All parent member reviews for Darksiders

Adult Written bygeonuts July 19, 2012

Okay For Teens

My 16 year old son has asked for this game and I viewed several game play videos of it on youtube to make a decision. I watched a total of about 30 minutes of play including "Choking Grounds" (a graveyard), riding a griffin, and "Killing Tiamat" (huge dragon/bat boss thing), and general fight scenes. The violence and blood is very stylized, reminded me of World of Warcraft type fighting. This game is not nearly as bad as Skyrim or similar games and there was no foul language or sexuality in the parts I watched. I am fairly fussy about the games I let my boys play and this one is definitely alright for 13 years and up.
Parent Written byTilly T. September 14, 2012

LEARNING

Darksiders Review

Fine. No sex. Very stylized blood. Everything is animated. Trying to bring back humanity.
Adult Written byTom_Gamer_Tom June 8, 2010

Violent but its got non realistic graphics

Darksiders is of course violent. The violence is very high with lots of blood and gore, Decapitations and full of action. But it looks very unrealistic because of the graphics. Ripping demons apart and chopping people in half. Lovely. The sex is only suggestive. This is pretty stupid. Its actually not much of a gory or scary game. It looks moderate. Its not a really good game either.
Adult Written byFantasybuff14 January 26, 2010

I thought the above review was a little misleading. The Demon Boss they refer to is a giant bat with Rocks on its chest that somewhat resemble bosoms. Not Sexual at all.
Parent Written byPlague January 11, 2010

Darksiders

Really fun game! Very easy to master the controls and awesome battle sequences. A great, fun game for everyone 13+.