All teen and kid member reviews for Battlefield 3

Kid, 12 years old December 12, 2011

Multyplayer only.

This has more f--k then my dad says in the army. Just in the first cut-seen there is an f--k and s--t. You can get this for kids just turn off the voices and subtitles. And all the other reviews that i saw on this, i was very disappointed. I mean really they didn't even say theres a f--k in every single sentence.
Teen, 15 years old Written bytheaveragegamer November 9, 2011

a game and nothing else

it is obvious that any game with a mic is a danger zone for personal conversations. i also know that according to any parent you ask the internet consists of your child and a couple million pedophiles and murderers. i am an online gamer and can confirm that i have never yet met someone who has even asked for my personal information. the truth is that the internet consists of your child and a couple million other kids who think that everyone else is out to get them as well. what makes you think the same thing is less likely to happen on facebook. or in real life? this is a game which i personally think could really give a mature teenager some perspective into the lives of thousands of men protecting our country and others. this is definitely suitable for ages 12 and up. if they are mature and mentally sound that is. if you have aproblem with language there is a mute option. the singleplayer campaign is not very good and is not worth playing considering the thriving online community. nobody plays it unless they are bored.
Kid, 11 years old October 26, 2011

Realistic and violent shooter is good, but might be too much.

I have not played much of this game, but I have knowledge that unlike call of duty, it is very gritty and realistic and depicts very real violence. The soldiers sometimes curse. The only educational value for your child is that your child will be informed on how horrible war is. If you want to keep your child's mind pure, I would say to not let them play it until they are 13. (please don't take me as an example i.e. oh, he's 11 so i can play it!) Thanks, your favorite zombie killer
Teen, 14 years old Written bybradend13 June 6, 2013

Amazing game, but language and some violence depending on how you play.

As a 14 year old that plays this game often, I would have to say that this is a game where you need to pause and know your child if he/ she is 13 or under. It does, in fact, have quite a bit of language, and almost constantly says F, S, both B's, and a few D's, but the in-game language can be muted or turned to French or other various languages. I, myself, do not play the single player, because it IS a bit past the violence meter for me, but the multiplayer, if you turn off the in-game speech, is more of a T-rated game. The violence is nothing worse than Uncharted, another T-rated game, or the Batman: Arkham games. When you shoot at someone, if you manage to hit, it is very quick and has no blood, unless they are lying down or against a wall, in which a small puddle can be seen. You can use a mic, but it is optional (I would recommend it, seeing as most of the other people who play it use little to no language). If the case happens where there is someone using foul language, you can easily mute the TV, because the objective information is displayed easily and obviously on the screen. Overall, it's a great game, and I would recommend it for ages 14+.
Teen, 13 years old Written byultimategamereview March 15, 2013

Battlefield 3 content advisory

I am 13 years old and I think that Battlefield 3 is not for children. I f you are going to let your child play this make sure they are mature enough and accept it is only a game. I am now going to talk about some of the main problems with the game: VIOLENCE: 7/10 although it's not as bad as the Call Of Duty series it is still very graphic, when you shoot someone a mist of blood seems to engulf the character and puddles/splats are left on the floor and walls. The violence consists of armed combat: pistols, shotguns, rifles and blades. It also has interactive in-game cut scenes involving beating the enemy up or throwing them out of a moving train! LANGUAGE: 8/10 The language in this game is quite frankly, atrocious. Frequent use of the following words are in the game: MF, F & SH, son of a ****, a***h***, d**n, godd**n, c**p and h**l. MF 1/10 F 5/10 SH/CRAP 5/10 S O A B 2/10 AH 3/10 H**L 5/10 D**N/GODD**N 5/10. The spoken language however can be set to Russian/French/Italian or Spanish in the options menu - audio. You can also turn the subtitles off on the screen before audio, I think this is called visual or display :-). MULTIPLAYER: 7/10 Language and violence are still the same vehicles are now used though so you can run opponents over and blast them into oblivion with the tank, helicopter, plane, car, truck's guns. However online players can use microphones/headsets to talk this could be an issue due to how much they swear and sadly this part of multiplayer-online gaming can not be avoided. CAMPAIGN: 2/5: the story line for this game is rubbish and is quite frankly a waste of time due to it's competition from the multiplayer. If you aren't going to let your child play the multiplayer though I would say it is a fun part of the game to play. CO-OP: the co-op in this game is an online feature which forces players to co-operate with each other in order the complete the missions. I haven't really played this part much therefore couldn't tell you about it's content :-(. CONCLUSION: Battlefield 3 is a brilliant game for visuals, guns, destructible enviroments and with expansion packs for multiplayer being released all the time you will never really get bored with this game. For mature children of 11 1/2 at the least and teenagers 13-adult. I hope you found this review helpful, regards ULTIMATE GAME REVIEW
Teen, 14 years old Written byJake2 November 6, 2011

