All parent member reviews for Crackdown

Parent of a 3 year old Written bymessenger December 13, 2008

the rating is not fair

i have played this game and found the rating extreme the game is about a super cop who skills upgrade whenever you use them consit of driving shooting expolivs agility strentgh the game yes it has swearing but it is only here and there the gore is just a little blood squrit the game should not be compared to gta in gta you are a criminal who sleeps around and shoots up while there is some comparison like carjacking and shooting the game is a simple clean up the streets at the end it gives a little phisophical question so to my fellow parents this game is not like they portray it to be
Parent Written bySmartParent1 February 21, 2012

Great Game but This Site Over Rates Mature Games

This site over rates everything! This game is awesome but saying the game has sex in it is stupid. There is NO SEX. The game is a little violent but the "prostitutes" are just normal civilains with cut off shirts with their lower stomach showing.
Adult Written byScott_C January 28, 2010

Appropriate For All Teens

Crackdown is one of my favorite games I have played. To start off, this is not a GTA style game! It is a sandbox game. There are major differences between GTA and Crackdown. In Crackdown you are a police, cleaning up the city from the gangs. You don't really hear any curse words, and the killing isn't bad. There is little blood, and the characters are in a slight cartoonish look. No sexual stuff in the game and you don't really hijack cars much, because you can basically run just as fast, if not sometimes faster than the cars. I really think this game deserves a Teen rating, but the reason why it got the M rating is because T ratings aren't strict on age, so it still means a 6 year old could play this game and buy it if he wanted. But this game is fine for 12 and up I think. Like I said, just because it has the M rating and says GTA style, it is not like GTA AT ALL. There is so much more to GTA, and you can't say 2 games are a like just because of 1 thing you can do that is the same (steal cars) but even in that case, you are a police, and can confiscate vehicles in theory. And you get demoted by killing civilians. The auto lock on doesn't even lock on to civilians either. Just my opinions.
Parent Written bygary simmons December 18, 2013

the truth

i think crack down should be rated teen because theres nothing that happens making it a m rated game love it!
Adult Written byTheKauf April 9, 2008

Adult Written bygamenerd323 October 15, 2009

excellent game, very explict though.

Good role models but bad messages, you get the idea that bloody murder and stealing is the way to stop the bad guys. But the game is super fun!
Adult Written byFlaymReviewer April 9, 2008

Not just a Beta that came with a game

Heralded as a Halo 3 beta with a free game, this title can actually hold it's own in the market of 360 games... Blood and Gore - Every shot counts, and every punch, shot, or explosion will bring some blood out. There is no dismemberment, [...]. Also, with explosives, characters will be set ablaze. No markings appear after the fire goes out [...]. Intense Violence - The main game-play is running around shooting anything that's affiliated with the gang using any of an arsenal of guns, [...] Sexual Themes - [...]one target is a gang recruiter who lures people into joining through promises of sex and drugs. Around this target is a red-light district of neon lights portraying nude women and suggestive billboards. A lot of female civilians wear short shorts/skirts and bikini tops for apparently no reason. Strong Language - And is it ever strong! The civilians who go around the islands have no control of their tongues, as shown by their exclamations of S-words, F-bombs, and a number of other profanities. [...]
Parent of a 10, 12, and 14 year old Written byGimmick March 6, 2011

Good

This is a fun game. There is no gore, although there is blood the graphics are quite bad so you don't really notice it. There is mild cussing and Prostitutes wander the streets, but you can't have sex with them.
Adult Written bySkuld April 9, 2008

Can anyone say Halo 3?

Okay, so yet anyther review from me. You will see alot in the videogame section; mostly because I work at a videogame store. Now, onto crackdown. Crackdown is a pretty cool idea for a game. (as if it hasnt been done 100 times over...) but I think the real appeal of the game was buying it for the Halo 3 beta that came with it. If you want to try a hero based kill the bad guy shootem-up style games, just take the cheap route and buy perfect dark zero. The game is full of action, however the story has fell quite a ways short.
Adult Written bynorthernpaul April 9, 2008

Adult Written byRedDragonKnight April 9, 2008

Crackdown Good

If found the sandbox style of the game to be very fun, and enjoyable. The skill increases really made the game different. The game did get a little repetitive though with some missions however overall I thought it was a good game that will keep me entertained for a while to come.
Adult Written byultimatedood April 9, 2008