All parent member reviews for Dead Space 2

Adult Written byFiggy66 February 26, 2011

This is the most violent and gory game i have ever played it is all around messed up there is like 50 different ways for isacc clark to die all including insane amounts of blood and gore i played a part where guy a goes crazy and slits his throat resulting in blood all over the window next to him
Parent Written byMegaTankSlayer June 1, 2012

LEARNING

A Decent Game

While this game can be innapropriate on the language and gore, all that matters is how well you know and trust your kid. if you trust him enough to not use that language then I don't see a big deal, But if your kid says words they don't understand or accedently uses bad language then maybe hold back a year or two, this includes if they get scared easily or not . As long as you trust them it' not going to be a problem and they'll be happy.
Parent Written byduddy199 May 25, 2011

OK for some 12 year olds

This game, while fairly violent, is not really all that bad. You can shoot the limbs off necromorphs, the monsters in the game, but they hardly even look like humans anymore. The cursing only comes up when the main character talks with someone else, which really doesn't come up that much. Overall, this game is ok for some 12-year-olds, and if they played any other game where you fight zombie-like monsters, this will not be much different.
Parent of a 8 and 11 year old Written byBoxbox February 9, 2011

Big fun but also big scares.

Although it is great, it is not a kids game. It has lots of violence, blood, gore, and langauge all displayed in an over the top, distubing enviornment.
Parent Written byPakistanPEGI December 18, 2014

No one under 18

One of the most goriest games in the world extremely scary and has lots of gore. Extreme Violence Strong Language(f--k,f--ker,sh-t,bullsh-t) Lots of Gore
Adult Written byBuck Wheat April 20, 2013

Sex in the game

Occasionally corpse alien women who show 99% of a woman's bare breasts. There are frequently cartoon swimsuit magazines depicting very scantily clad top half of a woman in the game. Towards the end there is a hologram woman in a very form fitting suit that appears wherever you go.
Parent of a 12 year old Written byJackson2013 April 6, 2013

Good for Mature teens or 12 year olds.

I think 12 years old is the minimum age as long as the 12 year old is VERY MATURE. I mean VERY MATURE. If your 12 year old can handle the violence and the startling scares it should be okay. There is not a whole ton of profanity. I think a better age would be 13-14 and up but a mature 12 year old like my own can handle it. He has all 3 games and he is fine.
Adult Written bychristian2011 February 17, 2013

Very scary sci-fi horror survival game with extreme violence / gore and grotesque images. Not for kids at all.

Dead Space 2 is an extremely gory and frightening first person shooter about Issac (main character) that ventures through a dark and eerie spaceship where you see people graphically transform into grotesque and disturbing creatures that resemble parasitic demonic aliens that lunge out at you unexpectedly and kill you if you're not paying enough attention. Also, Issac sees very horrifying images of his deceased girlfriend and the gruesome fatalities the enemies inflict on you (decapitation, disemboweled, dismemberment, cannibalism, stabbed, sliced in half) all shown close on screen. If you're the squeamish type who doesn't like horror and extreme gore, DO NOT get this game.
Parent Written byRun boy run. July 20, 2012

HOLY CRAP, THIS GAME IS FLIPPEN SCARY AND FUN

You can be killed in so many ways, ripped in half, shot, dismembered, decapitated,stabed, impaled, and in one part, where you think" What the heck is wrong with the people who maid this!" If you don't press the right button you get stabbed through the eye a with a shot, and you can be eaten in at least a 1000 diffrent ways.
Adult Written byLewis Woodhall May 27, 2012

AGE RESTRICTIONS!

MAIN REASONS! - Strong Bloody Violence - Gore - Strong Horror OTHER! - Occasional Moderate Language (Two Uses of F**k) - Mild Drug References
Adult Written byJuggernaut93 November 21, 2011

Great game, but it'll make you cringe.

Hey guys, its me again. Today im gonna talk to you about Dead Space 2. This little dandy is fun, but also intensely violent (possibly the most violent game ever). Parents must also keep in mind that this game is meant to scare. Various unpleasant beasties will burst out of vents when you get too close, which while not too scary per se, can give you gray hairs when you arent expecting it. Others will play dead, and few things will increase your blood pressure like walking past a "dead" monster, and it leaping up with a gurgling screech and attempting to tear out your throat. Each and every monster in the game is disturbing in its own special way, from melting you with acidic vomit to turning you into one of them. Perhaps the most graphic violence in the games happens when the player is grabbed by monsters. Many monsters will grab the player, attempting to kill them. The player is prompted to mash a certain button to escape from the monster's grasp. If the player wins, they overpower the beast and kill them in an awesome (though gory) fashion. If, however, the player fails to fend off the creature, it will kill the player with a kill animation of its own. These are invariably gory, and usually involve decapitation or dismemberment. As for the monsters themselves, they are very grotesque, as they take over human corpses and alter them to fit their needs. This could mean 3-foot scythe-like blades on their arms, bio-explosives wired to explode upon death, or long bladed tentacles used to decapitate the player. Though made from human bodies, the alien life forms are often unrecognizable as human. As for language, it is fairly intense, though seldom heard. so be aware of that. There is no sex or nudity that i am aware of, though i have only beaten the game once and havent done any of the optional stuff.
Parent Written byPlague November 7, 2011

