Parent reviews for Call of Duty: Vanguard

Call of Duty: Vanguard Poster Image

Great for kids

My 8 year old kid played warzone on his xbox and now really wants this game. I saw the common sense media said and I looked at gameplay. It does not match this game is great for kids.
2 people found this helpful.

Do your research on Call of Duty

This game is a well thought out project put out by Activison and the call of duty franchise. I always look at common sense media before I buy my son any games or let him watch any movies. Typically I steer away from call of duty games for him because of the M rating for 17+. After doing some research about this game and watching gameplay footage I realized it is not that bad of a game. Call of duty is required to put this rating because of the gore that can be visualized and the language. However, you can turn off the language for younger audience. Also there is a setting that turns off the blood and gore in the game. I turned this off for my 15 year old so he can still enjoy the game without seeing too much violence. I believe that this game is great and there should be no problem with anyone 14 or older playing this game. If you are a parent and you are still hesitant you should watch some of the gameplay footage. It definitely changed my mind! I know that call of duty is known for being a gruesome game and very violent but it is not like that at all. My son loves this game and I have also enjoyed playing it with him.
1 person found this helpful.

Wake up!

The 18 year old kid that shot 23 people today, including 19 children whose lives had barely begun, was a big fan of Call of Duty. Go ahead, listen to the parents here defying the age restrictions, passing off violence as not that bad, as entertainment, great fun, and then take to social media and blame it on access to guns. That's definitely the problem. Not wreckless parenting. Let's breed adults who think violence is fun.

It’s not bad some bad words and a lot of violence but if you kid wants the game and if their mature to see the violence get it for them

FINE FOR KIDS

I love cod and I want to get my 9 year old the new game for his birthday. I wanted to see what csm had to say and they are wrong about cod in general. I am a deep fan of this and I think a kid who has been playing fps games for a while would really like it.

Violence and swearing

This game can be very violent, and contains many repetitions of swear words that are standard to a Call of Duty campaign. Multiplayer is more tame, and zombies can be frightening to younger children. No sexual content, but there is still a “content filter” as it is called in game, that can be toggled to completely avoid any sexual or “graphic content” which is a staple of these games, which I’m really happy about.

Violent, not much else

Game can be violent at times, but that’s to be expected from a Cod game. Decent amount of swearing, but that’s limited to campaign. No sexual content at all, unless you are counting the game’s “calling cards” which are only used in multiplayer, can be a bit suggestive, but can be hidden with graphic content filter. Would recommend young kids skip out because of violence.

It's a okay game, watch some game-play to decide.

This game is very easy to play, basic controls. Their is a lot of violence but is a Call Of Duty game, what would you expect? The sniper rifles usually decapitated but other than that the violence is minimal. Zombies is okay, everything else is fine.

Leave it up to the kid's parents

The game is pretty good but i believe that you should let your kid play this game if they aren't sensitive to gore and are mature for their age.

COD be coasting again

The gore level is relatively high but appropriate for a WW2 setting. Not as brutal as World at War or Black Ops though. If you've seen Saving Private Ryan or Hacksaw Ridge youll be fine. Theres your dismemberments, heads bursting, fellas cut in half and ample amounts of blood. Flame attacks dont do much body damage tho. But like most COD games there is a toggle off for the violence. Campaign is as basic and soulless as it gets both in level design and story. Zombies is prob the worst ever. I dont care about MP so whatever. Just bring on Modern Warfare 2-II