Parent and Kid Reviews on

Our Review

Based on 10 kid reviews

Sort by:

Civ 4

I have been playing this game for a while now. The only reason I put this game 6+ is because younger kids might get bored with this game. A lot of people on this list played this game with their dad or grandpa. Same here. So review: Violence: 1/10 there are guys fighting each other but by six your kids probably know war is pretty bad. May I say that this game is really educational. You can learn about the different units and their historical value and learn tactics about how to move your armies around. (I played this game a lot with my dad and grandpa.) There’s nothing for the other category’s so that’s it. Again, the only reason it’s 6+ is because your kid might get bored with it because it’s a pretty slow moving game. But probably one of the best games ever in my opinion.

Good game!

It is a really good game, but it is hard to understand at first. Also. you need to keep in mind that you need to read well to get anything out of playing. You can see armies, and you can see them fighting, but there is no blood or gore. This is a good game for playing together, and I enjoy playing with my father, but can be played alone too. Very good game.

Just one more turn

This truly is an amazing game I played it when I was 8 must have for any stratigy gamer or evan non stratigy gamers. One of the main themes is fighting wars with other civilizations and their is a cartoonish battle scene when fighting wars. There is also good educational valule with semi historic scinarios althogh Europa Universallis 4, and Crusader kings 2 are more historically educational and equily good however different focuses.

Great for kids!!

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!! Extremely addicting and very EDUCATIONAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! For kids under 10 at least it will be very confusing!!!

Civilization

little violence but no blood and gore. I say 4+ cause i started playing it at 4 and it only took 1 day too learn how to play it. but it's a little educational because it teachs you. and it is hard work to finish the game. i still play it now and i been playing it for about 8 years. and i'm at the FUTURE 80825 AD.

Buy This Not Civ V!

Who the poop wrote this review? THIS IS THE MOST EDUCATIONAL GAME I HAVE EVER PLAYED!!! I began playing this game when I was 8. 8! You can play as a real civilization, led by a real, historical leader, in a fictional world, OR you can play a scenario eg. Rise of Rome, Viking Conquest etc. Civ V RUINED all of this, this game is way more educatonal and way cheaper.

Perfect

This title is a game that spans from the dawn of civilization in 4000 BC, to the supposed reach of Alpha Centauri in 2100 AD. It is the fourth title of an epic series that will blow your socks off. You can do war, build culture, race to space, or get voted to victory. Your child only needs to be able to read to understand stuff, but if you want to win, you're probably going to need to be a little older.

Perfection on a disc

This game has one flaw-if you put computer player in your game, they are REALLY GOOD, but this can be sidestepped by ussing Hot Seat and playing against yourself, which is more fun than it sounds. So, basically, this game is perfect. It is won or lost on your intellegence and logic for the best option in the circumstances. The Civilpedia is a virtual history book and sometime I'll spend hours just reading that. And this game let's you do something that you have always wanted to do-play God over the world. Also, if the battle odds are below 100%, you will always lose. Always.

great game but requires a lot of skill

This is one of the best games I have played. For young people who are very good at playing games this would be great. This game can be semi-educational because it has real cities and sayings and the leaders are all real. The game includes brilliant technology advancements, extra mods, and masterfully made gameplay. This game is a MUST play for anyone who thinks they can play it.

Good for great strategy players.

This is a very good game. The only reason im saying 12+ is because its very difficult.