Kid reviews for Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

Dated online shooter drowns in cesspool of toxic behavior.

Teen, 14 years old Written byparzival1232131 June 28, 2019

Listen here

Ok... this is ridiculous. this games community is pretty much dead and there are several people I have met that are just fine and not toxic. Every game or two there may be a toxic player but that is the reason for the kick poll. There was one game that I was in and the person started cussing, and I mean cussing he had a sailors mouth but not even three minutes into the game we kicked him and the game was normal again. if cussing bothers you so much just mute them, I have the entire game muted most of the time because I only use the text box due to the general crappyness of my computer. This game is ok as far as fun goes but the only toxic ness that has gotten out of hand is the legit hackers. Like the snipe you through several walls while jumping in no scope but those people are rare for me. this game is fun and I hate that it has such a bad rep.

Teen, 13 years old Written byup_North January 25, 2020

Best FPS I’ve Ever Played

I started this game over a year ago. I started because of a recommendation from a friend. Only he and I played it but we were close. I changed schools and got a new group of friends and I quickly learned that one of them was really good at CS:GO. He also got me into CS esports. He and I grew closer and we then convinced three of our other friends to play. This grew us closer together and nothing negative came out of it. Nothing negative ever came out of playing. I had played COD before and several other FPS games, but this is the best one so far. Nothing in the game hasn’t already been seen on tv or in a movie. It is also rare that you come across cheaters, toxic people are a little more common but still hard to come by.

Teen, 17 years old Written bygkpower August 2, 2019
Teen, 13 years old Written byzaCXCX January 25, 2020

PEGI is too high.

If you look around the internet you will find people saying that the game is passed it's time or the game is 'dead'. This is untrue, infact the game peaked it's all time highest in 3 years during December. You will also find articles stating that the game is an 18. Whilst this maybe the PEGI rating, the game in fact should be a 13 (PEGI 15), the only reason why the game scored so high on PEGI is because of the abused voice chat. This can be easily turned off in settings. The other reason would be because of killing mechanic. There is limited to almost no blood when people get shot or die.

Overall I think and many other people think that the game should be rated 13+

Teen, 15 years old Written by65Someone31 July 16, 2021

CSGO is a great game and definitely not 16+

Ok so I will start by saying what the hell is wrong with common sense media? This game is a classic and amazing FPS. Honestly this is the best game I’ve ever played and I’ve played a lot of games as I am a small streamer. Although the game is violent as the whole concept is terrorists vs counter terrorists it is not as bad as they make it seem. There is minimal blood and no gore. The community is still sort of toxic and you will hear swearing and general trash talk but even that should not be bad for anyone 12+ as they have most likely heard it before. But if you really want you can turn off chat altogether. This game is the best I have played and I would 100% recommend it to anyone 12+. The only reason I even give it 12+ is because the game takes a lot of skill and grinding and anyone who plays it has to know the difference between right and wrong.

Teen, 16 years old Written bygg4534535 April 16, 2020

Counter Strike Cs go

but i dont care if i play this.
my mom she dont want i play that. because the bloods
i DONT CARE. kids is fine to plays. i listen the voice microphone kids.
and is fine!

Teen, 13 years old Written byGhostyy August 9, 2019

I was 11 when I started

This game is really good. You can guess what! Turn off the voicechat. Multiple people I play with don’t have or don’t like to use mics. So you are pretty okay on that front. The graphics are garbage so blood sucks. The game is a Terrorist V. Counter Terroist game too. If your kid isn’t caught up on that then talk to them about hostage situation or bombing or something. Also you will get harrassed by losers on Competitive. I almost forgot your kid wants knife skins please do not give him the credit card to get a 500$ virtual knife.

Teen, 14 years old Written byJonah E. August 9, 2019

Great game for mature kids, but beware of negative role models.

The game is great. The graphics are great and the controls are easy, making it a fun way to spend time. I would not recommend it for anyone under 11 years old, as you can choose to be a terrorist in the game. Explain to your kid that being a terrorist is not good, but taken maturely the game is a fun pastime. The game also has lots of blood and occasional organs. Also, you’ll need a pretty beefy pc to run it, at least a dell optiplex 990 with about 16 GB of RAM. Also, you can turn off team microphone chat and block profane usernames, giving you a pretty tame gaming experience.

