All teen and kid member reviews for Dead Space

Kid, 11 years old July 7, 2011

DO NOT BUY THIS GAME FOR KIDS!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am being seriouse: DO NOT BUY CHILDREN THIS GAME!!! This game is meant to give you nightmares and heart attacks. Storyline is the ship the Ishimura loses there signal so Issac Clarke is sent to find out what happened. When he arrives all the crew is dead and mutilated. Issac soon learns this is happening from an insane bread of space zombies he then has to try and survive the insane monsters. Again this game is really NOT for kids the violence, blood and gore are everywhere along with swears. Keep away from kids. But if you'r of age and like survival / Horrers and violence with a lot of frightning scenes you may like this game. But keep away from kids!!!!
Teen, 13 years old Written bytomdabomb December 31, 2010
Children aren't as scared of gore as much these days. All it is, is looking at the inside of the human body. The only reason a 13 year old shouldn't play this is because its to scary, not to gory. This game is a true master piece or EA's part because this game is pretty scary! The atmosphere is very intense and there are a lot of jump moments and sometimes your scared to look around the corner dreading what monster will be there. A mature 13 year old could play this game.
Kid, 12 years old October 24, 2014

Violently Amazing Game

This game is very scary, even for first timers, and that includes tons of violence, mostly coming from the enemys of the game (Necromorphs). This game can also get difficult as you progress.
Kid, 12 years old July 1, 2011

WARRING IF YOU FAINT WHEN YOU SEE BLOOD DO NOT PLAY THIS GAME

Hello parents and kids i am playing dead space right now at it is a great bloody and gory game the game is a little too voilent at some parts example 1: you walk into a room and see a woman cutting up a dead alien with a knife she laughs crazily and then slices her neck with it. Example 2: you walk past a line of hospital beds and see a woman crying over her friends dead body the body is full of blood and body parts (most likely hers) and the woman wont stop crying it dosen't sound so bad but it is preety intense. Example 3: one of the aliens in this game is stuck to the wall he has blood dripping from his mouth and a round bloody stomach and he shoots out bloody small aliens that you have to kill. these are just few of the many voilent events in this game i haven't beat the game yet so there is probaly many more to come but it is great game and you no matter what your age should try it
Teen, 14 years old Written bydoddseman2 January 18, 2009

awsom but gory

i think that only adults and matuer teens should play this ive playd it but my parents told me if i copy the languadg the game is goin to the garbadg but i love this game but it is varry varry gory bloody graphic ect.
Teen, 16 years old Written bybethroxy November 24, 2010

A great game for older gamers

This is an extremely fun game, however it is quite scary for the first few chapters. You will be constantly paranoid as you turn a corner or enter a new room. The disturbing imagery and creepy atmosphere make it not suitable for kids. Many times the player is confronted with unnerving stimulus. For example, a transmission is heard by the player during which a man cuts off his limbs to avoid turning into a monster when he dies. Another example is when you see a woman laughing histerically, her corpse next to her. Multiply these examples by 100 and you will start to get an example of just how insane this game is. However, despite the violence, this game is quite good. The storyline is rather deep, and the gameplay provides the good kind of challenge. I would recommend this for older teens or adults. I felt the game was a little mature for me though. I guess it depends on how used to this kind of games you are, and how mature you are as an individual.
Kid, 10 years old April 2, 2010

heart pounding

ok just have to say i almost fainted
Teen, 16 years old Written byMichael Ryan Metzger March 2, 2016

Dead Space-Good Survival horror game, but awfuly gory

Dead Space is a survival horror game that made by Visceral Games in 2008. In the game, you play as Isaac Clarke, a systems engineer on a hovercraft called the "USG Kellion". The storyline practically takes place on a ship called the "USG Ishimura", and Isaac is sent with a group of officers who pilot the Kellion to attend a planet crack, but they arrive only to discover strange happenings on the Ishimura. Once Isaac and the others arrive on the ship from crash landing, they discover that the ship is almost completely abandoned...besides the horrific monsters that lurk in darkness, killing every living thing in sight. So Isaac must fight for his life in order to save his girlfriend, the crew, and the entire human race. Dead Space has a good storyline and good massages, such as bravery, love, and freedom. However, the game is extremely scary and brutal. Monsters can be shot, blown up, stomped on, or killed with their own body parts. Humans will often be impaled, decapitated, disemboweled, or torn apart by necromorphs throughout the game. Jumpscares are rather frequent, and foul language such as f**k, sh*t, bas***d, and b*tch are used. No sexual content is ever displayed in the game though. The game is not just violence. Puzzles and other types of missions are required the continue on in the game, such as gathering important items or solving computer codes, or catching up fast moving machines or survivors. Adults and teens who love horror games will enjoy this one, but NOT FOR YOUNG CHILDREN. EXTREME GORE, VIOLENCE, LAUNGUAGE, AND FRIGHT ARE AT RISK OF INOCCENT EYES AND EARS.
Teen, 14 years old Written byGameing 46857 January 14, 2016

It's fun

It's grotesque I'm not going to lie I as a ten year old played this if your child can handle the gore I say go right ahead. It's a good game to and it's easy to pick up and play.
Teen, 13 years old Written byyoulouzer26 March 22, 2015

GORE!

