Kid reviews for DIRT 5

DIRT 5 Poster Image

No reviews yet.

Add your rating

One of the most exhilarating rally games of the past few years!

I like to consider myself a racing game veteran. I've played them before I started nursery. So when the new DiRT 5 came out on game pass, I had to try it. I played it on PC for this review, so your experience may differ depending on platforms. First off, let me just talk about the driving. The cars just handle so well, especially in IceBreaker and I found myself playing for ages in spite of its horrible progression. Since we're on the topic of progression, it's very boring. You just complete races, then more races, then even more. They didn't even attempt to try out something fun with the progression systems. The finale was the same, the throwdowns are the same as regular races, it's just meh. But the driving saved it. Each race still feels fun despite this! The last thing I want to talk about is the DLC. For a game this new 2 content packs already does slightly worry me, and for how expensive they are I just don't like it. DLCs are required to 100% this game on achievements, but achievements aren't the problem! Despite all the negatives, let me just say that this game is brilliant. It even attempted somewhat of a story (though no offense, not very good) and narrated by Donut Media?! Really good pacing to this career despite well, progression. That's pretty much it. I loved the game, it's amazing and don't let my review put you down as if you are a big racing game fan like me, you will most likely see this through to the end regardless. The races are just that good.

A proper DiRT 3 sequel

DiRT 5 is a nod back to DiRT 2 & 3. Although ditching regular Rally, it brings a variety of track racing and some point-to-point racing. Violence is very minor. Vehicles get mildly damaged and crashes are unrealistic. Bad language in the form of lyrics.

fun game to play online but by yourself it can get boring fast

the game is great to play with friends but by yourself is less entertaining. the physics can be arcadey or sim. i would say you can chose either of these and it will stilll feel like an arcade racer. the graphics are decent but look much better on my ps5 than xbox series x. my xbox series x usually drops by 40 frames on 120 fps mode whereas my ps5 runs at a perfect 120 fps.

Good game, terrible age rating

How on earth did this game get rated 10 and up. It has no blood, no death is shown upon crashing, and no language, except for maybe online but I have not heard anyone swear yet so it’s fine. Even in CSM’s own review, they state this, but they include consumerism which is what I believe led them to rate it 10 and up, but that’s still dumb because the only consumerism is from cars and child is able to buy a car obviously.