All teen and kid member reviews for Diablo III

Kid, 9 years old June 18, 2012

Diablo III

Diablo 3 is a good game for learning because if you didnt now Diablo Is Spanish For The Devil . and diablo is made of peoples Anger. and there is a Part of the game that is called Whimshyre that is lie Ponyland and is very disturbing for girls including you kill ponies and teddy bears. FINAL GRADE: A +
Teen, 13 years old Written byChallos-Andrew July 17, 2012

Parents, just look at this.

Ahem. I'm a thirteen year old kid who had a problem, I could not play M-games. And while honestly it isn't that big of a problem it is an annoying one. I needed a way to convince my parents to let me play this game. Honestly, there IS blood and there is language, however, the language is not a big part of the game and I have never heard an NPC curse even once (it's the other players that are the problem) and there's only an extreme amount of blood on the secret pony level (and I mean really? Ban your kid from a game because there's lot's of blood coming out of ponies?). So to sum it up, the only problem is blood and there's not a whole lot of it.
Kid, 10 years old June 19, 2012

They messed up on this rating

This game should be rated teen,i mean just look at the contents,blood and gore and violence.This game is great for 8+,If they arent scared easily.This has to be a record for dumbest rating,so if you moms are thingkin about leting your kid get this game,if they can handle some blood and like the vilonce let them get this game.
Teen, 14 years old Written byLukeTheGreat May 22, 2012

Not quite as bad as it could be, but still violent.

This is possibly the most highly anticipated game in history, so it's understandable that concerns may be raised about its quality. Thankfully, it manages to live up to all these expectations, delivering an exhilarating experience that will keep one playing for hours and hours on end. That said, the game is very, very violent. It features multiple ways of killing enemies, most of them involving quite a bit of blood. However, it's nowhere near the level of games like Grand Theft Auto or MadWorld. I believe that most people ages 15 and up will be able to appreciate this game, but that parents should definitely screen it to see if it's right for their child if he's under that age.
Kid, 11 years old September 22, 2013

DEPENDS

it depends on how mature your child is
Teen, 17 years old Written bysamiam1234 December 5, 2013

just because......

It should be 12 and up Just Because: There is a lot of gore when you kill or slice in half or blow up the monsters.
Teen, 15 years old Written byclassy_creeper October 5, 2014

Should be rated "Teen"

After playing for a few short hours with my friend, I simply could not understand it's "M" rating. The blood and gore exists, but the bird's eye view from which you play the game makes it nearly impossible to make out. Until I literally got within about 10 centimeters of the screen I had no idea it any blood came from the enemies, which fade away seconds after their defeat. Some of the female characters are dressed in slightly skimpy outfits but this is only viewed in the inventory for very brief moments of time. The game itself is very entertaining, and I feel the rating should be "teen".
Teen, 14 years old Written byTheMaster389 May 30, 2012

I think it's fine

I think this is fine, because there is not as much blood and gore in view as you would think.
Teen, 15 years old Written byTimeMasterNix January 10, 2016
LEARNING

Great game--but time sucking vortex

I will start by saying that I have played a lot of this game. I have played about 80 hours over the past year or so, and I have periodically gotten bored of it and quit, but I always end up coming back. It is really fun and engaging, and there is a nice community if you use the chat rooms/multiplayer. It also is quite violent. The violence is on par with other M-rated titles like Call of Duty and Fallout, but it is zoomed out a lot, so it is not quite as personal as first person shooters. It is also surprisingly not sexual. Most developers tailor to the main demographic of games (men) by adding lots of scantily clad female characters to their games. I don't mind the sexuality as much as I mind the fact that it is a blatantly shallow and stupid way to advertise your game. This game is different. You can play as a female character, and the most sexual thing about it is that you start in typical raggedy cloth armor like everyone else. BUT: The main thing to be advised about this game isn't the violence; it's the commitment. It is a very hardcore game that wants you to spend hours upon hours grinding for equipment. The story is pretty lackluster, and you finish it in a matter of a few hours and move on to the real "meat" of the game: replaying various quests and areas over and over to find better items. Also, Blizzard's parental control system doesn't apply to this. (Probably because it is an M-rated game) so you can't put hard time-limits on it. I can see the game being very addictive for some people who just want to grind for one more piece of armor or a little more experience, so both parents and teens be warned. It also becomes very difficult to progress quickly unless you buy the Reaper of Souls expansion, which includes new items and a new game mode which really helps with expanding your character and moving up the leaderboards.
Teen, 13 years old Written byTristanJohannes June 13, 2015

Incredible game for teenagers!

This game is great for teenagers but you have to judge how mature your child is and how they deal with it. The game has a lot of violence (Fantasy) but a lot of people in this age group should be able to be fine with it. You run through heaven and hell battling demons to save the world. It does have quite a bit of gore.
Teen, 14 years old Written byTheXboxOracle February 11, 2015
LEARNING

Diablo 3 is a great choice!

Diablo 3 is a moderately gory hack and slash RPG. I have played the free demo on PC, and while the blood is there, I don't think it should be a deciding factor. Diablo is also a good game for teamwork, as a parent could sit down with a child on console and play with their kid without feeling awkward. The violence is always against fantastical creatures that are explained as life threatening to the remaining living of Tristram. The Game deserves much more credit from parents than it receives. In conclusion, this game is a good challenge for 11-14, while people like me who are older can enjoy optimizing our characters, gaining rare loot, and living in the land of the Hackers and the Slashers.
Teen, 13 years old Written byPetercat April 8, 2016

Not too violent

Although Diablo 111 is a great game, expect some monsters ( which may be disturbing for kids who do not like monsters ) and some gore. ( which is not the worst, some dead monsters/soldiers are shown ) The game is played from top view, not first person, so it is less violent. The game is pretty easy to play too, it is REALLY fun.
Teen, 13 years old Written byAiden123213 March 25, 2016

Diablo 3

Diablo 3 is almost a perfect game the balance between sex violence acohal deamons and other stuff is perfect. There is murdering of hundreds of cultists but whatever they started it. I've been playing for about a year and it's pretty addicting. So if you have a ton of stuff to do don't buy this game you need time to enjoy the game. Also if you have the chance you should buy the reaper of souls expansion it's super awesome it adds hundreds of hours of extra game play its not required witch is good.