Too much cursing but a great game

The game's story, gameplay, and graphics are amazing its just the constant cursing by the soldiers. I mean cursing doesnt make the game any better.
Teen, 14 years old Written byshubop July 24, 2013

Ok for 10 up

Not gory, hardly a mature game.
Teen, 13 years old Written byewmany October 6, 2013

NOT A BAD VIOLET GRAPHIC GAME LIKE COMMON SENSE MADIA SAYS.

it is a outstanding game. it is not any more graphic than a T rated game. the language is the reason its M, and as long as you know your kid will not repeat the swears the game is fine for them. blood is not bad at all. you barley even see it and when you do see it its a little splash of it. there is no more blood than a T rated game such as uncharted or MAG even 007 games. you can mute people talking online.
Kid, 12 years old October 22, 2012

DONT LISTEN TO COMMON SENSE SAYING "NOT FOR KIDS"

This is a first person shooter that can be violent, but with very little blood. Language is probably a larger issue than the violence. The language is strong and you can hear words such as f--k and S--t in the dialogue. However the language said will have been heard many times ( believe me I know ), and the violence is just fine for 12 year olds. Game can be played by 12 years and up. The campaign can get a bit boring at times but multiplayer is very entertaining.
Kid, 12 years old May 3, 2015

Good for ages 13 and up

A visually amazing game with beautiful graphics. Lots of cussing (F--k, S--t, Bitch, Damn). No sexually content but some drugs and alcohol. Great game for ages 13 and up.
Kid, 12 years old November 8, 2014

Battlefield

The game had lots of cursing that you would find easily in a middle school. The violence isn't very bad but still not appropriate for little kids. Online play can be bad due to sexual inneundos heard online, but it just depends.
Teen, 16 years old Written byparent70 August 19, 2012

13!!!

Its a good game it should be 13, you dont see any blood or gore.
Kid, 11 years old November 13, 2011

BEST GAME EVER!!!

The most realistic shooter of all time! Destructible environments and realistic sounds easily make Call of Duty seem horrible. Defiantly a must have.
Teen, 17 years old Written byabsolution626 November 2, 2011

Dissapointing shooter is violent, and not the cod killer it said it would be.

Battlefield 3 has finally arrived. Even though it is a spectacular game in some aspects, it was over all dissapointment. The campaign is lackluster, generic, stupid, and poorly scripted. The multiplayer however is excellent despite poor servers. It is not the cod killer everybody said it would be, but it is fun. I will however, probably enjoy MW3 more than this game.
Teen, 13 years old Written bySpace-Narwhale July 6, 2015

Great Graphics, To much Cursing

Its a great game as long as you turn the sound and subtitles off... If you like to play shooting games and your fine with cursing- ALOT- then this is the game for you!
Teen, 13 years old Written byGunShark June 16, 2015

Are you kidding me?

The overview given was TOTALLY exaggerated. Nevermind the single-player campaign, the multiplayer is where this game really shines. No, this isn't some Call Of Duty game going around shooting everyone, instead it is a game about strategy and teamwork where you must use tactics and skill to win. For example, as the support class, it's your job to hand out ammo. Overall, Battlefield 3 encourages teamwork, and should be fine for ages 13 and up.
Teen, 15 years old Written byNiTE~LiTE January 30, 2012

BF3 = EXCEPTIONAL GO EA!

Battlefield 3 is a exceptional game all round. With amazing graphics and a cool storyline it has a gritty but not to bad campaign, with the most violent part, a man getting a bar through his chest quite brutal. It has loads of swearing but hey, your kids gonna find out what they mean one day. Overall its an awesome game.
Teen, 16 years old Written byNavalAviator14 October 22, 2016

Great game a few military errors.

I love this game! Great graphics; great game-play It's purely one of the best games of it's time. But I have one error during the flight scene when the two aviators are on the aircraft carrier, I couldn't help to notice an Air Force patch on the aviator. Now first off there shouldn't be a patch on his flight suit, secondly he should be a NAVAL Aviator not an AIR FORCE pilot and there are a few errors with the uniforms throughout the game which are small and minor. In all they should've gotten real military help in this game. Great game.
Teen, 16 years old Written byMalik1Saad2 July 6, 2015

AMAZING!!!!!

A great videogame.One of the best videogames I ever played on my PS3.The reason am rating it 15 is that it has Intense Violence (that a 15 can handle easily) and Strong Language including words like f--k and sh-t(that a high school student listen a lot).My mother didn't allowed my 13 year old brother to play but allowed me so it is the 2nd reason am giving it a 15 rating. PEGI rated it '16'.
Kid, 10 years old January 31, 2015

amazing

i recently beat this game and I thought it was great!It was very violent though. but no blood & gore and some language like damn and f--k but otherwise nothing that bad