Parent and Kid Reviews on

Our Review

Based on 78 parent reviews

Sort by:

BEFORE YOU SAY NO TO YOUR CHILD PLEASE READ THIS

When I first saw this game I instantly said no since it was rated 18+. But after I did some more research I found out you turn off profanity, blood, and gore. My child showed me them turning this filter on in game settings. Overall I think this is just a realistic version of Fortnite. So, if your child is at least 11 I recommend this video game!
19 people found this helpful.

Just because its Call Of Duty Does not mean its not for kids.

Parents always say call of duty is a bad not kid friendly game just because its Call Of Duty but the reality is its just as bad as every other shooter game like PUBG, Apex Legends, or even Halo and when the rating said it has "intense violence" that has only because it was branded as a Call Of Duty game its literally a battle royale same as fortnite.

7 people found this helpful.

I did the research and found out this is not even close to as bad as I thought it would be!

My kids found out about Warzone and immediately asked me if they could play it because it was free. I said no because I knew it was part of the Call of Duty franchise and then decided to look into it a bit more. I searched online for anything that might make me change my mind until I found out about the settings you can change to make it suitable for kids. I finally let them play it and watched them change the settings. They showed me that once the settings are changed they cannot be undone. My oldest son has a PS5 and went into a match against some people and showed me that blood and gore do not work on this console. I put on their headset and the computer did not say anything bad because of the strict system in the PS5. This game has made me change my perspective on Call of Duty and I think kids at least 9 or almost ten kid should be able to play this game.

4 people found this helpful.

Before you say h*ll no read this.

my son had exams and he is 10 he wanted to play this game so I researched it you can turn off blood voice chat and gore and the same thing with other warzone games like call of duty warzone mobile or warzone 2.0 or codm. In conclusion it is suitable for children 10 and up if you turn off blood voice chat and gore.

3 people found this helpful.

This my honest review for your kid

If your kid likes shooters like Apex Legends or Fortnite, this game may be right for them. Even if this game is rated M that doesn't mean that it's not for kids. If you don't want your kid to see the gore, blood, and dismeberment, then you can turn it off in the settings. But that is just about the age, this game does have many hackers and bugs, but it actually is really fun. I am a parent of an 11-year-old, who wanted to play call of duty. He just asked me if he could play because his friends play. I told him he could try it. When I first saw it, I was scared he would be mean and rude after playing. I also thought it had too much gore. BUT, after he showed me that you could turn off the language, voice chat, gore, dismeberment, and blood, I was fine with him playing. The only rule I have for him is that he can't talk to other strangers, either than his friends, until he is 12.
3 people found this helpful.

Huge gap between reviews here and the reality. Written by kids to show their parents?

There seems to be a massive gap between the reviews and reality about the suitability of this game for younger audiances. Sure you can turn the gore and guts off but let's just take a second to call this what it is. A war game where people run around a kill one another. Now I know fortnite is the same but there is an intentionally comic style to fortnite and an intentional lack of realistic war action. Even the weapons are, for the most part, fluffed up to compensate for the overarching violent intent of the game. I will say that fortnite, I think, is not suitable for under 13s. Dispite the peer pressure to conform, which, I'm sure you are all too familiar with if you're reading this here. This game takes girst player shooter games to a whole different level. It is a war game and a realist one at that. Realistic weapons, realistic fighting, realistic tactics and a realistic intent to search and destroy. Turning off the blood and guts does NOT remove the gore. It minimises it. You will still have bits of brain matter all over the screen when you die. And then you can spectate other users who may not have the gore filter on anyway and still see the blood. Gore or not tho, this is in no way suitable for under 15s. As a parent, as an avid gamer and genuine lover of this game myself... let your kids be kids and don't expose them to this kind of mature overly competitive violent gameplay. It isn't suitable for anyone younger than 15, maybe 14 if they're particularly mature.

3 people found this helpful.

At first glance problematic, but re search to know the upsides!

As you may have noticed it seems very problematic at first glance...My 13 y.o and 10 y.o wanted to get this game to connect with there friends considering it has cross platform play. Now of course I was worried as it is based on fighting and violence, and in the city of San Francisco we hear about enough daily violence so I was skeptical of how this would effect my children’s behavior. However the game has great settings which let you turn off cursing, and blood and gore. I was reassured to see these. The game is basically is the exact same as Minecraft Battle or Fornite on paper but only the graphics look a bit different. In the end I had a discussion with my wife and and we decided to let our children play this game under some supervision, if we saw them having a new interest in guns/violence then we would cut back on video games.

2 people found this helpful.

multiplayer with a twist. This is hands down the worst battle royale I've ever played

2 people found this helpful.

Stop! Read this Honest Non-Biased review

Hold on! If you immediately stop your child from playing because of CODs past game "Modern Warfare 2" and its level, "No Russian" where you shoot innocent humans in an airport, this mode was although the player is not forced or told by the game itself to shoot any civilians and may skip the level altogether without penalty. although the player is not forced or told by the game itself to shoot any civilians and may skip the level altogether without penalty. So, in Warzone, This game has no innocent humans to shoot at, and remember you can make although the player is not forced or told by the game itself to shoot any civilians and may skip the level altogether without penalty voice chat only with your friends, and turn off blood and gore!

1 person found this helpful.

COD: Warzone is great

It keeps my kids busy while I work. And I even play the game because it’s just a fun game overall.
1 person found this helpful.