Kid reviews for Crackdown

Grand Theft Auto-type game on steroids.

Teen, 13 years old Written byCWG1 March 25, 2013

A Great Xbox Game

This Game is pretty Outstanding. The only problem I can see a parent having with a kid playing this is the language and theft. This game is not as bad as it says on the back cover. it has some violence but it is pretty Comical, and doesn't look realistic at all. Language well you can hear some Harsh language sometimes, but not all of the time. If this were rated as movies are rated it would be R: Gang related Violence throughout, Drug References, some language.

Teen, 13 years old Written byRandomtaco327 May 24, 2014

Great, but know your kid

If your son/daughter is mature enough, let them play. If you think they are not immature

Ease of Play
Kid, 10 years old August 20, 2013

A fun game!

I am ten years old and I love this game! There is blood but its nothing new to most kids and although it has been described as GTA like it is nothing like that. In Crackdown you are a super cop cleaning up gang filled streets. You can kill innocent people but you lose skills for doing it. There are sex and drug references in there but most kids know about this stuff by the age of ten. There is a strip club in one area but you cannot go in so that's not really a problem. The only real swearing there is are thing like a** and c**p. Nothing serious.

Teen, 15 years old Written bySithLordBeast August 4, 2013

3/5 or 7/10

Haven't played the whole game but, from what I've seen, it's pretty fun. If you like this type of game, I'd recommend Grand Theft Auto IV (M), Just Cause 2 (M), or Mercenaries 2: World in Flames (T) which are all fun sandbox games that I like better than this one. However, that is my opinion and it is still a fun game to play. It's very over the top as gang members are everywhere and you're playing as a super solider. There is obviously a lot of violence, the majority of it just shooting down gang members, but you can also run over the gang members in a car, or blow them up with your grenades. For up close, you can kick the enemy and then kick their body (dead or alive) on the ground, releasing squirts of blood that splatters on the ground. Blood is moderate and there isn't gore in the game. The game rating says the game contains "strong language". To a degree, this is true. While driving in a car, background music plays, including the song "apocalypsh--. The song in uncensored and includes and f-word. However, you can go to the menu and turn off music. Aside from music, sh-- is used most frequently and besides that is other milder language such as b--ch. This game should be rated M but it's not in the category of GTA or Gears of war, more like in the category of halo and just cause.

Teen, 13 years old Written byToirrah March 30, 2011
wow fun but crazy bad

Privacy & Safety
Teen, 16 years old Written byShawn Melroy August 9, 2013

A Professional Review on this Game.

This game had great potential to smack GTA out of the water in competition. Instead, it delivered a trashy game, filled with bugs, glitches, bad voice actors, and awful boss battles. The Plot: The plot itself was weak, and un-original. You never felt attached to your character or the agency you work for. Hatred for rival gangs was there, but in the end, you felt your time was wasted playing the campaign. There are 0 SIDE MISSIONS. This was extremely disappointing, and was one of the main turn offs. The Gameplay: This game is more of a shoot-em up rather than an interesting story. Although it was fun cleaning up the streets, the combat got old by the 3rd hour of playing, and the co-op was useless. The game was described as "the next GTA" by some critics. However, this is far from true. ANY sort of harm to civilians will result in the ENTIRE AGENCY TRYING TO KILL YOU. It really takes away from the free roam game it claims to be. Scene and development: The graphics aren't too bad, but it felt bland, and old. Even for a 2007 game, Crackdown looked like a budget game, sped up to make a deadline. Voice Acting: The voice actors were AWFUL, especially the mexican gang. It sounded cheap and vulgar. Achievements: This game does have some rewards, but not enough to make you feel like your time was well spent. Lasting appeal: This game had no real replay value. I finished the story in 3 days. 3 DAYS. Overall, this game is NOT worth your time. If you are looking for a game to play over the weekend, this might be ok, but otherwise, avoid the brain aneurysm this will give you.

Teen, 13 years old Written byJack lambert June 13, 2014

the game is good there is some blood and some swear words but its is a very fun game but its quite old now

good game but some blood and some swearing but nothing a 13 year can,t handle

Teen, 15 years old Written byReviewer Sam March 17, 2013

Fine

This game is fine. It's rated T or 15. But there is some rude shop names so keep a look out

Teen, 14 years old Written byMyxboxliveisroc... January 18, 2011

Good if your parents will not allow you to get games like GTA

A good alternate to GTA and very fun! It isnt very much like gta actually. BUT it has some nice open world features and its just COMPLETELY fun and if your parents are not so strict on blood and cussing its not bad!

Teen, 16 years old Written byzbest1011 July 24, 2010

COMMON SENSE IS SOOOOOO DUMB

this game isnt that bad!! 13+

Teen, 13 years old Written bygamecritic July 7, 2010
MAN THIS SITE OVER RATES EVERYTHING! and u no wut sucks? Parents believe everything this site says.

Kid, 10 years old July 6, 2010

Just as bad as GTA

I really thought this would be different than GTA. Instead, I found myself running over pedestrians with no way to stop it because you can do whatever you want. You are reprimanded for shooting civilians, but the cops who come after you are as dumb as hell. In GTA, you are threatened by cops once you gain stars for injuring civilians. Blood, while not realistic, is emitted every second. I was appalled. One thing I did in the game was hang out on a bridge, shoot civilians in their cars, take them out, and toss them over the bridge, or into oncoming traffic.

Teen, 14 years old Written byGameking40 July 5, 2010

Beautiful

A very good alternitive for GTA.

Kid, 11 years old July 22, 2009

cant trust this site.

ok its not that bad! i hate this site i can never trust it. there are prostitutes but they dont look bad. any of the cut scenes you can skip, and the violence isnt gory at all

Teen, 14 years old Written byHappy Kid June 20, 2009

Yep

This site is definitely a joke.
Teen, 13 years old Written bymclaren700 March 10, 2009

HELP!!!

my mom is being totally unfair... she wont even let me talk about the game! i have fallout 3, gears 1 and 2, and halo. IS THIS GAME REALLY THAT BAD?!?!?!?!?!
Teen, 15 years old Written byRedskin4life January 9, 2009

READ THIS

I am a child who really wanted to get this game. I read reviews with my mom about Crackdown and she let me geet it because i am mature she said. Yes there are strip clubs in the game, but you have no interaction with them. They are hard to see even. the drugs in this game are really nothing. The gore is not bad at all not very bloody at all. yes you can kill innocent people BUT you will be punished if you do! So look at your child, not the rating. And if your child wants to by this game, Honestly I would tell your child to save your money because this game got kind of boring and not very fun after a while. i don't play it much anymore. But your choice. Bye and good Luck!
Teen, 15 years old Written byEvmax318 April 9, 2008
Teen, 14 years old Written byguitarunicorn April 9, 2008

good game

this game does not condone violence. you are a good guy. YOU ARE ENCOURAGED TO NOT KILL CIVILIANS! HELLO! you lose points. oh yeah hey its captain obvious. hey what's up. "hey kids, Its me captain obvious. I just came to remind you of the obvious." nice.
Teen, 15 years old Written byidkatall April 9, 2008

Great game

This game is a great free roam. The game play is fun and the super human powers add a special bonus to the game play. The violence is abundent and intense but is not extreme. The cartoon style of the game and the somewhat far off 3rd person view makes it a lot less realistic and intense. I believe this game could have gotten away with a teen rating if the prostitues were not present in the game (you cannot "use" them as in GTA.) The drug content and language also helped it earn it M rating. This game is fun and lets you beat down on the bad guys. Highly reccomend for buying.