Kid reviews for Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare Poster Image

Good for kids who want to start playing the cod series

This is a good game for younger kids who can handle mild swearing like sh#t, d#mn, h#ll, b!tch, and a few other things like [email protected] Pretty tame language compared to most call of duty games. The violence isn't very bad. Of course you are a soldier fighting for your life so there will be many deaths. Pretty tame but if you want less language you should probably get one of the first three games that are set in ww2. Or you could get newer ones like cold war and you could turn on the graphic content filter to get rid of swearing completely and make the game less gorey. This is one of the few call of duty games available on the wii but keep in mind you can no longer play multiplayer on wii unless you watch a tutorial which will require soft modding your wii.

Great shooter for tweens

Great game. One of the best shooters. Dated but still great. 4.5. Good for tweens

easy game to play

It's a good game, with little "gore" though there is some blood. It has a really great storyline. Its I a little violent, in one mission you are chasing one of the bad guy's sons, you end up on a roof and are about to get him but he kills himself. There are some cut scenes that show some blood. Good game

screw csm rating

this is a great game. i have played it through too many times to count. easily one of the best games/game series in the franchise.

9/10 - I want his NAME!

Technically superb, tightly plotted, fast-paced and wonderfully cinematic, Call of Duty 4 is one of the best war first-person shooters ever made. The game quickly shows off its qualities: after a brief tutorial we get a great level on a ship, then an amazing credit scene - a steady-cam sequence seen through the eyes of a man dragged through a Middle Eastern city to be executed: a chilling, brilliant moment worthy of Brian De Palma. Call of Duty 4 is a roller-coaster ride. You never get that "enough with this damn level!" feeling plaguing many games. There are also touches of class such as plot twists and playable flashbacks (the mission with Price in Chernobyl is easily one of the best levels I have EVER played in a FPS). A.I is remarkable: although main events are scripted, both your allies and enemies are reasonably flexible. The game has two flaws. First, the single player campaign, while an excellent gaming experience, is fairly short. Second, although you do have a key impact on every battle, deaths or survivals of your team members feel staged - which means they won't die unless the plot requires them to. Stay through the credits for a bonus level.

It's fine

Try playing this game on the Nintendo DS, It dosen't have any swearing, non realistic blood, and the campaign is the SAME, and the controls are a little bit harder because you have to use your right hand and the stylus to look, and your left hand to Move and fire, assuming that you're right handed. Like I said, It's fine on the Nintendo DS!

WHY ITS OVERRATED , I PLAYED IT ON 12 years old

come on , the story is very cool and i dont think there is any violence that will influence kids , u guys think blood will make kids go in crime field , really? this game is very nice , there is little mid smoking , but it doesnt influence your kid , its really nice game , i love it

T rated game by today's standards

So to start off, if this game was a movie, it would be PG-13 for sequences of intense war and some mild language, there are no f bombs at all in this game it is limited to sh*t, hell l, damn etc. The violence is pretty bloody and the blood is clearly visible. This should be T

Maturity, not age

Call Of Duty, what do you think of when you hear that name? You probably think of a bunch of people shooting off each others limbs and heads. But no, its not just that Violence: For some reason, everyone targets violence. I don't see it as much of a problem, I've been playing shooters since I was 3 (and no, I'm not even kidding). Blood and Gore is there. For example, Zaekav (the games main villian) loses his arm. Blood appears when shot. But this isn't that big of a deal, as the game is not very graphic. Language: Characters will curse a moderate amount. Words in the game include sh*t, damn, hell, p*ss, w*nker, bollocks, bloody, and a possible use of f*ck. F*ck is also used 3 more times in the acronym F. N. G. To me, language also isn't much of an issue, my friends cuss like crazy and it isn't a problem. Conclusion; People think this game is for a specific age, I disagree. This game could be just fine for anybody, provided they are mature. M doesn't mean Adult, it means Mature. You could be a 5 year old, and provided that you are at an appropriate maturity, you could be fine, and an immature 16 year old may not.

Mum wasnt comfortable with 18+ games

This game was really good and 100 percent shouldn't be an 16+ game. I'm not going to lie there was a tiny bit of blood when i played but only when you hit headshots. Me and my mum later realised you could turn of blood. If your kid plays games like Destiny 2 and titanfall 2 you should have no problem. you will look at the common sense media rating and see they put 18+ this is not true and you should research it. this game is 100 percent a 16+ though it should be a 12+. The only reason i give this game a 12+ is because theyre is a bit of swearing and it is genuinley a shooter. It is violent but like star wars violent. again if you can trust your kid to not repeat the swears like my mum did then you should be fine. All in all i really enjoyed this game from the 10 hours of campaign to the constant joy of multiplayer. I really hope you let your kid enjoy this game as much as i did!!!