All parent member reviews for Duke Nukem Forever

Parent Written byMr.Scheawrsz June 21, 2013

Oh yeah

totally for 12 and up
Parent of a 2 year old Written bywoodfamily2145 July 1, 2011

If you like this game, that's fine. Just not for kids!

Duke Nukem hasn't strayed much from their content, if not enhanced it with the times. As of this review, 67% of the people say there are positive role models? That is not the case. The complete opposite at the very least. Just not a kid game. Keep it for yourself and not for the kiddies to watch.
Adult Written byDemonwor June 28, 2011

READ THIS REVIEW

Lets get real here. This game sucks. This sequel game was an long awaited game from the 90's that has taken forever to come out due to development problems. Fans here saying it's good are in complete denial about how horrible this game is. As a game IS a disappointment to the community. This game has terrible design, bad humor, bad release. At best this game is OK why, because that blood and gore, and straight killing action is diluted by bad puzzles, cheezy racing, bad mazes, and just simply not good at all. The ONLY redeming quality it's old fashion multiplayer, and I mean OLD, like outdated. Now unless your a huge fan the only thing you would like is the potty mouth Duke Nukem himself... I still get a laugh out of him
Adult Written byGamesandMovieReview November 14, 2011

Not for children!

First of all, this game is very explicit, full of horrible content from every category. It is full of sexual content, and I can't even say what. Second, the violence. Here is an example of violence in this game. You grab a alien called a pig cop and you punch his head and it explodes and you see a lot of blood on the screen, and since your up in the air, you take the jet-pack away and fly to safety. Drugs? You are able to use steroids to gain more strength. And besides, the whole point of this game is to save the woman of the earth from breeding with the aliens. Oh yeah, and duke nukem says things like "Why do they always take the hot ones?" and such, so that doesn't make a good role model. And lastly, why would your child want this? It's really bad with bad graphics and it took 12 years to make when a Call of Duty takes about 2-3 years to make.
Adult Written byNot a Decoy July 28, 2011

Hail to the king, indeed.

Fist off, I'd like to make notice that a majority of the "kids" and "teens" posting these comments aren't even old enough to remember the original Duke! For me, being a original fan of Duke Nuken 3D (and only 3D) this game struck a bit of nostalgia for me. Though after just playing the demo released on the Xbox LIVE Marketplace I decided not to waste my hard earned money. This is VERY MUCH NOT the point though. This site and these reviews are meant to express all of our feelings on what age WE feel is appropriate for these games, but guess what it's rated MA. Therefore, it's NOT intended for people under the age of 18, if you STILL choose to buy this for your child that IS fine. YOU are in charge of YOUR child. I'm not as old as some of you might be, and I don't have children of my own, but I DO have younger brothers that I basically helped raise. I was a generation raised on the 90s. From Ren and Stimpy to Rocko's Modern Life, and you think those shows weren't suggestive? Please!
Adult Written bysupapoopa April 23, 2012

Yay! Duke's back!!!

Wow. I love this game but poop peoples, This includes: Super gore - Bodies exploding, shooting and other things. Swearing - Lots, like f-ck, sh-t and c-ck as well as ass. Not constant, but lots - I failed on the billiard table at the start and Duke said "What the f-ck." then one of his g-friends said to stop playing with his balls?!? Sexuality - On the Hive level theres wall boobs, and tons of naked women which explode (from im-pregnation), and... Duke Nukem's Titty City. WTF? From naked women and photos including the ones in the secret room, there are EIGHT pairs of boobs. You get a lap dance from a stripper after finding her popcorn a condom and a vibrator - she shakes her breasts around realistically (uhh... ok...) and the screen turns black after a 11 second lap dance. You can request a special dance from a pole dancer, Theres a huge sign that says "Fellatio" and your two girlfriends perform fellatio (that's what I think because they're bending down and rubbing their mouths.) Drugs/Alcohol - You can take steroids in then you can punch aliens and pigs to bits and Beer makes you EXTRA TOUGH!!! I love this game personally, but a heads up to women: DON'T PLAY IT. YOU WILL BE OFFENDED.
Adult Written bySoulLacerations July 27, 2011

Nuke it.

This game is not at all for children, nor is it intended to be played by them. The content is strictly 18+, having visual depictions of graphic blood, gore, and violence, blatant use of alchol and drugs, and nudity and sexual acts. Your character is Duke Nukem, a one-man-army who is supposed to be the man's man's man.A super build, machismo filled, witty, human weapon that all women want and all men envy and respect. He is meant to be a parody of other characters of shooters, movies, and video games but the joke, at least in this installment, falls short. During the course of the game, he doles out supposedly witty one-liners in reaction to killing enemies or picking up powerups. Some of these powerups include beer, which is a healing item, and steroids which you inject to make your physical melee attacks stronger. The game isn't meant to take itself seriously, but unfortunately, it's very good. Compared to past installments or other first-person shooters on the market, it just doesn't have anything new or innovative to offer than your standard gore-for-gore's-sake shoot 'em up, and if you're not looking for more than that, you'll probably enjoy it. Also, anyone can feel free to contact me for advice on other games, or just about anything. I'm not far out of my teen years, so I can help both kids and parents talk and relate. Feel free to contact me.
Adult Written bydragon005 July 18, 2011

Very bad game

The violence is about as gorey as you might expect. Beer and even steroids make Duke stronger. Quite a bit of language. And some nudity and a ton of sexual references.
Adult Written byJeff Quick July 13, 2011

DNF Disappoints with Immaturity and Low Standards

Okay, to set the record straight, this game is disappointing at best. Having played the original DN3D will give a bit of a nostalgia trip to this blood soaked sex ride, but the gameplay is outdated and linear along with the jokes and multiplayer. The only allure to this game for kids is that they think it should be an icon for being banished to Dev Hell, but really I wish it would have stayed there. This is an over the top rediculous action B movie title, and it strives for nothing deep or at all politically correct. 2/5
Adult Written byThe Prince July 1, 2011

A little iffy for young ones.