Parent reviews for Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War

Mature, violent shooter offers hours of exciting action.

Adult Written byMarineCat636 November 18, 2020

Just as mature as the other games in this series but not as mature as Common Sense says

Parents need to know that there are three different modes in this game: Campaign, Multiplayer, and Zombies. There isn't very much blood or gore except in the Zombies mode. Most people will play Call of Duty for the Multiplayer, which is a mode where you play against other players. This game has lots of explosive action and shooting. It is very intense, but not very bloody. The zombies mode is pretty scary and gory, but lots of fun. Working together with teammates is really necessary in order to win. Shooting zombies will always spray blood and when you shoot a zombie's head or limb it will get blasted off. The Campaign has occasional uses of F--k and Sh-t but it is not very often. There are some disturbing parts in the campaign, but not as much as the previous game. Sometimes you will stab people or choke them out, so this mode is more mature then the Multiplayer mode. Most teens can handle it. I would recommend the Multiplayer mode for age 13, Campaign for age 15, and zombies for age 16. Parents should also know that content such as the blood and cursing can be turned off in the settings. However there will still be lots of shooting and explosions. Thanks for reading.

Adult Written byJohnGreen November 29, 2020

Turn off Blood/Bad language

This game is not gory at all as you can turn off all blood/bad language.

Adult Written byMannyReviews January 15, 2021

Best Cod ever

There are few games out there that have as good of a storyline as this game.
The entire game they have you thinking one thing and at the end, there is a major plot twist. The campaign is not as large as the other Cods but it has more impact. It tells a story based on the Cold War and the secret operative known as Perseus. You are trying to kill or detain perseus before he can detonate nuclear bombs planted all over Europe and blame it on the U.S.
There is a ton of language including F--k, Sh-t, and P--sy. There is an option to turn off blood and gore, but im not sure if there is one to turn off language, you might want to check that out. If your kid has played any of the Cod series then this shoul be okay for him/her.

Adult Written by.George February 19, 2021

COD

I think as you can turn of blood and bad language and most people play multiplayer I think that when your kids play online with there friends it teaches them jeans eye coordination and it helps them communicate especially cod and I think the rating is to harsh because you can turn off the blood and swear words

Adult Written byBocat32 November 18, 2020

Black ops Cold War review

Now let me just say, I’m a pretty overprotective parent for instance...
Whenever my 14 year old son goes out with friends I always make sure he sends me his location and where he is and what he is doing. And I don’t allow him to go to big party’s where there could be any type of alcohol or anything. So when my 14 year old son came up to me and asked me for this game and he told me that it was a call of duty and it’s MA I typed it up and watched about 1 to 2 hours of gameplay of it and, it’s really not that bad. It’s actually one of the tamest call of duty’s there has ever been. Also........the blood is actually barely noticeable and the story is really good and shows that team work and courage can help you get through things. I also have a 11 year old son and when he saw that my other son was playing it he asked if he could play it to and I said “as long as you turn down the volume (because there’s is a bit of swearing) then he’s you can play it”

He was so excited and I watched him play to for a bit and it was totally fine!
So I would say as long as your child turns down the volume of the TV then I would say age 11+ is good

Adult Written byB.Smith October 26, 2021

Great game!

When my child first came to me asking for this game, as he said to me the words 'call of duty' I knew that I wouldnt let him get it. I said he could try it but I would have to monitor him. And to be honest it's wasn't half as bad as I expected it! The zombies mode is not for kids but I would rate the multiplayer a 11 plus. The campaign has a lot of swearing and smoking but if your child has watched the maval movies they will be fine. I would rate it a 12 plus. I did not let my child play the zombies though because if the extreme violence. Keep your child away from zombies until they are older. I would rate zombies 15 to 17 plus. In my opinion this game is a great investment for a family if there child is moving into the teenager phase beacause it will let them take out there anger on the game in the form of shooting enemies. The campaign in my opinion is very good for learning life lessons to help you in your future. Highly recommended for kids 11 plus. Thanks for reading this!

Adult Written byJohn56 May 1, 2021

Ok for ages 10 and up

This game does not include any sexy things it just has some revealing outfits also you can turn blood off and bad language also the campaign is ok it's based in the 80s and your fighting terrorist it has very diverse characters I give it a age rating of 10+

Adult Written byApostle2 April 28, 2021

THIS GAME IS GREAT!

