 1

Battlefield 1 Poster Image

IT IS AMAZING BUY IT

love it

1 person found this helpful.

its not as mature as you would think

as a wwi shooter it does its job quite nicely, however your character will swear every now and again which may not be favorable to some parents. i will say unless you have no problem with swearing for the love of god turn off gamechat in settings unless you want your child to learn new slurs against minority groups other than that the games solid and war stories is a teaching moment of the horrors of war and buying stuff yea there is a lot of things little timmy can spend your paycheck on so if your child likes stealing your credit card than i would stray away from this or mostly any electronic arts games. violence is something to slightly worry about in war stories cause there's alot of not exactly gruesome but tragic deaths but blood can be turned off in settings im pretty sure. there is no sex unless your scared of the word girls it should't be a problem. our good friend al cohol is not featured in the game except like 1 mention. thanks for reading my ted talk

World War Battlefield At Its Absolute Finest!

Battlefield 1 is one of the few military shooters that cover the events of World War 1, and it does it fairly well. With an intriguing take on a well-written single player campaign and some explosive multiplayer action, Battlefield 1 is up there as one of the best in the series. Violence is frequent and intense. The multiplayer and some single player levels place you in the middle of a large scale battle. Endless shootouts, occasional melee attacks, vehicular combat and chaotic situations. During the single player campaign, there are some stealth segments where players can use sneak attacks with multiple melee weapons, such as an axe, dagger, knife, a spiky baton and spade. Resulting in some bloody takedowns and brutal moments. Language is mainly heard during the campaign. Occasional use of "f#!k", "$h!t" and "p!$$". Consumerism is quite emphasized on in this game. Multiple reward packs and cosmetic items, as well as virtual currency that can be bought with real money. While it's definitely possible to play without purchasing anything, there's a lot of optional content that can only be purchased via these virtual currencies that require real life payments.

A bit violent but nothing special, even a bit… Inspiring? I don’t know if that’s the right word

So I don’t know how to start this review. If you think it’s not to far fetched to let your kid play Call of Duty, because it’s kind of cartoony with fictional scenarios in multiplayer and goofy skins for the characters. Than I assure you this game is fine. The prologue is an absolute masterpiece. This is where the great messages part comes in and educational value. It talks about the horrible life on the frontlines if WWI and that in war, you’re not expected to survive. Your put in the shoes of a member of the Harlem Hellfighters, and once you die fighting off the German attack, it says a name and then how long they lived. It talks about how they expected war to be an adventure, but it really isn’t, and it’s terrible to be in. And it obviously has SOME educational value being a historical game. As for the role model part, the Gallipoli and Italy missions really stand out to me. In the Italian mission, you have to risk your life, fighting off aircraft and Austrian infantry to find your comrade, just to find him injured and to soon die. In Gallipoli, you play as a experienced Australian soldier, who risks his life to make sure that the new recruit makes it back to Australia alive, going so far as to fight off hundreds of Ottomans and storming a fort by yourself to ensure he makes it back, and sure enough, he does. This game is absolutely incredible.

It has little blood when you shoot someone, however there are occasional splatters of it (violence: 6.5/10). Cussing is rare, and words such as h*** and ba***** appear the most (language: 5/10). It has 0 sex and teaches one about WWI and war in general. It should be fine for 10-11 year olds depending on maturity.

Phenomenal Game

If I'm going to be honest, as a game, its phenomenal and I highly recommend it. There are a few things I would watch out for there though. The game is relatively violent , you shoot people with guns, blow things up, theres flamethrowers, planes tanks, etc. Theres also blood and gore, which is especially noticeable in the campaign, but it can be turned off I'm pretty sure. I think the campaign is what can be most intense at times, (especially the prologue) Swearing is also a bit of a problem. Character will often swear when shot at and more intense words like sh*** and f*** are used in the campaign. There also might be toxicity and swearing in online chat, but that can just be disabled. I feel that the game had a bit too much consumerism as well, tons of DLCS and expansion packs. But at the same theres a lot of educational value with the game too. The campaign teaches you a lot, and when you're in the preview for multiplayer, theres often a educational voiceover. The campaign also has a lot of great messages and role models, as you play as heroes of WW1. The game is relatively easy to play/use if your kid has played an fps game before, although I will say the game isn't very easy when it comes to "getting good" especially with things like multiplayer. All aside, this game was phenomenal and I highly recommend it. If your kid can handle violence, and knows whats right from wrong, they should be fine.

ITS AWESOME

ITS GREAT YOU NEED TO BUY IT NOW!!!

Battlefield 1, in my opinion, best game of the franchise!

Battlefield 1 is a FPS game set in ww1. I give this a 15+ because of a few things. With the violence (the worst part of the game), it’s bloody and slightly gory but no dismemberment. If your not too far away from your enemy, Headshots will reward large sprays of blood and medium blood spray is shown if you kill an enemy with a stealth kill with a melee weapon. You shoot down enemy infantry and vehicles in planes, no blood shown, and in tanks you can flatten people in you vehicle, again no blood. When on horse back, you can trample enemies and use your sword and Calvary rifle to kill enemies too. The profanity is moderate. Swearing can be heard from characters in most war stories when under pressure. SPOILER ALERT, for example, Fredrick Bishop in The Runner says the f word quite a lot but usually something intense or stressful was going on around him. Same with Through Mud And Blood. Edwards says the sh word and the f word when he can’t get the tank started and the Germans were closing in. In the online multiplayer, players can also type profanity into the game chat and swear through mic. The last reason is the frightening messages and themes. This game has very dark themes which are portrayed very graphically. Some players might find some cutscenes stressful as there is graphic content throughout. The most graphic thing in the entire game is definitely the starting mission. The environment is destroyed and on fire, and soldiers are shown dead on the battlefield. Some people also might find the game intense as planes soar through the skies, raining hell on infantry, tanks crush through cottages, and airships plumet into the ground. One very good thing about this game is the destruction. Anything man made you see is destroyable. I remember how I planted a mine on a brick wall and there was an enemy on the other side. The charge went off, and killed the enemy player! Like I said earlier, tanks can destroy housing and bridges with deadly artillery. There are plenty of weapons ranging from snipers to shotguns and over 35 maps. That does include dlc though. The maps vary from lush rainforests to giant cathedrals. It’s a very good game just buy it already!

Perfectly fine game for +12

I got Battlefield 1 in 2020 (when I was 15), however I had played it since all the way back in 2016 when I was 11-12. The game itself is perfectly fine for those who are 12 or older in my opinion. The violence is generally limited with the only exceptions being the melee takedowns. The campaign has beautiful and touching visuals paired with wonderful stories that teach younger audiences the impact of war as well as giving them insight on the soldiers who taught over 100 years ago. As for the multiplayer the interaction with strangers in incredibly limited and can be entirely turned off by the use of muting yourself as well as other players. Overall 9/10 game for kids 12 and up

Just like any other war game

Battlefield 1 is one of my favorite war games of all time, and I think that it doesn't get treated fairly when it comes to it's violence. Violence 6/10: lots of non-graphic violence. You will see some small blood sprays but it's just like any other war game. Language 4/10: Frequent use of H and D word. Some worse words.