Kid, 12 years old July 31, 2019

CSGO is quite good!

be me
playing csgo on pc
join game
normalgame.jpeg
except it isnt
somebody keeps spraying memes on the walls
the entire chat is a mess of spam
hacker on server killing everyone
someone on voice says "can someone help me over here?!"
7 year old kid says "i help your mom have another baby"

Good game, 8/10

Teen, 17 years old Written byno online dating June 22, 2019

Very little blood

very little blood
Teen, 13 years old Written byVariety Ban November 29, 2021

I play cs since 2011 now Im 13

If your kid is between 3-12 year old, I recommend playing only with the bots because bots never teach you to swear.

Privacy & Safety
Teen, 13 years old Written byImposter28 October 18, 2021

The best FPS i have ever played till now!

Its the best fps i have ever played till now in PC. Its fun to play and graphics are normal, really good for me. I think the rating should be for 11+. It has a bit violence but not that much. Still i prefer this game for 10 or 11+ people (11 is recommended). Anyways, its a good game.

Teen, 15 years old Written byGTXR155_BOIYZ October 11, 2021

How I feel playing csgo as a 15years old teen

I think the game is a bit bloody but not that bad
I have glock 17 bb gun and I didn't feel like to shoot someone after playing this game soooo it okay for 15years old
I have 6years old brother he play FreeFire (low spec Asia pubg replica) a few month after he play that game he was like kicking and hitting his friend so I think even mobile game I will rate 12+
I just tell my father to control his phone game like what is he playing or watching
I will just recommend 15+ rate for csgo

Teen, 16 years old Written byMr.Moo October 4, 2021

its ok but.....

its ok if you turn off the chat function because a lot of players are toxic.

Teen, 13 years old Written byDEAD DOG September 16, 2021

Fun, Casual.

Some toxic players, but overall a fun game.

Teen, 15 years old Written byHiman Balestin September 16, 2021

Worse than People Tend to Think

Yes it is toxic, yes there is violence, but what other people don't take into account is the excessive consumerism, It turns out to be easy to get addicted to case opening real money gambling websites and on top of that, beware of skin scammers and scam websites offering empty trade offers when claiming they will return real money. And when I say 13+, I mean it is 50/50 depending on your kid.

Teen, 16 years old Written byPlaceholder24 August 15, 2021

Not too bad

Sure, there is a lot of blood, but it is completely unrealistic. The only iffy thing I would say is that blood can splatter on walls, but there is a method to get rid of it using an autoclicker (but I wouldn't recommend it, becuase if the autoclicker is open on your desktop, it will spam open all your apps if you hover over them). You can turn off the blood clouds easily by entering in the command "-lv" in the game console window on startup. But if you're somehow worried that your child will act out or do violent things if you let them play this game, then you're being irrational. To be honest, a nine-year old would probably be fine playing this game (if they were mature enough), and the only reason I put ages 12 and up was because you'll look like a bad parent for letting there nine-year old play a rated M game. The gameplay is really good though, and the game isn't grindy or anything and there's no battlepass (or seasons), so your kids won't have to steal your credit card or anything. You can just play whenever you want and everything will pretty much be the same. No swearing or any sexual stuff. Now I feel dirty for saying that. But yeah good game also click this link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ

Teen, 16 years old Written bydisab1ed July 30, 2021

PEGI too high

i personally think csgo should be pegi 13, but others could disagree. I think its a pretty good fps game.

Teen, 17 years old Written bySkyth July 11, 2021

SHITTY ASS REVIEW

This game is a classic 10/10 not toxic more funny of a community then toxic giving language 5/5 is stupid cause in the game it never swears besides maybe 1 voice command 10/10 game
Teen, 17 years old Written byhfgdwkhf July 3, 2021

It should usually be 9+ depending on your kid. Before they play this game make sure that they don't get nightmares, they know about cursing, about the violence and how to deal with cyberbullies.