Kid reviews for Destiny 2

Online shooter promotes social play, has violent combat.

Teen, 17 years old Written bySono Sugoi N. September 10, 2017

Better than the original!

Although D2 has only been out for 5 days by now, it is amazing. The campaign is very fun, there is so much to do. The violence just consists of non-gory headshots, the main villan chokes two characters near the end, some black blood from the enemies. The language consists of a few d--ns, a few h--ls, and a couple a---oles. There is no sexual content at all, and the drinking content is limited to one of the characters holding a glass with beer in it. Anyway, this is a good game, even if you didn't play the first Destiny.

Kid, 12 years old September 8, 2017

best game ever

first of all this game is really awesome but sometime it gets violent there also was one use of a-hole but it is not that bad it is a PG call of duty. you are a guardian how helps people and it is really good can not stress it anymore then I am now.

Teen, 13 years old Written bycbh04 September 10, 2017

A lot better than the original Destiny!!

Ok so yes, there is a lot of violence but it is aimed at aliens, there is almost no blood at all and the alien blood is black or white, the cursing is minimal and if your child is in middle school then they already know all the bad words. The consumerism is futuristic code and you can't trade with other people playing the game. If you are worried about your child talking to other people, than don't worry anymore because they can't.

Teen, 15 years old Written byEnglishPenguin December 27, 2017

Fun game with suburb mechanics, but some big issues.

Destiny 2 is a fun game, no doubt about that. Bungie has, yet again, created a polished FPS sci-f extravaganza with some of the best mechanics out there. Why only three stars? I'll get to that later. Additionally, like Bungie's most famous series, Halo, Destiny 2 offers a great, toned down alternative to game like Call of Duty and Battlefield. The game still poses some issues however, so it's best to mention them. VIOLENCE 3/5- Number one problem here. If you've played the original, except exactly the same action and reaction as the first. The game centers entirely around blowing away evil space aliens, albeit with Star Wars levels of gore (so, none). The player can use a huge variety of weapons, from your bread and butter assault rifles, grenades, and swords, to more exotic means in the form of special abilities (mostly of the sci-fi/magic type). Enemies when shot simply crumple to the ground with some creepy alien noises, and dissapear, no blood. However, when a player hits a precision shot (head shot), enemies heads can, "burst" and a spray of something that looks a bit like colored blood. The sequence is highly unrealistic, though, and does not pose much of a concern. In the end, except to shoot hundreds of identical baddies, but experience no graphic content. PROFANITY 1/5- Literally the only other concern, and a tiny one at that. During cut scenes charterer can very rarely hear a few PG level swear words. That's it. Unless you venture into online voice chat, which brings up my next point.. REVIEW- As fun as Destiny is, it can only be truly appreciated if you, either, have six friends that play it, or are cool/allowed to meet up with random players online (using voice chat). Why? Well, eventually you run out of stuff to do, and all that work you put into getting some virtual prestige seems kinda pointless if your not going to hook up with others and beat the games famous end game content (massive missions called Raids and Strikes), There is no matchmaking, so players have to actually find and invite a certain number (3-6) of other players to have any chance, and we all know how enjoyable it is to get sworn at by strangers over the internet. Yeah! (Also, parental concerns on the previous subject). So, for the solo player, this game may not be for you. Despite all the fun Destiny 2 initially holds, eventually the whole experience seems a bit shallow.
Teen, 13 years old Written byCJSkywalker September 17, 2017

It's fun

If you want to get this for a younger kid than you can unless you don't like swearing. I got the original game when I was 10 so unless you don't like swearing than go ahead and get it

Teen, 13 years old Written byms1721 September 10, 2017

The perfect alternative to M games.

Ever since the release of Destiny in 2014, the players have grown and the popularity has increased. However, the lack of a good story left players online in the crucible. Now, destiny has come back better than ever. You'll find yourself balanced between the story, the engaging multiplayer, and the deep exploration of many planets. Violence is the same as it was in the first game, with less blood but more realistic weapons. It has the military feel to it, which is great for parents who want their kids to avoid Battlefield and CoD. It's a great game for all players to try out, whether you're a fps fan or not. Good luck Guardians!

Teen, 15 years old Written byFurggus September 11, 2017

Great fun that isn’t to severe

Kid, 12 years old October 21, 2017

A Good Game

You Guys like MMO? and RP ? Then the game is for you Not a really gory If you want a good game that a combo between RP And fps - go to purchase ! But i think in the voice chat could be some swearing (you can turn off it)

Privacy & Safety
Teen, 13 years old Written byEpisode2gaming January 14, 2018

Depends on the kid

I recently bought this game for PS4. After the first few levels, I can see why parents are concerned about violence. It is very intense, even at first. But it presents a nice challenge. It’s a violent game, but I haven’t heard any cussing so far. It isn’t as graphic as some other shooters some kids at school have- Battlefield and CoD come to mind- and it is unrealistic. But the kid needs to be able to handle the violence. I would not recommend for under 13. It is pretty intense but unrealistic. Also, a warning= A headset allows for online chat (I think, I don’t do chat due to the fact that most games have “toxic players” who ruin the game for everyone with chat with cussing, etc. I do think that this game has good role models-and let me explain. You are fighting for good. You are trying to save your civilization. This makes the Allies in WWII come to mind. You are not killing just for fun like in Battle Royale games or Team Deathmatch games (other than Star Wars Battlefront 2, a battle between good and evil.) This is a good compromise if your teen is asking for M-Rated FPS like CoD, etc. Maybe a little violent for parents, but not graphic and without much swearing. I think that sums it up. Also- beware of Expansion Packs. (Aka Destiny 2 Season Pass) This is extra DLC. You buy extra parts of the story. And the game supports exchange with currency bought with real money. And it’s very complicated at first with little help. (Requires PS Plus)

