Kid reviews for Cuphead

Cuphead Poster Image

If you've got the skills, you're in for thrills!

Let's not beat around the bush. Cuphead is hard. Extremely extremely extremely hard. It will take you hours to complete your first time. I put the game down for a year before actually beating it when I started, and it didn't seem fun. So... what changed? I think what got me started with having fun was playing with a friend. I got together with a good friend of mine, and we tried our best to beat Cagney Carnation. It didn't go well for us at first, but it was still more fun because I was with a friend, and we eventually won. Playing through challenges with a partner was super enjoyable, and I highly recommend it while you're starting out! Eventually though, I got good enough that I could beat things on my own and still enjoy it (the starting mark for that was probably Wally Warbles). I took off through the challenges, facing them with precision and adept movement but still excitement, and I was rewarded with progress! After beating the game, I was even able to beat the bosses in Expert difficulty. This game can be really, REALLY frustrating when you're starting out, but try to stick with it. It's truly a one-of-a-kind gorgeous game that is a product of years of hard work to craft the perfect retro experience for you. Cuphead is a fabulous game, so head on out and play it! You won't regret it.

2 people found this helpful.

Among my favourite games of all time.

Absolutely amazing game, fun retro art style, satisfying sound design, heaps of replay value, and a fun couch co-op mode. The game is brutally hard, but it just makes you want to improve at the game even more, although most children under 10 probably couldn't even pass the tutorial. It has alcohol, smoking, and stuff, but kids probably won't really care and focus on the fun and challenging game they're playing. 10/10
1 person found this helpful.

Hard puzzle game wiht lots of cartoon violence and few scenes with smoking.

I only rated this a 10+ because of the skill and mastery of this game and how hard it is to complete each level, and I feel like anyone under 10, or even 10 to like 11, would struggle with this to the point where they wouldn't be able to even pass the first level, or the tutorial. However, I would say the game is suitable for kids, there are no real bullets or weapons in this game and everything is very cartoony.

1 person found this helpful.

Have a bowl Mr. Squidward

GOOD GAME

SUPER HARD GAME, however, it is a pretty fun challenge trying to complete it. Also there is some us of alcohol and yeah. One of the bosses is a cigar. They also say hell sometimes.

FUN

This game is perfect for older people, but younger children may find the game to challenging, I enjoy the game because of the challenge but a lot of people will go through hours of gameplay just to beat one boss, and you never level up and hardly get stronger, this games cartoony style makes it appropriate because cartoons are not going to be inappropriate, but the devil is involved and cuphead and mugman were gambling at the beginning, I am not going to say that this isn't something that 4 year olds don't already know about, but it is just a silly game

Really fun

Fun, a little adult, hard

It's a fun game, it's really fun, you love it. It has stuff like violence and language that's not really for kids. Oh it's hard. trust me.

Cuphead's biased review

I'm biased to indie, hard, and sandbox-comedic games. Cuphead is a hard, cartoon-esthetic, game took me by surprise when I saw how good it is. It is touchy if your very religious, but has a good message: Though you make mistakes in life, you can avenge your beliefs and fix those mistakes. It also has a lot of levels where you fight in a bar while people drink, but just remember a lot of cartoon characters do get drunk off something. I would recommend if you don't rage often and if you like a long lasting challenge. And for those who don't think the campaign was hard enough, you always have extreme mode. Wich is quite a challenge, pushing your limits to the fullest. -T.P.