Kid reviews for Empire Total War

Empire Total War Poster Image

Fun, Interactive, Educational

I think this game is an overall great game very immersive and educational.

There's no blood

Maybe in a mod there's blood but I've played this since I was 10 and

Fantastic for history/strategy buffs, learn alot about European, Indian, and American history and geography

This is an excellent grand strategy title for anyone who likes strategy or history! Its a must have! I'm a 14 year old history buff and I played this for almost 2 years before getting even remotely bored, then there is the mods that improve historical accuracy and gameplay 5x. Its like a sandbox for the 18th century, and its fun to be a small nation like Prussia and rise up and conquer the world. A small flaw in the game though is that AI nations will either be stuck in neutral and never advance militarily or become a juggernaut on steroids and conquer you in two turns. Also the stubborn diplomacy AI could be worked around as neighboring nations will never agree to anything and will become hostile indefinitely for no reason. Apart from that, the game is a fantastically epic masterpiece with high initial educational value and you will learn a load about geography and history as well as military strategy. My recommendation for this is a massive behemoth.

Great game for tweens and above.

Awesome game. There's definitely a lot of educational value in the game. I think the game is definitely the best Real Time Strategy I've ever played. As for the content of the game, I'd say it's fine. There's death, but no blood or gore. There are some references to tobacco, as you can own a plantation, but that's just a fact of history. While I say this game is appropriate for people above ten, I think the average ten year old wouldn't get much enjoyment from it. It's a lot of strategic thinking, which may bore younger players. Overall though, excellent game, with beautiful graphics on a higher end machine.