Parent reviews for Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Shooter series gets more graphic, bumped from T to M rating.

Parent of a 12-year-old Written byJohn Fredo July 15, 2014

This game has features that made me buy it for my son

This game is a very good game. My son loved it. I told my son I wont buy you a game that has blood or language, but it turned out that you can turn off the blood and language. We tested it out and we you shoot he just falls and no blood came out. I felt more comfortable letting my son play this game. My 12 year old son is mature enough to play this game and he loved it.

Adult Written bySam M. March 6, 2016

Instant Classic Multiplayer Shooter. Rated M Mostly for frequent profanity

Similar blood as Uncharted 1 (reactions are more realistic tho). 61 F words.
Multiplayer has less modes than most shooter on the market now but each is VERY fun to play on the many well made, balanced and varied maps that feel dynamic and open to a variety of playstyles as well as spacey without being overstretched, providing planty of opprutunities for intense squad skirmishes after a vehicle blitzkrieg. And it has FULL Destruction rqther than that "destroy one big building to slightly alter the map in BF4". It may not play or run as fast as its sequels but it will always be my favorite. If you have never played it, get it on PC were people still play it.
Adult Written bykjsjdksk June 2, 2015

Great game for tweens!

I got this game for my son and he loved it. Every time you get shot the screen turns white (not red). No one else says anything about the destruction missions like destroying an enemy base out of a plane! all of vehicles and planes are real types not just made up (good learning aspect). surely a great alternative to other super violent games (order 1886).

Privacy & Safety
Adult Written byjfr5ggy June 1, 2015

BAD COMPANY 2!!! (has come)

Good content not violent too much. suitable for anyone 11 and up. my son loves it!!!!!

Adult Written byttujnvg7 June 1, 2015

Please Read!!

I let my kids play border lands and halo. I'm A christian parent I don't like call of duty. If you are the same, this is a good alternative! Violence 3/10 lots of driving and flying. Good for learning about planes and vehicles.

Adult Written bygdevhh June 1, 2015

REVIEW (truth)

If your kid can play halo let them play this. when I got this game I expected a gory game. I DID NOT GET THAT. The only reason this game has a blood rating is because when you get shot in a plane it shows a little blood on the glass! This is playable for 11 and up. Very fun, teaches you team work as well. The reason this content is M is because its violence is similar to HALO!!
good story and role models.

Adult Written byjjnjjnhhjloon June 1, 2015

Christian review!

This game is perfect example of fun and non violent! the sequences in the game are plane fights, protecting bases, and tank destruction. This game has lots of teamwork. very positive role models and fine story. It is no were near call of duty at all! let your kid play this game.

Adult Written byolmolkmolm June 1, 2015

Battlefield BC 2

Great not violent at all. way more toned down than call of duty! Good for all ages above 11. I'm a christian parent so i don't want my kids playing really violent games. This is a great alternative to other shooters!

Adult Written byjdfiojfd June 1, 2015

honest review!

Bad Company 2, Violence 2/10 (unless blowing up planes is violent). most of the gameplay in this game is driving flying or protecting an outpost. this is not the kind of game were you DON'T sit in a machine and gun people down. it has good role models and a good story!

Privacy & Safety
Adult Written bythehandyman August 22, 2014

Depending on settings it could be a T rated game

The violence really isn't that bad, a puff of blood when an enemy gets shot, and knife attacks are not gruesome or anything. Its war.

If you turn speech off and subtitles a 13 year old could play it.
If you leave speech on and play it, I personally wouldn't play it and I'm 20

Adult Written byMommyrater99 August 31, 2013

Listen to me please!

I think that this game is good for kids 12 and up my 12 loves it. But I don't want him going around saying he can play m rated games bc I think some games are alot different than this. For example call of duty games are not good for his age theirs a giant difference. That game is full of curse words and I don't like that. but this game has barely any curse words. Sure there are some here and their but you can't tell me your son Doesn't here at least 1 curse word a day at school. I remember when I was at school and I'd here them like nonstop. And the f word is pnly used 1 or 2 in the whole game.

