All teen and kid member reviews for Borderlands

Kid, 11 years old January 20, 2011
this game is the best but it is not for kids 9 and under
Teen, 15 years old Written byJasonr March 16, 2011

Very Hard

I realy can't get intovthis game reveiw too much because I barely played it. I. Throughout the game I heard common swears, sex jokes, and ball jokes. The games violence is cartoonish but still gory as you blow off limbs and heads. The big promblem with this game is that bosses are nearly impossible. I got past the first one okay, but the second one was so hard, I spent hours intil I realized that this was wasting my time so I quit.
Teen, 14 years old Written byXv MeRCiLeSs ii July 6, 2010

Perfect for teens as long as they have matured

This is a really good game I love all of the different people and missions you get to encounter while playing. The only thing that would turn it off to parents are that it is a lot of violence and that when something happens your character may say something inappropriate however these are not that bad. As long as you trust your child is mature this game would be fine.
Teen, 15 years old Written byFlamingwolf19 January 1, 2013

OK game! Know your child, some violence issues!

Borderlands is a great fun game that I really enjoy, but is very violent. You shoot aliens, animals and even human bandits. This probably worries parents most. What I think is, If your Child can handle violence it should be OK. Know their is blood and gore, and some disturbing images. I can say their is a reason for it to be M. Now If you know your child can hadle that think about swearing. Yes, their is a wide variety of swearing. Now if you have given it a thought, you should see the game first, right? So on youtube go to paulsoarsjr's channel and find his family friendly borderlands videos. Then if you approve the game should be OK. I would recommend it for a mature 13 year old. Good luck!
Kid, 11 years old March 20, 2016

really good

It is basically a comic book but does get gory and sweary
Kid, 9 years old April 10, 2011

Fine for a older mature kid

I think that the game is perfect for kids 13+ and fine for mature 11+ kids, I do know there is a lot of gore as I have finished the game and almost finished the second playthrough, just don't get the zombie DLC with a lot of gore and it should be fine, the DLC should be for 16+ or mature 13+ teens. Also theres no F-bombs in this game but there is sh-t and pus-y, you see theres a confusion here, the bandits will some times say "Don't squeel when we cook you up!" that sounds like "Don't squeel when we fu-k you up!".
Teen, 14 years old Written byStriker101 March 5, 2011

Fine for 13 and up

Teen, 13 years old Written bydeez_nuts March 27, 2016
Teen, 13 years old Written byRyan Beele June 5, 2010

Perfect for Tweens 12+

Borderlands has alot of violence in it but the blood looks kind've fake. the swearing is infrequent and not that bad it is pretty gory at times though. Borderlands is a fun game and i think its no worse than uncharted 2 or half-life 2 if you are 12 and up it should be okay.
Teen, 14 years old Written byBookerDeWitt123 September 3, 2016

Again, not nearly as bad as Common Sense Media says it is.

Another huge over-reaction brought to you by Common Sense Media! This game is not bad AT ALL!!! It sould have been Rated T. In this "Common Sense" Media review, the violence is over-reacted, and the launguage is over-reacted. Most parents would take one look at the cover art for this game and they say, No way am I ever buying this game for my kid. Honostly, the cover ary is the most violent thing about this game. In Borderlands, the violence is very comical, and launguage is mild and infrequent. I've played this game for 20+ hours and I only heard 1 F-bomb.
Kid, 12 years old August 3, 2016
this game should be played by children around 13 yrs of age in my opinion but although it is rated 18+ by ESRB lot's of kids around 12 have it and even some that are 10. it has a lot of violence but as far as i know no nudity. BUT it is in my opinion, a good game for mature 12 year old's because it is in reality a great game that should be played by anybody who want's a classic FPS (First Person Shooter).
Teen, 13 years old Written byDickboi97 June 20, 2016

This game is so good it gave me cancer when i read the reviews

Families you can talk about how commonsense media is a waste of time and money. My gramps loves me when i play its fun.
Kid, 12 years old May 24, 2016

Bloody brilliant

Brilliant fun sci fi game with lots of violence and swearing so definitely not for kids but is still a brilliant game to play with friends if you like making heads go pop.
Kid, 12 years old April 24, 2016

Good game, but the games with gold wasn't great

I got this game with games with gold in March 2016. I didn't download it straight away, so when I played co-op online everyone else outleveled me. Which wasn't great. Language isn't used much, violence is the blood when you kill someone. That's it.
Teen, 13 years old Written byyoulouzer26 March 22, 2015

Fun shooter!

Very fun and not very inappropriate
Teen, 17 years old Written bySensiblepeople February 1, 2015

"Borderlands ups and downs."

A large quantity of violence and blood,with a tad of gore, Parents would normally think twice before letting their kids play "Borderlands". However,Its cartoonish style and humor makes it ok for mature kids. It comes close to the edge of indecency,but never crosses it. If you have more than one child,it also has co-op to prevent fighting between them. As long as they are indeed mature,its a great game.
Kid, 11 years old November 25, 2014

Great Game!

Ok, people are saying it's not for kids. You can turn down the gore and the language. Although I play with all the gore. But if your at least 7-8 you can play with the gore/language off.
Teen, 17 years old Written byCordell 224 October 12, 2014

Borderlands not Borderlands 2

I could write a paper on how great this game is for the player. If you are the type that loves to be with you friends then you will loves this game. Or if you don't care for much of an interation with others then this is still a great game to play. It isn't big for a story line but it has wonderful gameplay. The game focuses on looking for guns with different states and other thing along the way to help the player. Also there are four characters to choose from and each focus on different gun types and skills. Even though the player can use any gun type they want. So this is my review on the great open world, role playing, first person shooter, and coop game, Borderlands. P.S. this game doesn't hold the best graphics but over time, the player grows to love the art style.
Teen, 17 years old Written byRJH731 June 7, 2014
I don't know how to describe how much fun I had playing this game. The moments when you know your shield is depleted and you don't know if you'll keep enough health to survive, and you see a high-level burning bada** (frequently used word in the game) psycho nearby, the tension is unreal. Utilization of the action skills is great, and the level system is very well done. There are many weapons all with different stats and rarity levels. The gameplay is great. I just love this game. Maybe it's not for everyone, there is a lot of gore, language, violence, and mature humor. There's no sex. But it's great fun and VERY time consuming. Amazing game for teens and up.
Teen, 13 years old Written byGingerGame May 9, 2014

Cartoon

This game is fine for mature kids a bit of swearing but nothing too bad stuff they will hear from friends in school plus the cartoon graphics should be fine for the gore pegi/esbrp are really of the mark with this one