I let my son get this game thinking it was gonna be inappropriate... but when I saw the gameplay it wasn't bad at all. It is just your average shooting game and you can turn off gore and language if you like. (There is barely any).

Adult Written byCarterowen February 6, 2021

Okay for kids in middle school

The campaign cussed a lot more than previous cos games I played when I was growing up like black ops 2 for example but the online play is no mans land, people call each other racial slurs and cuss quite often so I would either not let your child have a headset for this game or only play with his friends unless they’re over 13 because if they are they probably just head the same stuff at school as they do in the online lobby’s.

Adult Written byNoahGarcia_1982 December 20, 2020

Well made game not suited for younger kids.

I have four children. One of them plays this game all the time and just recently I watched him play it for the first time. He is fifteen years old and I think it is just fine for him. I have been told there is a lot of blood and gore but my son has turned that off, He also turned off the strong language after I told him too. I think anyone who is in middle school or high school could play this video game casually and really enjoy it. For anyone under 13 I do not recommend they play this video game. It all just depends on what you think is right for your child.

Adult Written byfelixfrigault December 9, 2020

it is a good game for kids here is why

is a good game and is you do not think the blood is good you can turn it off

Adult Written bySlimeBoi December 2, 2020

I do think 18+ is a bit harsh.

Multiplayer, which lets be honest is all kids do these days, is not even that bad and even has a similar violence level to Fortnite.
However, adults should be concerned about the campaign and Zombies modes which usually have strong violence, explicit language and gore.
However if you're kid is only interested in multiplayer and warzone, which is the battle royale, its okay for 13+.
However the full game is 15+.
Adult Written byvPeely November 28, 2020

12 or 13 depending of what you play

The violence is very gory but only in the Zombies but in the multiplayer there basically no cussing campaign has the most cussing it has glory kills which are quite violent. For example you break there hip and then stab them in the neck and then shoot them in the head and pull out the knife. There is drugs in the campaign the reason is SPOILER ALERT you need to find out who you are and the injection makes you hallucinate and you are actually a Russian Terrorist and you can chose to betray everyone.

Adult Written byKarenJarvis November 22, 2020

Good game for pre-teens and teens

I saw my children playing this game and it is really not as bad as I heard from some other parents on facebook. Not much gore, and lots of co-operatian.
Adult Written byBethrosemily November 21, 2020

Read Before Buying!

I know many reviews here say about the same thing and when I was reading them too it was quite sketchy so I bought the game for myself to find out really what’s going on with this game and why my kids KEEP talking about it all. the. time. So first of all there was quite a lot of blood and gore in the zombies mode and the zombies do really look realistic. But my 14 year old son told me that you can turn it off in settings so I did. After I did that the game was really likeable and I started playing it NON STOP. The game looked so fresh and it was really fun playing even through I wasn’t very good. The zombies mode through is pretty scary and I won’t recommend for kids under 13 but the campaign and multiplayer is so interesting and gets you immersed in the game. If your child has been exposed to simple shooting games and already has been exposed to swearing and cursing then they can definitely handle this. Just remember to keep the blood turned off and you’re good and don’t need to worry.

Adult Written byEeeendjdjd November 26, 2021

Ass Game

Don't buy it, the damn game is broken
Adult Written bypanda12345678910 October 28, 2021

commen sense media is flat out wrong

i have a way to make this game rated t
step1.turn of blood.
step2.dont melee.
step3.dont use melee weapons.
step4.only play nuketown.

Parent of a 10-year-old Written byhklinzing September 25, 2021
The game is fine

Adult Written byGrier the Grier September 14, 2021

Gory game teaches kids about the real world

When I first bought this game, I thought it was a normal fps. Let me tell you I was wrong. So I set it up in the console. In the first 2 hours of gameplay I realized this game was AWESOME.

Violence
Tons. Lots of gory headshots, stabbings, and beatings. Character's faces are stomped in. All in all I believe this game teaches kids about the real world. Growing up, I witnessed and committed these things quite frequently. It was awesome too, but after several incarcerations I decided to just play bloody games instead. Let your kids play this, and I, Bert Grierington, promise they will end up with a better salary than I (0$ an hour)

Adult Written byAdo0613 September 3, 2021

Frustration

This game is so much fun.......when it works. The server issues are horrible one minute you're playing zombies grinding and once you get what you want then you grind some more to level it up and once you accomplish that and your ready to kick back and kick some zombie tail you get kicked! How frustrating is that well thats the reason for the 2 stars please fix this