Fun scary and GORY!
Teen, 13 years old Written byscarbt02 March 19, 2015

seriously scary

This is a fantastic game, so fun. But it is also one of the scariest and goriest games ever made. I am yet to find a top ten scariest ever video games list without including this.This is the one game that common sense media got the age rating right on, and I am only 13, and really shouldn't be playing it.
Teen, 13 years old Written byDarksouls444 September 11, 2014

The best horror game since forever

Ive play resident evil and silent hill but DEAD SPACE! is possibly the best I have seen it has gore (like a horror movie) and scary it has jump scares but they happen real quick and its not like all in your face screaming at the top of there lungs type of jump scares they pop out of nowhere and surprise you its a really good game I think a 12 year old can handle it.
Kid, 9 years old May 12, 2014

gore, extreme violence and bad language

These are some of main features of dead space. I will admit it's not as bad as the sequels, but it still allows dismemberment, kicking human/alien body parts around the floor and stomping on corpses. This game also has a VERY scary atmosphere, and there is frequent profanity. DO NOT BUY THIS FOR YOUR KIDS!
Kid, 11 years old December 13, 2013

I SCREMED LIKE A GIRL

I say that dead space is the most scaiest games of its time i have and i scream my balls off when i saw the regeration necromorph that thing is creepy
Kid, 10 years old October 5, 2013

Bloody and graphic

Very graphic and bloody lots of jumpscares parents if your kids can not handle scares don't get this game
Teen, 15 years old Written byGaborn2233 March 28, 2013

Gory trash, or lesson learner?

I, believe this was a fun game, I enjoyed the whole experience, and I would recommend it for anyone that YOU (as the parent) would believe it is for. I'm not going to say what age you should be, but I will make an average of 13. This game features graphic moments of death and obligatory moments, but that doesn't mean that this game is going to make your child/children want to go and kill each other, because Issac's Clarke's enemies are all dead, and he does not want to kill them, but he just wants to find his girlfriend and get off of the ship, and he does almost anything to save his beloved girlfriend, (Morales parents, RIGHT HERE) There are some moments of betrayal though, so I'm not saying this is a politically correct game at all. It is very gory, and there is some foul language used, but nothing too drastic often. This game was fun, but you as the parent (taking the information I just gave you) to decide whether or not this is good for your child/children.
Teen, 13 years old Written byxboxteenwatcher August 29, 2012

dead space to sacry?

Ok i think this game is going to be good meanig i have not played it but going to buy it cuase i want a really good third person shooter like gears of war but more violent. Ok the game is a horror game lets get that past. So get ready for extreme gore blood and some harsh language. Look their being attacked by aliens or infected people. So this game has eally good graphics which means they are gonna look real so your in for a scare. So mature players like me is 13 and up. I cant wait untill dead space 3.
Teen, 13 years old Written byNathan.Virnoche May 4, 2012

Dead Space

The game is a dark, violent atmosphere all around. The game should not be played by anyone under 12. 13-17 will be fine, IF, AND ONLY IF, THEY ARE USED TO HORROR CREATURE VIOLENCE! THIS GAME IS NOT FOR THE WEAK STOMACH AND/OR EASILY SCARED!
Teen, 13 years old Written byhelpfuladvice March 4, 2012

Incredibly fun but violent

I am a thirteen year old kid who owns this game and it is extremely violent and gory. The language isn't all bad with a few f-bombs here and there but not like joe pesci. If you don't want your kids to play intensely violent games and get scared out of their mind don't let them play this game. But if violence isn't an issue for you, this game should be fine.
Teen, 13 years old Written byJinxIsMeJ December 20, 2011

Can I get a G-O-R-E? Now how about a S-U-S-P-E-N-S-E?

Holy god. Dead Space is THE MOST gory game ever!! But I love gore, so it doesn't bother me. Here is an example. In order to kill these super creepy looking aliens, you must first cut off their limbs to slow them down, THEN go for the head. You can find very bloody corpses of your fellow humans laying around spontaneously, and can foot stomp their heads off if you wanted to. The blood SQUIRTS everywhere, and you can see (although not detailed) intestines wiggling from a freshly amputated leg or arm. Okay. Gore description finished. The thing that I don't like about it however is how darn suspenseful this game is. That is the one thing I can't handle and is the reason I refuse to watch certain movies. There is no music to let you know when an alien is going to pop out of a vent, but if you have the volume up enough you may be able to hear the noise of the metal. Just beware of the vents. Oh, and of alien corpses that you come across (meaning if you did not kill them and you find them). Good game play, good story, amazing amounts of gore, lots of suspense. Really good horror game NOT for children.