Kid reviews for Fallout: New Vegas

Mature action RPG with gore, sex, profanity, and drug use.

Kid, 12 years old November 29, 2010

This game is flawed and not amazing. Very challenging. Try Fable III

I don't like it. it is hard and makes you angry when you can't continue. it feel like you are playing a video game. Fable III is the perfect difficultity and amazing. Fine for older children.

Teen, 14 years old Written byjumphop March 15, 2011

Fallout NV, a few concerns

First let me start off by saying this is a very good game. I am a big Bethesda fan mind you and probably won't give one of their games a bad review. But some things are inappropriate. First there is a good amount of violence is involved, if you can handle that then I will tell the other things you must know. First there is some sexual content. Now, this is avoidable based on the choices you make in the game. But there is one thing you will have a hard time avoiding the prostitutes. They're dressed only partially, (they are dressed in sexualized clothing and some are topless with only xs over breasts.) And there is a mission to find a man some during the campaign. But the quest mentioned is optional. But this too can mainly be avoided if you don't go in Gomorrah's basement or look at the ceiling there. Every other faction in the game does not believe in prostitution, so you will not need to worry about it elsewhere. The last thing is language, there is a good amount but not even half as much as most games. The F word is said some (mostly if you provoke mobsters and such,) and you will hear A and D. The one you will hear the most is the A word. But if you can get past all this, then you are guarantee you will like NV. And you will be playing for hours.

Kid, 11 years old January 20, 2011

Teen, 14 years old Written byandreman500 March 29, 2011

perfect for teens 13+

This is a great game that has a bit disturbing scenes some young viewers might find weird. but it is a good game.

Teen, 14 years old Written byhithop767 July 26, 2015

really commonsence media

O.K. where should I start. its kind of boring but fun over all. so common sense sais its not for kids well despite the M rating its a game ok for kids 9 and up maybe its different on pc but not that much that gets it rated M. other than the curse words but your kid knows them already

Teen, 17 years old Written byDeadpoolDash May 14, 2013

War, War Never Changes

What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas, eh? Apparently a few thousand nukes don't change much. This is 'Fallout: New Vegas' the fourth game in the main series of the Fallout franchise, which dates back to the 90s. In 'New Vegas' you take the role of the courier who has run into a roll of bad luck as he gets shot in the head in the opening cut scene. You battle your way around the Mojave wasteland through real life places such at Goodsprings, Primm, Nellis Air-force base and of course Las Vegas to find out the truth about why you were shot, depending on who the player is it may be for revenge. You then find yourself being offered to help the New Californian Republic (a group trying to revive the old world ways such as democracy) and their opponent Caesar's Legion (a group of slavers) to help either of them take control of Hover Dam. Overall it's a great game, just not for kids, they may enjoy shooting every raider and mutant they see but they'll never get the message. War, war never changes.

Teen, 13 years old Written byBookerDeWitt123 March 27, 2016

Common Sense Media is wrong again!

Wow. Just wow. "Mature action RPG with gore, sex, profanity, and drug use". Are you serious! Gore, sex, profanity, and drug use! There making it sound like this game was made by Satan! First off, I would like to point out the sexual content in this game. There is barely any sexual content in this game at all. Some parents might think that because of the title, "New Vegas", there's going to be a LOT off sexual content, just because of Vegas, but guess what, there isn't. Violence is another issue, but 5/5!? There are games on the market that are wwwaaayyy more violent than this game, but... this game is still pretty violent, but not nearly as violent as Common Sense Media says it is. This game is also pretty bloody but its comical and unrealistic. Another problem with this game is the language. There is some strong language in this game but it is infrequent. But some characters do cuss more than others.

Ease of Play
Teen, 13 years old Written bylivnada April 4, 2011
I LOVE THIS GAME i started playing this series wen i was 10 its a wonderful game
Teen, 13 years old Written byDarksouls444 September 6, 2014

Very fun and cool.

one of the most cool looking games ever good storytelling and game 10/10
Teen, 14 years old Written byslimshady24 January 2, 2011

Fun RPG, yet extremely graphic

This is a pretty good game but it is filled with glitches. However, it is really not for kids I was playing and someone shot me with some flame bomb gun and it blew my head off in slow motion and my corpse was sitting there splurting blood and my head was rolling around on the floor. It was DISGUSTING!

