All parent member reviews for Call of Duty: World at War

Parent of a 13 year old Written bybluecanoe1221 January 14, 2011

Fun and very educational.

I'd say that this game is okay for mature kids who are 13 years old and up. There is a graphic content filter that will remove most of the blood and gore. I allow my kids to leave it on though- the game was meant to capture the brutality of World War II, and I feel that the blood and gore helps that although it is more violent. The game is actually quite accurate. The violence is of a realistic amount- if you've seen any footage from the War, you know what it's like. My son studied WWII in school and this game really helped him a lot. If you're one of those parents who thinks that everything's inappropriate for your kids, rent it first.
Parent Written byCOD man December 22, 2011

WAW Why chn should play it

The thing with cod waw that their is a profanity filter to stop the swearing. I let my 10 year old play it. The filter is great for a child of 10-13. If you dont like games like 18 certs this is the one for your child.
Adult Written byno one special March 14, 2009

A surprise once played.

My 12 year old suggested this and its older brother modern warfare. At the begining i would have none of it because it was a Mature rated game. Just to det him of my back i rented this for the wii and the ps3 and was surprised. The wii version is different in some ways, the gore is toned down a ton and the language isnt as bad. But displays the horrors of war, but i like to teach him things that are true . he is very mature about these things and understands completly that some things are real and some are not. i let him watch the WWII movies and they are the equivalent to this game. There are filters that are great to take out the language and gore. there is a purticularly bloody sceen where your fellow marine gets his kneck cut in exicution but nothing extremly terrible. OVER ALL A GREAT GAME THAT A MATURE CHILD THAT YOU HAVE TALKED TO ABOUT NOT TAKING IT TO BAD CAN PLAY THIS GAME.
Parent Written byThegoodcop August 29, 2011

TURN OFF BLOOD AND SWEARS, parent review fine for 12+

A great game for kids 12 and up. It has blood and swearing in in it but both can be disabled in the menus. I am usually kinda strict about 15's but I let my 12 year old son get it on the condition that he turns of blood and swears. It was my sons first call of duty it has real footage from ww2 in it and is realistic to the war I recommend this for 12 years and up. Oh and all the other comments say blood gore swearing remember it can be turned off.
Adult Written bymeranr March 31, 2015
Adult Written bydan field May 9, 2011

sutable for 11+

it is a great game however it has some cursing language and blood. it is not over the lop violence or language but has some. as a first person shooter it has been rated a 15+, despite this i have played it and it is not to bad. mature children of 11 and over can play it. zombies has no blood but has many guns, you can shoot at spacific body parts or look down the sight of the gun. i hope this summery has come in useful.
Parent of a 8 and 9 year old Written bykemperflow May 1, 2009

You can turn off gore mode, but still violent game..

Right or wrong, most of the 11+ kids in the neighborhood and in school play or have played this game. You can turn off gore mode, which removes certain questionable scenes and stop the gratuitous blood and flying limbs.
Parent of a 12 and 14 year old Written byKevin Quire November 27, 2009

for ages 12+

Not as violent as everyone claims online play removes the swear words.
Adult Written bygamenerd323 October 29, 2009

good for teens!

This game is brutal, gory, and explict. You start of with a brutal torture scene where a man has a ciggarete put in his eye and the killed with a knife, blood is shown with clear detail and the burn't eye is visble when the man is killed. This game has THEY MOST REALISTIC BLOOD AND GORE EFFECTS EVER IN A VIDEO GAME, EVER! you can blow peoples arms off, you can blow there legs off, there heads, and set them on fire. The gore is amazingly realestic, I have reconized bones and organs clearly visible on bodies. When an opponent is set on fire, there cloths and skin are burn't. But you kill enimies in a variey of ways, like stabbing there chest with bayonets and watch blood spew out of there wounds, or graphicly stab and enemie's neck and seeing blood spew out while the enemie's body is on top of you. But the game is great, I strongly recommend this to any kids. And if your studying WWII in school, this game fetures real names, real footage and real battles that include many weapons from the time.
Adult Written byMi3 February 5, 2011
Adult Written byFreedomFromCens... June 8, 2009

Play Call of Duty 2 for a more enjoyable WW2 experience. World at War is broken.

Why is call of duty 4 so much better than this? First off, the weapons are balanced correctly in COD4 (in World at War, why the heck does a semi-auto M1 Garand take 5 shots to kill when a fully automatic Thompson takes only about three bullets?) and the storyline is much better. I'm tired of World War 2 games, and you all need to learn to stop following sheep and saying that "World at War is the best game ever", because it isn't. Just because something is brand new doesn't mean its better. Violence is worse off than previous COD games, including Modern Warfare. Appropriate for most 13-14 year olds and up.
Adult Written bydemonaid12 December 31, 2008

THIS GAME IS NOT BAD!

this game is not so gory and not much cursing, kids age 9+ should be able to play it! commonsense doesnt know anything!
Adult Written byXA-Games December 20, 2010

OK for Tweens Who Can Handle It

The brutality of this game exceeds all other Call of Duty games, include Modern Warfare 2 and Black Ops. Several aspects of the game include shooting off limbs and heads, seeings bodies with dismembered heads and limbs and pools of blood. A flamethrower is also available an you can burn people with it and watch them burn to death. It's a really fun game. But Nazi Zombies takes the previously described violent features to the max, and has 3 down loadable maps. Nazi Zombies can be scary, and in the downloadable map "Verruckt" you are in a confined space and can hear screams of dying Asylum patients, and the sounds of torture and a woman crying from an abortion. Zombies should be played by older players.
Parent Written byacohen_80 April 8, 2011
i love it
Parent of a 10 year old Written byroly poly canoly May 25, 2010

fun game

this game is fun and educational our family love to play nazi zombies.
Parent of a 10 year old Written bymindo5522 January 5, 2010

its ok

its not very good for younger kids
Adult Written byCR90 April 16, 2011

It's violent..

...I will give you that, it is also quit gory with the way some people die in this game, at times you can even see internal organs. It doesn't bother me as an adult but it may bother younger kids, especially those with sensitive stomachs. As for the story line and gameplay it's awesome, definitely one of the best first-person shooters around, and yet Treyarch improved on it with Black Ops. If you let kids younger than 16 play it, keep an eye on them and talk to them about it.
Adult Written bysquidex August 5, 2015
Adult Written byjacobgamingeye0 June 26, 2015

Very violent

At the begining gory Swords are chopping peoples heads of! its very gory as well but when you get to the actual shooting its not that bad.
Parent of a 14 year old Written bygamer71712 November 21, 2009

good for teens with filter

its a great game the filter makes it a great game for teens and online is less gory violent and you can mute the language(other people with mic's) so i recommend it for 13+