Dead Space 2

I loved this game, and I know other adults and teens will too! Its very violent and gruesome, but makes for an excellent guilty pleasure.
Parent Written bythatguy4558 August 1, 2011

awesome game

this game is amazing first off the graphics, story line and multiplayer are awesome. But of course its rated M because its a horror game of course there's gonna be blood and gore when you shoot the necromorphs, what did you expect confetti to come out of there bodies? The language isn't that big of a deal either because 90% of he game your by yourself not talking to anyone, and when you do get to someone they either die, try to kill you, or tell you to go do something to help the escape all together the dialogue in the game is little. Some parents are just over reactive with their children thinking their to young. I personally have the game and played through the game twice and outside the game it doesn't scare me, i don't look behind my back every 10 seconds just to make sure nobodies trying to kill me.
Parent Written byMarkus Summers June 20, 2011

A scary outer space shooter is filled with intense violence and gore, but hides some problem solving and educational undertones.

Out of all the video games I've ever seen, this is the most deserving of the rating "M." The language is an issue, and the violence and action will literally make you want to kill everything that moves at any loud, sudden noise after a few hours of play. I play this game on the computer with my son (going on 13.) We both have experienced the thought I just mentioned, and believe me, it isn't good. My son and I learned to limit our play time, and then it became one of our favorite after school games. He likes to look up the way the "necromorphs" act, what kind of people are used to create them. (sick people make "pukers" pregnant people make "pregnants" and your average Joe becomes a "slasher" just to name a few.) He looks up strategies to kill them, and grasps the whole "strategic dismemberment" concept. I am a little worried about how easily he tears the zombies apart, but he's not experiencing any symptoms of prolonged play that I haven't felt myself, and i find the necromorphs very interesting. Swearing is a huge problem, but ask yourself, if you were alone on a space ship where the entire crew has become zombies, would you swear a lot as well? My son hasn't used any language in front of me, so I'm not too worried. Aside from the violence and swearing, the game is very emotional. My son and I get tense while walking through a dark hallway, scream when something jumps out, get mad as we get betrayed, use problem solving skills and intuitive thinking to get past malfunctioning machinery, and get teary eyed alongside isaac as he awaits his death. We've fallen in love with main characters isaac clarke and Ellie langsford, who display good teamwork and heroism. The bottom line is this game is fine if you limit your playtime.
Adult Written bycrazypyro June 4, 2011

Bloody good fun for everyone!

Allow me to explain my little bubbles of insight. Or whatever they are. Educational: Kids are taught the dangers of the world, and why they should stay inside with mommy and daddy dearest. Unless they know all of the back story...in which mommy and daddy dearest are Unitologists... Positive Messages: Isaac is trying to escape and live. Living is good. Surviving is good. You people are so stuck on the gore you miss the rest of it. Role Models: Well, there's only a few characters in the game. Isacc, the hero. The bloodthirsty necromorphs trying to murder everyone. And the a-hole humans trying to control the necromorphs. Give you a clue, one is a role model, the other is a nightmare, and the third is a metaphor to human meddling Violence: Keyword here is excessive. You think it's dead, you rough it up a bit, just to make sure. Better than it coming back after you. And stabbing? What game was the reviewer playing? I wish you could stab, but you can't. Sex: I gotta laugh at this one. Sex, seriously? Maybe if Nicole wasn't dead. (That's Isaac's girlfriend...killed in game 1) Language: Ok, what would you say if a twelve foot monster impales the guy you were just talking to, throws him to the ground, and starts coming after you? Dearie me? Product Placement: Every Dead Space piece of purchasable merchandise can be found! The plasma cutter, the space suit, they even have places to buy things! Those corporate scumbags!!! Drugs: Last time I checked, a medpack isn't a drug. Just like a band-aid Safety: Actually, kind of. I played this game, and later that night I didn't feel super safe.
Adult Written byXboxrules360 February 23, 2011

I love the game but its very bloody, very scary,and uses a lot of mature language.
Parent of a 12 year old Written byHedgieguy11 January 25, 2011

FREAKING SCARY

Lots of blood, and decapitations, but infrequent. Mostly, you are having visions, very scary noises and exploration.