Parent reviews for Defiance

MMO companion to Syfy TV show focuses on bloody shooting.

Parent of a 14 year old Written byOldiesJam65 April 10, 2013

Read Simple review

This game is obviously violent but okay for any kid who has been exposed to videogames before, I don't quite understand it but it seems to be a quality game.

Parent Written bykeith7198 September 19, 2013

"Defiance" wears thin quick

"Defiance" is a companion game that goes along with the SciFy channel's recent television series. It's a free MMO that has a lot going for it. Unfortunately it loses itself in repetitive gameplay, a flat story, and some annoying content. It's a shame. It does several things right but you grow tired of them rather fast. CONTENT SUMMARY: I haven't watched much of the "Defiance" television show but it's safe to say that this game strays from it considerably. The most notable objection in terms of content is the profanity. It's very heavy with several characters constantly filling lines with choice words that you won't find on the TV series. It's certainly nothing I would want my child to listen to. The only other concern is the violence. There is a lot of gunplay that is divided between aliens and human bandits. But while there are a lot of instances of shooting and vehicular killing, it's certainly not horrible or disturbing. In fact it's easily tolerable. Also beware that this is an MMO so you or your children can easily run across other players. "Defiance" is a classic example of a game that could have easily been suitable for most audiences. But the developer's insistance on forcing profanity into the dialogue just squashes that.

Drinking, drugs & smoking
Parent of a 10 year old Written bydarrel barns February 20, 2014

blood dosent splatter

the people who play this game are playing in third person,so there is hardly any time to just watch the blood.Also the blood does not look real.I also dont understand people saying they curse a lot are you crazy, they say stuff like shatik and scrap.There is violence but nobody ever suffers.The game is always being updated and fixed, adding new stuff like maps and things to do. you wont get board quickly and because it is an MMO you can play with friends and have a great time.And also the game dapts to what you do so you can be nice or evil

Parent of a 10 and 11 year old Written bypro review man February 20, 2014