Teen, 15 years old Written bySaad1Khan November 18, 2014

Teen, 15 years old Written byManOfMidNights February 14, 2014

A very immersive and lengthy adventure

I really enjoyed the game and loved the many options you could take. The fast-travel system, although killing some realism points, allowed for the cutting of incredible time, but the game still took me about 100 hours to finally come to an end (I didn't play to linearly). Definitely worth the money. However, I was actually very concerned about the violence and other questionable content. Obviously, the violence is pretty gratuitous, although your choices may lessen it to a degree more that mine. The violence level can be added to by the fact that it you hit a killed character with a melee weapon, his body parts will eventually wear off and his condition will deteriorate into a pile of organs. The website's main description doesn't seem care as much as I did about the sexual and drug content. It may just have been me and my path, but I remember seeing a lot of sexual content. I had to find people to work at strip clubs (included sex bot and a ghoul) and the strip clubs themselves were kinda filled with clothing the Japanese would see as taboo. I didn't like to go in those, even for missions, because of that. The drugs are pretty bad in that I remember taking some in-game for their benefits (A great role-model for your kids, isn't it). Speaking of models, this game can be THE WORST for kids. Why? Because although I tried to play nicely and rationally, your kids can do the MUCH more fun thing and turn into a flat-out psychopath/gangster in-game. And yes, you are antagonized greatly for that, but still. I guess the only good lesson that it brings is to stay in a group's good grace. The cussing, by the way, is pretty interesting due to the fact that an NPC character's dialogue is based on how nice the player is and their "personality". A mobster, hoodlum, masculine military man, or just a person who's been through too much crap recently would use f*** like it was just their way of talking, while a nice person (or trying to be nice) or a person of strict employment would probably refrain or flat-out refuse to use such words. This shows the effort put into personality and immersion. Certainly a fun game. Well worth the (greatly diminished) money that is costs, but not for kids

Teen, 13 years old Written bysmashwolf88 April 18, 2011

good game

a good game with cool rpg style controlles

Educational Value
Teen, 14 years old Written byzoisite November 22, 2014

Know Your Kids

I've had this game for a while and I love it (I'm female, mind you), and I do believe that kids 13 and up can play this. However, just know how mature your children are and have that speak for whether or not he/she should play it. Also, don't listen to the ease of play if you're on PC, the controls are easy to master there (I don't know if that's the same for Xbox and Ps3)

Ease of Play
Teen, 13 years old Written byloganburns57 July 27, 2013

AMAZING EXPERIENCE

Honestly my favorite game of all time Great story, great everything pretty much not for the squeamish though

Teen, 13 years old Written byYes man March 15, 2016
Violence: yup Gore:yes Sex:definetely Drugs: sort of Ease of play: no
Teen, 15 years old Written byJuniorJester April 18, 2014

Just too much violence

Hey...this game barely had sex and swearing content. Made by the same guys who gave us Elder Scroll : Skyrim. the real deal is MODS...Sex Mod is your child's enemy.

Teen, 14 years old Written byEthios January 11, 2013

Great game for most teens.

Great game, a few glitches. There is quite a bit of gore, but a mature child would be able to handle it. There are drugs, that give you bonuses but you can get addicted and have negative side affects which could teach them a lesson. Swears a bit, but let's be honest, if your child is over 10, he's heard everything. There is some sexual content but its just a black screen and some noises. Is avoidable based on your choices.. Fine for your average 13 year old, suitable for a mature 10 year old.

Teen, 14 years old Written bythekingofgoat84 October 1, 2015

Great but really gory game.

This is a really great game. It has a massive and diverse world to explore and lots and lots of activities and side quests to participate in. It is probably my favorite game of all time. But, it is really bloody. I knew that it would be bloody, but I didn't think it would be as bloody as it is. There is something in this game called VATS, which is a targeting system where you can pick which body part you want to shoot. If you shoot someone with VATS and you have a powerful enough weapon, it can be extremely bloody. I shot someone in the head with VATS once, and it exploded into a shower of blood and chunks. The good thing is, you don't have to use VATS, but you likely will if you get the game because it makes getting kills so much easier. But even if you don't use Vats, heads and limbs can still be blown apart. What i did was turn off the kill cam in settings, and that made the game a lot less bloody. Also, you can unlock a perk early on called the Red mess perk, and you can guess what that does. Other than that, there is some sexual dialogue and a "strip club" with skimpily dressed girls that you don't have to go in, but its not that bad. There is also some swearing, but it is not that frequent, although every adventure in Fallout is different, so in yours, everyone may have a sailors mouth.

Teen, 15 years old Written byNo Name, for real. May 25, 2013

Extremely violent, bloody, gory, game is for adults only.

You can optionally dismember, decapitate and explode enemies. As well as more gruesome ways to kill enemies, such as killing them with a machete, golf club, and lots, lots, lots, lots, lots of more ways.