Kid reviews for Cave Story 3D

Remake of indie puzzler has eerie vibe with talk of killing.

Based on 1 review

Teen, 17 years old Written byJoer'ct D. June 29, 2018

A reasonable 8 year old can play this

Ok first off, Ive played this game several times over before the special remake xame out for the 3DS because I got the download through the eShop. With that out of the way, I can get the ball rolling.
This game can actually get dark. You play as an amnesiac robot named Quote who takes on the role of protecting this race of rabbits called Mimiga from a doctor, who kills them by force feeding them a red flower. You also run into Curly Brace, that can die latermon depending on what choices you made eariler in the game. Ive seen my 8 year lld sister have a BLAST with this game, only pausing it periodically to get clarification on what was going on from me.

Ease of Play
Kid, 10 years old March 6, 2015

Best game ever? Maybe!

This... This game is art.
Though the final level will kill your hands.

Teen, 14 years old Written bySeagullTerror February 17, 2015

Well...

The game is a great game in general.
But! There was a review i saw earlier about "satanic" references.. Actually no, there aren't so dont worry. And in the end you do not defeat 'jesus christ' you defeat the doctor who is trying to turn a village of rabbit looking things into brainwashed warriors. BUT there is another ending where you go to a place called the "Blood stained santuary" jokingly called "hell" by a sign in the game. There are no satanic references of ANY kind in the game at all. BUT I WOULD NOT SEE A KID ENJOYING THIS GAME AT ALL! So i recommend it to people ages 13+ . Theres no blood and everything that dies goes *poof*. So dont worry about the liars folks.

Teen, 13 years old Written byMunggoon Lee October 1, 2013

Awesome

Kid, 12 years old June 24, 2013

Beautiful game with a hard plot

This game is amazing. It has stunning graphics and a beautiful plot line good for all ages... However, it is violent, with much of the game about shooting things to advance. This violence is contained, though, and most of it just involves a character falling offscreen in a comedic fashion. The graphics, although stunning, do help to tone it down, because there is no blood. The things you are shooting at are not humans. You can die in this game, and it can get frustrating for young children, which is some of the reason that it is on pause instead of on. The other reason is that some of this game might be too deep and philosophical for a young gamer around the age of 7-8 to enjoy. It's plot is thick and confusing, and they might just burn out without it making a lot of sense. But, if your child is mature, and can think about the plot, then this game could be perfect for them.
I hope you have a wonderful day! - SkyShift

Teen, 15 years old Written byPITLadyPalutena99 March 30, 2012

some issuses

Some issues with the darkness also in original you could steal curly who is a girl's underwear.not played 3d version yet

Kid, 11 years old January 21, 2012

Remake of a Classic

7-year-olds might not get the story, which is excellently written with extreme depth, and it's very hard, but it's also an excellent game if you can find it. 3D is decent too, and is the best 3D remake of a 2D platformer/shooter made on the 3DS. Very fun. One of 4 great games for the 3DS so far. (Not counting Ocarina of Time 3D, I haven't played that yet.)