All parent member reviews for Diablo III (Console versions)

Parent Written byjim madison September 28, 2013

diablo 3 is OK

My 12 year old son has diablo 3 and they say blood and body parts flying every where but it is not to bad. there is no sex. It is basically skyrim but birds eye few and maybe a little more gory. but for the young ones it may be a little violent.
Parent Written bykeith7198 September 19, 2013

Brilliant Console Version

Diablo is a title that PC gamers know well. Now after three games the series makes its way to the consoles and what a tremendous game it is. Blizzard Entertainment has crafted an amazing console experience with fluid controls and an attractive interface. It's addictive combat system and clever leveling and loot mechanics will keep you playing well after your first run through. I love it. CONTENT SUMMARY: First off Diablo 3 is a violent game. It features a top down viewpoint which does distance the player from some of the violence. But make no mistake, there is quite a bit of blood mainly seen spewing from the bigger bosses. Trails of blood and occasionally dead bodies are also seen on a few of the levels - the aftermath of actions that took place before you arrive. On one level it really isn't as graphic as many other games. But it is there to the point where it deserves its "M" rating. There is no sex of any consequence in the game either spoken or depicted. A few comments are made from a small side character about his promiscuous past and numerous wives. But that's all. The profanity is also very minor. Only a smattering of minor language. You could count the words on one hand. Now it should be mentioned that the game does deal with demons and angels from fictionalized versions of heaven and hell. This is never tied to anything biblical. It's purely fictional but it may be of concern to some parents.
Parent of an infant, 9, and 11 year old Written byMike-Constantine September 3, 2015

Great game for learning decision making & team work.

Let's get a few things across, I don't believe the game is 'very' gorey, I also disagree with the rating the game received. I don't believe this game is too adult, even for small kids. That being said, let's get a few points across. It IS bloody. There IS some gore. There IS some language. There IS some slight biblical elements. (emphasis on slight) It CAN be disturbing. But to that point. Is the gore graphic? No, it's there, but it's not realistic or even very detailed. Is the language intense? Not really, mostly damn and hell. Is the game sacrilegious? The game clearly has some inspiration, but it doesn't mock or mimic anything from the bible. Is it frightening? Not in my opinion. Diablo 2 is not a game I'd of wanted a small kid to play, the 2D graphics managed to pull off some fairly realistic and disturbing looking gore and creatures, but 3D has not kept the horror nature of the diablo series very well. Diablo 3 is all about the action. My kids have never even pointed out any of the few true disturbing parts of the game, in some cases it went over their heads. (Like a guy asking you to meet his wife after saving him, only to find out he's delusional and his wife is a skeleton). It's a game where the kids are less interested in the environment and more interested in how to play, how to beat the bad guys efficiently, what skills to use, how to beat the bosses. I considered keeping Diablo away from them for the reason that it might be too adult, but I have never seen my kids get along better than when they play Diablo. My 11 and 9 year old have no clue how to work together, but when they play Diablo 3 that all changes. They'll help each other figure out the menu, give each other advice on gear and actually make strategies how they should proceed in the game. They make sure to share gear that the other could use, they WANT to play with each other and not alone. It's a game that encourages and rewards teamwork very well. I think most people would think they're a bit young for the game, but the way it has helped their relationship as siblings has made it our family's favorite game to play on game night.
Parent of a 3, 3, and 5 year old Written byjonallypugliese1023 November 1, 2013

Diablo is awesome

I'm a huge fan of the Diablo games would play it with my kids when they got older