Adult Written byChristianParentof3 July 7, 2013

Good game

As a parent that is a Christian its hard to find games that are okay for my 8 year old my 12 year old and my 14 year old. Alot of Call of duty games i see i dont want my kids playing, but this game is different. I have tried out all battlefield series even the newest 3 and can say the only issue is violence. Language is VERY minimal and so is sexual content. Its a great game let your kids have this game. Theyll love you

Adult Written byBattleVet75 June 15, 2012

Not that bad

Profanity here is more graphic than the violence.It has near constant use F**k. None of it in a sexual manner though. The soldiers swear out of frustration.This game i found really authentic because the squad acts just like how i remember my fellow squad mates in the Gulf War and i find that very honorable. Also this character named Haggard is hilarious. There is one suggestive reference involving cheerleaders. the soldiers have been through a long day and Haggard is tired but they find out a nuke is heading for america and they need to intercept it but Haggard doesnt want so they persuade him by saying the nuke will also kill every "FINE, SEXY COWBOYS CHEERLEADERS" then he finally gets up . it would be rated T if it werent for all those F-bombs. OK for 15.

Adult Written byBrioCyrain May 6, 2012

Great Company

A decent story with amazing multiplayer gameplay, and the vietnam expansion is a blast.

Adult Written bycoolguy121 April 14, 2012

It has more violence than mw1

its quite very bloody and has strong language but 15 and up can handle it

Adult Written byBullybuster November 28, 2011

Not that bad of a game read through all of it

Me and my husband played this game and it's really not that bad. We don't let our son play any games with drugs,intense violence, and definitely no nudity or sex. I don't know any one who let's their child play games like those. This game has some mention of alcohol but at party's with family friends some wine or beer might be used right in front of kids but that's not bad. It has violence but also some good things because it teaches kids alot about how wars are fought. The guys in the game are good guys and are helping this country. There are some swears but most kids don't go around saying whatever they hear. There is no profanity or nudity in this game and no drugs. Overall this is a good game for teens.
Parent of a 15-year-old Written bySlick334 September 13, 2011

Amazing, but profane game

This game, however contrary to anyone else's beliefs, deserves an M rating. HOWEVER i must STRESS that this game is not in my opinion M for violence, blood, sex, or drugs, but it's consistent use of VERY strong language. The language is used frequently, however only consists of things your child HAS TO HAVE HEARD by his age. IF your child is exposed to violent, strong language, then this game would be an easy T rating. however, for parents that are still worried about exposure to language, may be hesitant. Violence is no issue, it has the violence of a typical T rated FPS, and believe it or not, a little less. People can use different guns to kill other players, however, the violence is very spaced, by spaced I mean it is not constant like Call of Duty, where the areas you have to play on are a small as a local McDonald's. The game features VERY large maps, that detract from the violence, but not from the fun. For positives, The game features good role models, who fight ONLY to find a WMD and secure it to not be used wrong, and positive messages because it sends the message that doing what right for the greater good, beats whats good for yourself.

Adult Written byVaultBoy September 1, 2011

Good game for older teens.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 is a fun, bloody game with deep characters and downright funny dialogue.

-Violence: There's shooting, screams, and squirts of blood. All in all nothing worse than your standard T rated shooter.

-Language: Characters curse...a lot.

If your kid is under 14, do the community a big favor and keep them offline.

Adult Written bymr.boide August 20, 2011

great shooter for middle to high schoolers

its like the first one only with blood. sure language is an issue but number one has the same amou. nt of language buts only T. i think as long as you turn down the character volume you cant here any language and the blood you can turn off.

Educational Value
Adult Written bygow0304 June 22, 2011

Battlefield: Bad Company 2

It's a fun game that isn't too incredibly violent but the "F" word is very prevalent and seems to be one of their favorite words.