Kid reviews for Bayonetta

Mature, graphic brawler about a witch fighting angels.

Teen, 16 years old Written byamtrejo614 July 3, 2018

Maybe not for young ones under 14

In Bayonetta you play as a witch and fight angels, which usually I would feel bad about playing but the fact all of them are pretty much shown as evil and they look like aliens makes me believe this is some whole other breed. Violence in my eyes doesn't look as bad due to the camera mostly being far, but there are torture weapons but nothing extremely graphic is shown in the scenes. You are never fighting humans in this game only another Witch and "angels". There is no complete nude as it is covered by her hair. Her powers are used by her hair and her costume is made from her hair, so only when she uses her full power you see her without clothes but the nude parts are covered by her hair so there is no nude, the scenes are quick when she does use her powers like that but it's honestly not bad as your kid sees girls in bikinis at the beach all the time. I believe the f word is used like 5 times which in pg13 movies it is as well sometimes. Bayonetta I see as a positive, confident, and very nonchalant woman that sometimes I wish I could be like. I definitely look up to this character
OVERALL v

VIOLENCE 7/10 (Torture weapons and blood)
SEXUAL 4/10 (Pretty much stuff you'd as the beach)
CURSING 6/10(Cursing is not extreme but the f word is used a couple times)
DRUGS( Smoking/Drinking) 2/10 (A guy smoking once in a scene in beginning of the game and alcohol being used by adults like 2-3 times)

Teen, 16 years old Written byDaji May 20, 2012

Amazing, crazy action title

Despite other opinions I would consider this game nothing short of fantastic.To start, yes, the story is completely insane, and the dialogue and voice acting feel like they come from a B-rate movie (not a put-down by the way). Without this mixture the game would not be the masterpiece it is. Yes, often, the protagonist Bayonetta is often seen half naked, but only when she's using her powers to the fullest extent against her enemies. I would consider Bayonetta herself an awesome female role-model. She's powerful, intelligent, capable, independent and wields her sexuality like a weapon. To anyone who has issues with her proportion, well she was designed to be tall and slender like a bayonet as her name suggests. The gameplay surpassed Devil May Cry by miles in terms of fluidity and variety. Bayonettat was, in many ways, meant to be an homage to the DMC series but far surpassed it in my opinion. There isn't an excessive amount of violence, so I believe the game is appropriate with those in their mid-late teens.

Teen, 13 years old Written bykittykirby67 June 26, 2020

Amazing

If your really mature, then I guess you could play it as long everyone's fine. It is beautiful and great, as Bayonetta is one of my favorites. She is really smart, even if some parts are sexual, but she herself is a good role model kind of (in her heart and soul)

Kid, 9 years old May 25, 2019

good for 14+

So i just beat the game it is very fun BUT it it is bloody and gorey there is one positive message that the protagonist tells her childhood self "you are a strong little one you can get through anything" she is a witch with magic hair but her catchphrase is very sexual "lets dance boys"

Teen, 15 years old Written byHudsonT July 30, 2018

Good game, but be cautious

Let me tell you this: Bayonetta is VIOLENT. Lots of fighting and gore. There is also some strong language. Plus, there are scenes in the game where nudity is strongly implied, although characters never actually show their (*ahem*) bits and pieces on screen.

I will make this warning as well: if you are firmly religious, especially Christian, then this game is definitely not for you. You play as a witch who works for hell, and her job is to kill angels. A character who is supposed to be like God is deemed evil and villainous.

Teen, 15 years old Written byIneedalyfe March 26, 2016

A Title

Both Bayonetta 1 and 2 are amazing, they'll always be my favorite franchise of all time. Bayonetta herself does do sexy things sometimes, and you will see her butt, nothing more. However, these are things your child would see at the beach, do remember that. The violence is typical, not that bad. The swearing is also pretty typical, the F word is said a few times, but not many. I think mature young children can handle this.

Teen, 13 years old Written bycerealkiller189 March 24, 2012

Ok,I really am all for this kind of stuff but this really,really sucked.

I looked up IGN's review and saw it was good so I got this game for my PS3 from Amazon.But,sadly,it wasn't that of a memorable experience.This game sucks.Dont buy it.You don't have to worry about violence.Dont even get it in the first place.You have been warned.Prepare for a load of disappointment,

Kid, 12 years old December 24, 2011

Just perfect for the right child.

I think bayonetta is awesome. I played this game when I was 9 going on 10 years old. I have been gaming sense the age of 3 years old playing mortal kombat, def jam, and god of war at 5 years old. I was always a mature child. So IF u don't mind language it is fine for kids at 8.

Teen, 17 years old Written byhitokiri3 September 30, 2011

Sexuality is the biggest issue, light tone negates violence and language

The only real issue you should have with Bayonetta is the sexuality. Definitely not appropriate for anyone under 13 or 14 but lets be honest, past that point people have a pretty good idea about sexuality. The tone is fairly light so the violence, language, and sexuality are gratuitous but never truly offensive. As for the religious aspect, this isn't challenging beliefs, it's just taking a different spin on the Devil May Cry formula.

Teen, 14 years old Written bypurpledragon February 23, 2011

witchs rule

Bayonetta fans live on and game on

Teen, 15 years old Written byLady-Lithium November 22, 2010

Not for everyone

I love this game from the moment that I picked it up from the store.
Younger kids really shouldn't be playing since it's quite bloody and parents might not like the idea of a witch killing angels.
So teenagers 15 and up can have no problem playing the game.
Teen, 16 years old Written byArmadan October 4, 2010

Idiotic game for idiotic people

This game is a pathetic excuse for a peepshow at proportionally deformed women. The combat is cool, but far too unrealistic. The developers should have just been making Devil May Cry 5 instead of this ridiculous waste of time.

Teen, 16 years old Written byJocaBrate94 May 17, 2010
its an awesome game just dont get it if you under 17...

Teen, 13 years old Written bySweet_Little_Angels February 17, 2010

Good for those that know better

I've played this game and its really cool. If your kid (like me) knows that some things shouldnt be imatated then something like this shouldn't be a problem. The game is easy to learn and I love everything about it.
Teen, 17 years old Written bygamer1021 January 31, 2010

I think 14+ is a good age.

Ok first off great game. Secondly what she fights are definatly not angels unless your interpretation of angels is dinosaurs with with and togas. So if your a christian parent dont listen to the websites that say they are angels just go to google images and type in enemies in bayonetta and you will clearly see dinosaurs with wings. Come on people get it straight angels arent dinosaurs!
Teen, 13 years old Written bytommy18 January 16, 2010

Well lets start.

The reviewer below me claims its appropiate for all ages. Actually he's 10 so he shouldn't be playing it anyway. Its really well not suitable for all ages. This game has all aspects of violence. Torture,Dismemberment and tons and tons of blood. The sex just goes on and on. Its like a witch extremely violent GTA. :) This is given a 15 age rating in my country which quite frankly is ridiculous. 18 it should be.

Anywayyy. Its a great game but disturbingly violent.
PLAY IT.