All parent member reviews for Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Adult Written byDianne Collington March 6, 2010

Should not be played if under the age of 13

I wanted to write a descent review that parents can use. I see immature kids write reviews and say this game is "on" for age 2. People come to websites like these to make good decisions on what is right or wrong for their kids. The immaturity does not help them. My 13 year old son, turning 14 in early september asked me if he could buy the new Battlefield Bad Company 2 game. I told him we would look into it, but did not say a definite yes because of its M rating. I talked to other parents who had allowed their child to buy the game or had bought it for them. They said it was okay for a 13 year old to play. I let my son buy the game, but I watched to see what it looked like. There was some cursing, and some blood, but no limb loss or disgusting things like that. I think it is overall okay for a 13 year old to play, but I would not let my son play it if he were under this age.
Adult Written bygdevhh June 1, 2015

REVIEW (truth)

If your kid can play halo let them play this. when I got this game I expected a gory game. I DID NOT GET THAT. The only reason this game has a blood rating is because when you get shot in a plane it shows a little blood on the glass! This is playable for 11 and up. Very fun, teaches you team work as well. The reason this content is M is because its violence is similar to HALO!! good story and role models.
Parent of a 12 year old Written byJohn Fredo July 15, 2014

This game has features that made me buy it for my son

This game is a very good game. My son loved it. I told my son I wont buy you a game that has blood or language, but it turned out that you can turn off the blood and language. We tested it out and we you shoot he just falls and no blood came out. I felt more comfortable letting my son play this game. My 12 year old son is mature enough to play this game and he loved it.
Parent of a 12 year old Written byillhelpyou April 5, 2011

Good, all you have to do is just go on options and turn off language.

good. this game has language and n gore, but you can turn off language so its ok. And if you are iffy about it than rent it for a wekend and watch it on muted bad words, on online then mute everybody. Easy.
Adult Written byTom_Gamer_Tom June 4, 2010

The Moderate Call of Duty.

Battlefield Bad Company has always been compared to Call Of Duty for a long time. First off the violence, Its not that bad. There is blood and knives of course. No dismemberment and a toned down Call of Duty. The language is ridiculous. F*** this F*** that. Most of the swearing is out of order. Its stupid. They swear a lot and make jokes involving plenty of swearing. The messages according to Common sense, Are bad? They are soldiers fighting for America. That is not bad. Just overall its toned down call of duty.. Get this over it.
Adult Written bykjsjdksk June 2, 2015

Great game for tweens!

I got this game for my son and he loved it. Every time you get shot the screen turns white (not red). No one else says anything about the destruction missions like destroying an enemy base out of a plane! all of vehicles and planes are real types not just made up (good learning aspect). surely a great alternative to other super violent games (order 1886).
Adult Written byjfr5ggy June 1, 2015

BAD COMPANY 2!!! (has come)

Good content not violent too much. suitable for anyone 11 and up. my son loves it!!!!!
Parent Written byChristianParentof3 July 7, 2013

Good game

As a parent that is a Christian its hard to find games that are okay for my 8 year old my 12 year old and my 14 year old. Alot of Call of duty games i see i dont want my kids playing, but this game is different. I have tried out all battlefield series even the newest 3 and can say the only issue is violence. Language is VERY minimal and so is sexual content. Its a great game let your kids have this game. Theyll love you
Adult Written byjjnjjnhhjloon June 1, 2015

Christian review!

This game is perfect example of fun and non violent! the sequences in the game are plane fights, protecting bases, and tank destruction. This game has lots of teamwork. very positive role models and fine story. It is no were near call of duty at all! let your kid play this game.
Adult Written byjdfiojfd June 1, 2015

honest review!

Bad Company 2, Violence 2/10 (unless blowing up planes is violent). most of the gameplay in this game is driving flying or protecting an outpost. this is not the kind of game were you DON'T sit in a machine and gun people down. it has good role models and a good story!
Adult Written bythehandyman August 22, 2014

Depending on settings it could be a T rated game

The violence really isn't that bad, a puff of blood when an enemy gets shot, and knife attacks are not gruesome or anything. Its war. If you turn speech off and subtitles a 13 year old could play it. If you leave speech on and play it, I personally wouldn't play it and I'm 20
Adult Written byttujnvg7 June 1, 2015

Please Read!!

