Find the best for your family

See what's streaming, limit strong violence or language, and find picks your kids will love with Common Sense Media Plus.

Join now

Parent reviews for Burnout Paradise Remastered

Harsh crashes dominate in intense, exciting racer.

Adult Written byTorrrrri November 17, 2018

Exciting fun

Aside from the driving at the speed of sound(which your kids should already know is dangerous),i think its just an awesome and exciting racing game.It also has no swearing,drugs/alcohol and sex.Although it is kind of violent because you can smash other cars into oblivion.
Adult Written byTechViper July 22, 2015

Best Racing Game EVER!!!

This game is really good but has very realistic crashes but no people. That is why I rate it 8+ You should definetly play this game
Adult Written byNowaste April 18, 2014

Entertaining "drive almost anywhere" race and "smash'em up" game

Probably the best "open world" racing game. Very smooth graphics on PS3. While some people may complain about billboard advertizements in the game, I feel this is an acceptable way for publishers to generate revenue and helps keep the price of games down. It's done in most movies now as well. In the real world, we don't put blindfolds on kids every time we take them for a drive so that they won't see billboards.
Adult Written byA good game for kids October 7, 2011

A good game for kids

I feel that this game is great for kids over 11 years old. The only things to worry about Burnout: Paradise are that there is a lot of violence and there are billboards with commercials including Gillette and diesel signs. This game is great unless you have a who you wouldn't trust to tell the difference between the game and real life. The only major problem in this game is cars crashing and slamming into one another

Adult Written byAlphaZK93 December 25, 2010

It's like perfection: you get to race, blow stuff up, and look at awesome cars you will never own. This game rocks!

Well, I have not actually played THIS game, but I have played lots of other Burnout titles. I must say that the Burnout games are fine for older tweens that understand this is how you are NOT supposed to drive, there are no humans in any of the cars, and if you do drive like this in the real world, your car will crash like it does on the game and you will die. (LOL)

But seriously, the Burnout series in general rocks. I watched trailers and in game videos and this game looks AWESOME. I also recommend Burnout Revenge, which is for the PS2 and 360. Just make sure your kids can tell the difference between real and fake. Some of the songs are edgy and stuff, so make sure you disable the ones you don't want your kids listening to.

But yeah. totally awesome. Great mindless game for tweens and teenagers looking for an explosive boredom buster.

Adult Written byTom_Gamer_Tom June 18, 2010

Fun and entertains younger ones.

This is a great fantasy racing game with a few bad messages. This is very child friendly. It shows you how not to drive! Burnout has always been cool and fun but this is the best for kids, Not hard. You can either compete in races or drive round at 200mph. The best way to see Paradise city is at 250mph. Its got bad messages because of you drive horribly. Trying to blow yourself up. Well I do and everyone else. Its very kid friendly overall. Its fun!
Adult Written byPtotheMtotheJ November 21, 2009

Good for teens and tweens as well.

This game is great, plain and simple. No language, no alcohol or drugs and nothing big to worry about. Although, parents should let their kids know that this is not the way to drive. Even though some of the driving action in the can be imitated, it's not really an issue. I would recommend this game for teen players.
Parent of a 4, 8, 10, and 11 year old Written byayeshaq June 22, 2009

Awesome game

This is a cool car game with crashing and racing. i
Adult Written byKT427 April 10, 2009

Burnout returns again.

And it sure doesn't dissappoint. More vehicle crashing mahem, more racing, and more DESTRUCTION. Appropriate for all ages, but especially anyone 10 or over. VERY FUN!!!