Kid reviews for Doki Doki Literature Club Plus!

Doki Doki Literature Club Plus! Poster Image

Good for mature tweens.

If you want your mature child to be more educated on subjects like Suicide, Depression and Self-Harm, I think DDLC is good. It teaches the player to do the right thing and don’t ignore people because you don’t know what’s going on. The only s*dual thing about it is Sayori says she wants larger breasts and Natsuki insults Yuris breasts, but they are apart of growing up for girls. Only like 2 f bombs, you can just ignore them if you are uncomfy with it. I’d say ages 11+ can play.

3 people found this helpful.

If your child says they can handle it, they probably can.

Personally I played this game and I’ve been in the fandom for 2 years, so obviously I really enjoyed it and would totally recommend it to others. *SPOILERS FOR THE ACT 2 OF THE GAME AND OTHER ACTS* It involves murders by hanging, stabbing and neck snapping but the only one that shows gore is the knife death, which is just a few drops splattered and red around the wound but it is a physiological horror so what did you expect? The game also messes with the files to make it more interactive and if your child has difficulty solving it a quick Google search will do the trick. I had to constantly beg my mom to allow for permission to get it in my computer and it was worth it 100%. For any parents reading this in fear that their child may get scared, believe me. There are only mild jump scares when the game starts to go corrupt and the only thing that would shake them is the uneasiness of suspense and not knowing Monikas or the others next move. Yet again I grew up on stuff that was frowned upon as too mature for me (e.g yandere simulator, fnaf, baldis basics) and none scarred or scared me but that’s just my character. If your child says that they can handle the game or even reads you this review, the odds are that they definitely can.
2 people found this helpful.
Goofy ah game 🧍🏻‍♀️
1 person found this helpful.
The main game has a lot of suicide, self-harm, gore and language in the second act, but I think the side stories are more family friendly because of the messages and problems that the characters face.

very safe for all kids! I said all kids.

Extreme horror and suicide themes

This game is not for young children. It deeply affected me when I played it when I was younger. But for teens who love extreme horror, this game is great. Even though I don't have any problem with suicide, violence, obsession etc Im freaked out the moment I see some creepy images or Sayori's body.

One of the best games I’ve ever played

Firstly, I think you guys are overreacting a little bit. Sure, it’s scary, but that’s what it’s supposed to be. It’s a psychological horror game. I’d say mature 13 year olds can play this game as long as they listen to the warnings the game puts out for them. DDLC+ and the original DDLC don’t have too many differences, DDLC+ just has some extra side stories that are pretty cute and a couple more rare screens I think, so you could go for either. This game is absolutely amazing. If you suffer from anxiety or depression, it’s not the game for you, but if not, this game is awesome. It’s one of the best horror games I’ve ever played, it’s right up there with OMORI (I don’t think it’s on common sense media, so check it out elsewhere!). There are some graphic images, so I’d say 13+. 13 year olds have seen and heard about way worse anyways. It’s a really fun game, I recommend. Also, if you are looking into buying this game, try not to look to much into the game itself. The game has an element of surprise and that’s what makes it fun. It can send you through a bunch of twists suddenly, and it would suck if you got spoiled for them. There are a few curse words, and the character Yuri says some… sexual stuff, but it’s not too bad on either of those terms. Overall, great game!!! Just listen to the warnings.

Its absolutely amazing, but there are a few red flags.

Okay, this may be long. I think it's leading (and will lead) in psychological horror games. Me myself first played the original game when i was about 7. i dont reccomend playing it this young from an older standpoint, but it kinda shaped who i am today. it shskes you and your expectations as an "anime game". i think the warnings the game give you are important. it could bring up suprisingly triggering topics, such as ch!ld 4bus3, self h4rm, and sU!c!d3. it makes you feel emotions such as sadness and anxiety, and might not be good if you're mentally weak. but me, as a 7 year old, was horrified, and it still shakes me up today. during the end of the game, it goes through your user files, and tells you your real name, but this is done safel and isn't a virus concern for me, but might be for others. But the PLUS VERSIOn adds a lot more to the game. the game itself isnt changed, but it adds a "pc screen" and gives you access to the games music, and you can collect screenshots as well. it also has suprisingly wholesome side storys that touched my heart. its really funner then the original version. i hope you can decide is DDLC+ right for you. Before you maek your descision, i have some concerns that i think shaped the game, but was a little too mature. one character has slit wrists shown in the game, and the same character makes sexual refrances, then stabs themself. another character shows extreme depression, and another extreme obsession, and a nother one child abuse. i personally think, its good for kids 10+. but for more sensative kids, 13+. lots of children ewho have played will argue they played it younger, but its a liiitle worse then some of us remember. Alright, im done, this is my through rating.

Great game! :D

This is my favorite game! I've played it 3 times in a week already. But I wouldn't exactly say that its for kids. This game is great don't get me wrong, but with the language, sexual talk and dark themes? Not something for a little to be playing. There are 3 uses of f**k, but that's pretty much it on language. Sexual wise, there's two scenes, one with Natsuki and one with Yuri. The Natsuki scene, while baking cupcakes, main character pins Natsuki down as a joke, making it into an awkward scene. With Yuri, main character cuts his finger, so Yuri licks the blood. Feeling embarrassed, main character licks her finger to make her feel better. Natsuki also claims that Yuri's boobs got bigger once main character joined the club. And as for the violence... very strong. Suicide and murder are strong themes. A character commits suicide as she feels that she's not loved, a character stabs herself, a character's neck is shown broken and her eyes become black, and the main theme is that all of the characters are deleted so one girl can become closer to the player forever. Its a great game, but maybe not for little kids.