Want personalized picks that fit your family?

Set preferences to see our top age-appropriate picks for your kids.

Get age-based picks

Parent reviews for Call of Duty: Black Ops 4

Polished online shooter glamorizes intense graphic violence.

Adult Written byjohn malk October 15, 2018

not as bad as it seems

This game seems like it should not be 18+. All of the gore settings and profanity can be turned off in settings. I bought it for my 10 year old and it did not seem as serious of a military shooter as it advertises.

Adult Written byChelyRating October 15, 2018

12+

I think Cod Bo4 is a great game. A lot of parents don’t understand that you can turn off blood and gore. My children are allowed to play but have to have blood turned off and they can’t play zombies. If you turn off the blood it’s isn’t really bad. Most parents just don’t like to admit they’re child has grown up and play games like this. The rule for my children is when they turn 12 they can play. I say give it a shot, it isn’t as bad as people think. This website makes it look horrible but honestly it isn’t even that bad. I mean every kid needs freedom and needs to find out what they like. I say give it a shot. It really isn’t that bad and the trailer is worse because they are trying to sell the game. Also this game has no campaign which has the curse words. Zombies also has curse words but that’s why my children can’t play zombies.

Adult Written byJay M. October 16, 2018

Listen

This game is one I am sure a lot of parents are worried about. I have 3 children so trust me when I say this I can “relate” my son mak is 14 and was desperately wanting this game. Obviously I said no, however my wife allowed him, I just want to say I watch him play the game I will will give it too my wife I wish I had this game I just want to let you know blood,gore and swearing can be turned off, this means to me that the game is about a 14-16 still not his age range but it’s a great game and I find he hasn’t changed unlike he did with “fort night” let your children have the game only if their above 12 it’s good and I like it

Adult Written byDogman666 October 16, 2018

Amazing

This game pretty much anyone can play,because of the setting to turn off blood
Adult Written bydeadhero2341 October 15, 2018

real common sense

honestly these reviews and age recommendations are completely overreaction back in the day kids could do so much more now they cant leave the house some may not want to but can but most arent allowed
Adult Written byAaron Shearer October 15, 2018

Suitable for 12 and up

This game is suitable for ages 12 and up my 13 year old asked me to get this game for him reluctantly i said yes i saw the 18 on the cover and thought it would be to violent. I played the game myself and i seriously rate this game an 18 it is more like a 16, 13 at a push.

Adult Written bySpeedyBoi October 18, 2018
amazing game for my kids to learn

Adult Written byDavid Gray October 16, 2018

Amazing game

My son wanted the game, At first I wasnt having it my son kept on nagging i kept on saying no, no, no. He then bought this game behind my back I was watching him play it was while he was playing it I releasized that he got the game. It didnt look that bad I let him keep the game as it wasnt bad i Would definitely recommend getting this game as it wasnt bad at all, all the critics are way to critical as you can just turn off graphic content.

Adult Written byMathew_coop123 October 22, 2018

This game is awesome

My sisters 8 year old son got this game and I watched him play it. It looks like an exelent game you can turn off blood and language. If you have a child that likes these type of games and is 10+ I would definetly recomend this game to them
Adult Written byHarold Felt October 15, 2018

12 and up Easily

This is a very appropriate game which should have an age rating of 12 as it has near to none blood and nothing sexual therefore i think this game should be rated 13.

Adult Written byChuck1236 November 5, 2018

Not That Bad

These Days Parents Don't Realize That Just Because a Game Is Rated M Doesn't Mean Its Bad. Ratings These Days Are Overdone The Game Has No Cussing No Sex Or Nudity. It Has Blood But You Can Turn It Off. This Game Deserves A T Rating and I think Anyone 10+ Could Play This. Don't Judge A Game By It's Rating Read Reviews By Parents.
Adult Written byCraig Johnstone October 16, 2018

Not as it seems

I am familiar with the cod franchise, I always thought it was the most violent a game could get so when my 13 year old son pleaded me to get the game i said no, He showed me other games like GTA5 and Mortal Kombat. I immediately reversed my way of thinking cod was not the most violent game out there it is simply portrait to be. I got my son the game but forced him to turn off graphic content. He has had endless fun and laughs, Easily the best purchase I have made in a while.

Parent of a 18+ year old Written byScaryMovieMan October 23, 2018

LOL 18+ is just not accurate at all

Parents should know that this game is rated M for strong language strong violence/gore and i dont think anything else is that bad and FYI they ask you when you start if you want to cencor the swearing and gore if you turn that off then i say 10+ but if your kid goes to school they will hear 10X worse language in school and its not very frequent but does include f**k and s**t and there is a kind of Champaign but not really and you can skip it thats where most of the swearing is and in multiplayer if you puck the specialist "ruin" sometimes he will say "its about f***in time" but seriously if your kid wants this game just buy it. Its not a harmful game in the slightest. I have been playing since the OG black ops the past games had alot more graphic things in them but i highly reccomend this fun action shooter that is great for friends to get online and play together. Untill next time, bye

Adult Written bypatti5 October 22, 2018

LIT

I would SO buy this game for my kids. They loved it and said I was the best mom ever. I even like the game and I don't play video games.
Adult Written byMarkSmith00005 October 15, 2018

Its good for teens

It is not as violent as the reviews say. You can turn of blood gore and language. As long as that is turned off it is no worse than any PG-13 movie. If you are still wary about this game I would suggest watching some one play it. Make sure you watch somebody with blood and language off if you want your kid to have those toggled off.

Adult Written byHonestmanNohate October 28, 2018

Safe Mode ERROR

Save mode ERROR!!!!!!
Adult Written byaequa October 24, 2018

This game is fine

Having played most of the other call of duty games myself, I know that they are really not that bad. We can't deny that there is violence in the world already and this GAME is not going to make any one extra violent. For example you watch videos on youtube on how to reload and shoot a gun in real life.

Adult Written byJohnMicheal October 20, 2018

Black Ops 4 Battle Royale

I'm Surprised Its Rated M Its Really not bad there is blood but it just looks fake has guns too. I would Say the Only M part is blood
Adult Written bymarine.jones October 16, 2018

Great game

My kid kept on nagging me to get this game and I finally gave in but before I let him play I played it myself and the age rating is way too high. There is hardly any blood and is quite fun for even me to play. I recommend that all parents that have kids above age 11 should be able to play because its not as bad as the 15+ tells you.

Parent of a 13 year old Written byDavid Dye October 23, 2018

Based on your child

I think that this game is fine for teenagers, however if your child is rude or aggressive I think that your kid should wait for this game. You can turn off all of the blood and gore which also blocks out all of the swearing. With this mode on it is a Teen rated game and it just depends on whether your kid is mature enough for this game. It is all about if your kid is able to handle this game without becoming immature.