I let my kids play border lands and halo. I'm A christian parent I don't like call of duty. If you are the same, this is a good alternative! Violence 3/10 lots of driving and flying. Good for learning about planes and vehicles.
Parent of a 15 year old Written bySlick334 September 13, 2011

Amazing, but profane game

This game, however contrary to anyone else's beliefs, deserves an M rating. HOWEVER i must STRESS that this game is not in my opinion M for violence, blood, sex, or drugs, but it's consistent use of VERY strong language. The language is used frequently, however only consists of things your child HAS TO HAVE HEARD by his age. IF your child is exposed to violent, strong language, then this game would be an easy T rating. however, for parents that are still worried about exposure to language, may be hesitant. Violence is no issue, it has the violence of a typical T rated FPS, and believe it or not, a little less. People can use different guns to kill other players, however, the violence is very spaced, by spaced I mean it is not constant like Call of Duty, where the areas you have to play on are a small as a local McDonald's. The game features VERY large maps, that detract from the violence, but not from the fun. For positives, The game features good role models, who fight ONLY to find a WMD and secure it to not be used wrong, and positive messages because it sends the message that doing what right for the greater good, beats whats good for yourself.
Educator Written bymr.boide August 20, 2011

great shooter for middle to high schoolers

its like the first one only with blood. sure language is an issue but number one has the same amou. nt of language buts only T. i think as long as you turn down the character volume you cant here any language and the blood you can turn off.
Parent Written byMommyrater99 August 31, 2013

Listen to me please!

I think that this game is good for kids 12 and up my 12 loves it. But I don't want him going around saying he can play m rated games bc I think some games are alot different than this. For example call of duty games are not good for his age theirs a giant difference. That game is full of curse words and I don't like that. but this game has barely any curse words. Sure there are some here and their but you can't tell me your son Doesn't here at least 1 curse word a day at school. I remember when I was at school and I'd here them like nonstop. And the f word is pnly used 1 or 2 in the whole game.
Parent of a 13 year old Written bydr.andrewsmith August 1, 2010

Exciting, Realistic Shooting Game With Many Educational Values.

I would say that this game is appropriate for kids 12 and older. The game is violent, but it shows what it is really like for our brave troops over seas. My son oldest son Michael who is 19, is in Iraq right now, and my youngest son Joseph who is 12, plays this game with me. When Michael was home last month, he played it and he was shocked on how realistic the game was to his experiences in Iraq. I think that kids at age 12 or 13 should play this game because it is important for them to know what it is like. This game shows the relationships between the troops and that they don't just go there to kill- the story in the game is that the troops secure the new weapon of mass destruction, and return home. Thank you for reading, Dr. Andrew Smith
Adult Written byTHESLAYER October 23, 2010

15+

OMG! This is the best first-person-shooter game I have ever owned. I own the first one, but it just doesn't stack up to this! Yes, it is a little graphic, and there is a lot of profanity used, but I think that kids of 14+ are exposed to language anyway. My rating? At the very least, 15.
Adult Written bysmileyman117 May 29, 2010
great game love it, way to much language .but good i like it better then mw2 and the COD series not as good as halo series but good
Parent Written byBattleVet75 June 15, 2012
LEARNING

Not that bad

Profanity here is more graphic than the violence.It has near constant use F**k. None of it in a sexual manner though. The soldiers swear out of frustration.This game i found really authentic because the squad acts just like how i remember my fellow squad mates in the Gulf War and i find that very honorable. Also this character named Haggard is hilarious. There is one suggestive reference involving cheerleaders. the soldiers have been through a long day and Haggard is tired but they find out a nuke is heading for america and they need to intercept it but Haggard doesnt want so they persuade him by saying the nuke will also kill every "FINE, SEXY COWBOYS CHEERLEADERS" then he finally gets up . it would be rated T if it werent for all those F-bombs. OK for 15.
Adult Written bycoolguy121 April 14, 2012