Parent reviews for Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War

Mature, violent shooter offers hours of exciting action.

Wondering if Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War is OK for your kids?

Adult Written byMarineCat636 November 18, 2020

Just as mature as the other games in this series but not as mature as Common Sense says

Parents need to know that there are three different modes in this game: Campaign, Multiplayer, and Zombies. There isn't very much blood or gore except in the Zombies mode. Most people will play Call of Duty for the Multiplayer, which is a mode where you play against other players. This game has lots of explosive action and shooting. It is very intense, but not very bloody. The zombies mode is pretty scary and gory, but lots of fun. Working together with teammates is really necessary in order to win. Shooting zombies will always spray blood and when you shoot a zombie's head or limb it will get blasted off. The Campaign has occasional uses of F--k and Sh-t but it is not very often. There are some disturbing parts in the campaign, but not as much as the previous game. Sometimes you will stab people or choke them out, so this mode is more mature then the Multiplayer mode. Most teens can handle it. I would recommend the Multiplayer mode for age 13, Campaign for age 15, and zombies for age 16. Parents should also know that content such as the blood and cursing can be turned off in the settings. However there will still be lots of shooting and explosions. Thanks for reading.

Adult Written byBocat32 November 18, 2020

Black ops Cold War review

Now let me just say, I’m a pretty overprotective parent for instance...
Whenever my 14 year old son goes out with friends I always make sure he sends me his location and where he is and what he is doing. And I don’t allow him to go to big party’s where there could be any type of alcohol or anything. So when my 14 year old son came up to me and asked me for this game and he told me that it was a call of duty and it’s MA I typed it up and watched about 1 to 2 hours of gameplay of it and, it’s really not that bad. It’s actually one of the tamest call of duty’s there has ever been. Also........the blood is actually barely noticeable and the story is really good and shows that team work and courage can help you get through things. I also have a 11 year old son and when he saw that my other son was playing it he asked if he could play it to and I said “as long as you turn down the volume (because there’s is a bit of swearing) then he’s you can play it”

He was so excited and I watched him play to for a bit and it was totally fine!
So I would say as long as your child turns down the volume of the TV then I would say age 11+ is good

Adult Written bySsspppp November 22, 2020

Please read this parents.

The game has graphic content, with blood, gore, and heavy focus on violence. Choices in the story and the players morals will determine life and death. The game has an option to turn off graphic content, but one animation is still left in play. All and all, the game demonstrates great role models that fight for peace. I highly recommend this for ages 12+ and think it is good for tweens and teens to learn about the Cold War and what it was like.
Adult Written byKarenJarvis November 22, 2020

Good game for pre-teens and teens

I saw my children playing this game and it is really not as bad as I heard from some other parents on facebook. Not much gore, and lots of co-operatian.
Adult Written byJJxx November 22, 2020

One of the best games I’ve played!

I think this game is ok for kids 13 and up. The campaign is ok for slightly more mature teens though. In terms of sexual content in this game, I have barely seen any. The only sexual content I have seen(I’ve finished the story mode and played a lot of multiplayer and a little zombies) is in the beginning where a soldier is reading a suggestive magazine, it only lasts a second and you can only see suggestively dressed woman on the cover but no nudity. In terms of drug use, it is only in a specific multiplayer map called cartel and their isn’t any use or mention besides that. In terms of violence, theirs a fair bit. You can shoot other players with weapons that have bursts of blood when you kill people and I’ve seen a small pool of blood in one of the maps, but most of the graphic content comes from knife kills. You can perform finishing moves on players where you stab them in the throat with a combat knife, you also have a variety of these finishing moves in the campaign which is where you see the most brutality in this field. You can also shoot and punch off zombies heads in the zombies game mode. All in all, this game is ok for teens who can handle some violence and brutality.

Adult Written byBethrosemily November 21, 2020

Read Before Buying!

I know many reviews here say about the same thing and when I was reading them too it was quite sketchy so I bought the game for myself to find out really what’s going on with this game and why my kids KEEP talking about it all. the. time. So first of all there was quite a lot of blood and gore in the zombies mode and the zombies do really look realistic. But my 14 year old son told me that you can turn it off in settings so I did. After I did that the game was really likeable and I started playing it NON STOP. The game looked so fresh and it was really fun playing even through I wasn’t very good. The zombies mode through is pretty scary and I won’t recommend for kids under 13 but the campaign and multiplayer is so interesting and gets you immersed in the game. If your child has been exposed to simple shooting games and already has been exposed to swearing and cursing then they can definitely handle this. Just remember to keep the blood turned off and you’re good and don’t need to worry.

Adult Written byhuginbun23 November 17, 2020

Awesome game

Awesome game with amazing multiplayer, campaign and zombies. If your kid can handle it let them play it.

Adult Written byRandy Green November 17, 2020

Good game for mature teens

The theme of this game is violent, but it isn’t very realistic or as gory as you would think. I think it’s alright for my 14 year old son to play mostly because he is mature for his age and I know he can handle it. There is also options for turning gore and blood off. Hope this helps you decide wether or not to let your kid play this.

Adult Written byCharlie2006 November 17, 2020

For a person who played since the Bo1 days I can say this game brought back the joy and fun I experienced a long time ago. This game has the coolest zombies, a pretty good multiplayer, and a fire campaign. This is seriously such a fun game and it is worth it. This of course is my opinion so you do not have to agree with me.

Adult Written byjsector2018 November 16, 2020

Such a fun game!

I was very hesitant about getting my 13 y/o son this game because I have not heard good stuff about call of duty in the past, however I bought it for him and I watched him play a couple games and it wasn’t even bad. There is a filter that you can turn on to make it way less violent and now as much swearing. Overall I really think you should let your child this game!