Privacy & Safety
Kid, 10 years old January 11, 2018

Fun game

Teen, 15 years old Written byDaddycayde6 January 10, 2018

Best Game- Would recommend for ages 14/15+

This game has an amazing story line that almost anyone would get in into. I play on the Xbox and is relatively hard which is part of my rating. (Im a PC gamer). In terms in graphics it has mild blood with you shoot but when when a person or monster dies they fall down realistically but they just pop out if existence. There is an online chat system but you do not need to use it to complete the game. Although it is there if you want it or want to play with some friends. Over all it's an amazing game that isn't very graphically intense. If you are a parent that is worried about this game being to violent. Do not worry, this game is very well made with an amazing story line with amazing cutscenes. With the age I have recommended, your child should look past the violence.

Teen, 15 years old Written byBugpizza December 20, 2017

Good game and not deserving of a pegi 16

I have played a lot of fps games in my life and this is one of the most tame. The is little to no bad language(in 'the curse of osiris' expansion the s word is implied but the character saying it is cut off) It isn't to violent in terms of fps games. If you are close to death then the border of the screen will become a bit bloody but that can be avoided by playing as a robot where the blood is replaced with oil. When enemies are killed they mostly fall over like a ragdoll but specific races of enemies like the vex(enemy robots) have cores of white electric liquid in replacement for the head shot. If killed there then the cores will explode. Another enemy wears a gas pack which explodes when shot. The game is always online so keep an eye on your child when playing and be with your child when they do the first few missions on titan as they are quite creepy and could scare young kids.

Teen, 16 years old Written byGTW2390 December 3, 2017

Great game

The game is very detailed and you get to customize your character however you want... it's a little glitchy though. But it sends out positive messages with great and sometimes hilarious role models. But it is a shooting and stabbing like game so in my opinion it's very violent, though most of the weapons are unrealistic and there's very little blood. The of the death sense are replaced with steam/smoke/explosions, electricity, ashes/dust, but when your dying blood comes up on your screen. I love how they don't sexualize women as much as other games that I won't mention. This is some swearing in it that I find little offensive, but if you do voice chat you may find some people like that. I haven't seen any drinking (except for in one of they're commercials on YouTube and it wasn't like he was drunk it was small), drugs, and smoking. There shouldn't be too many concerns about privacy, I know on the PS4 if you talk about your personal life(full name, age, address, work/school, contact, characteristics of yourself) on you profile then your privacy is gone. Overall I would say it's a game for teens, because my little brother he game too (because he's nosie) and he too mature and not in the best ways. It make him more dark humorous in a obtuse way, but he's still my brother and I still love him. Plus I'm what my Mom calls "Minny Mommy." XD LOL

Teen, 13 years old Written byIm young-not dumb March 6, 2018

Destiny 2 is my favorite game.

I love this game so much, it is the only thing I get to do during the week that is fun. I would say that this game is the only reason I am not depressed. I would find no value in life if I never got to do anything fun, and this game is a blast. Cayde-6 is a wonderful role model who guides your character throughout the game. I would recommend this game to anyone. Appropriate for people age 11+

Kid, 8 years old March 3, 2018

It’s awesome

It nothing but a little violent but awesome and just the littlest cussing!

Teen, 13 years old Written byLongdogxz January 14, 2018

RATING IS DRAMATIC!!

I’m a 12 year old boy and Destiny 2 is not a 16+ in any way It has no swearing nor sex and nor drugs The visual you get is dimmer then other games

Teen, 17 years old Written byLe_Gaztons January 7, 2018

Bland, micro-transaction ridden version of the original with a new story line? Disappointing.

This game is fun for your kids, but after a few months, they will ask for $25 for the DLC if they find the game fun. Then wait another few months, another $25, then maybe the developer will throw out a wild-card, and ask $35 or even $40 for an even bigger DLC! Fun! Pay more for bland, meager amounts of content thrown out for people to knaw on while money is being made. Don't fall for this crap parents. If you have the money though, go for it. Kid friendly game, with most violence against aliens trying to take over Earth and a few other planets. No blood or gore really, and controls are very easy. Bungie has declined. Please do not waste money.

Teen, 15 years old Written byTheLostSkies January 2, 2018

Much better than the original

Destiny 2 is the sequel to the extremely popular game Destiny. The campaign in Destiny 2 is told much better than in the original. The multiplayer has also been improved to be more tactical. Sure the game ha guns, but none of them look like real weapons and most of the time your enemies are aliens, unless you play multiplayer, in which sometimes a person's character is a human, but you can't even tell because everyone has futuristic helmets on! there is no human blood, however the species called "The Hive" can drop some grey particles on they ground but that's it

Kid, 11 years old March 28, 2018
It's a really great game and it's more like 7+

Kid, 12 years old February 16, 2018

"Destiny 2"

This Game Is if starwars had guns and hunter and a titan its really awesome and have some messages of hope in the story but the eververse is a huge money waster i must say