Kid reviews for Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age - Definitive Edition

Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age - Definitive Edition Poster Image

No reviews yet.

Add your rating

Helped me through Quarantine

Just for a little context, I got this game during the quarantine and it couldn't have come at a better time in my life. I swear I played non-stop for 2 weeks. I have over 250 hours in the game and have all the achievements. This is in my top three favourite games of all time. Anyways onto the parental guidance stuff, this game's violence is extremely tame. All melee combat has no blood and unless you're are in in free camera mode (I recommend you use fixed camera mode) you can barely see the actual combat. Magic is the same way. You just fire of a projectile or something to that effect and the monster flinches and roars. There is absolutely no blood and characters fall down and disappear when defeated. Cursing is also very minimal with only about 5 d***s in the 100 hour + story. Where this game gets a little iffy is with the "sex". You can go to NPCs (Non-player characters) and recieve what is described as a "Puff-Puff". It is a long running gag in the Dragon quest series but is the equivalent of prostitution. Nothing is shown but a black screen and the occasional text box that says certain phrases like "Does the feel good sir?" You can also dress the two female party members (excluding the minor) in outfits such as bunny suits, bathing suits, and dancing outfits. Also, one of the main characters is alluded to be homosexual and flirts with some of the other characters such as the prince of Gallopolis. Overall, this is a superb game but if your child is 10 or under I would not recommend.

1 person found this helpful.

Good

Have not played but the dragon quest series is a masterpiece

My review of this game

As you can see, this game is pretty good but... I see swearing by Erik when you fight the giant, blue dragon. He says "D*mn it!" which is very intense profanity, even if it is not shown a lot. The violence is cartoonish and blood-free. It's unsafe for anyone under 14 due to difficulty and swearing in the beginning of the story.

Great Game - 13+

I am a teen nearing adulthood but I believe this is for 13 and over due to some alcohol as well as slimy blood(bloody hand), violence, and other themes for 13+. The hero also avoids fighting which is a role model kind of thing and finally it contains mild profanity. Otherwise, this is a great JRPG!