Parent reviews for Far Cry 3

Far Cry 3 Poster Image

Great game but i wouldn't recommend it for young teens

The game is great overall. There's a lot of swearing and gore which a mature teen can handle, and there is 1 sex scene all players will see and there is another depending on the players decisions at the end of the game (you see female breasts). You can play poker and there is some drug use but very little (you get drugged while burning up a pot field) and there is a drug addict in the game. There's human trafficking but the whole purpose of the game is to try and get yourself and all of your friends out of it. The character development is pretty cool because your character is against killing people and it is excusable to kill pirates so you can free your friends from human trafficking. I love the story of the game and I love the aspects of it.

The best far cry game, not suitable for under 16s

This game is the best game in the series, Vaas is an amazing villain, the story and missions are amazing, and the scenery is some of the best i have ever seen in a first-person shooter. This game here in New Zealand has received the Restricted 16+ age rating due to strong violence, sexual references, and very strong language, A lot of F bombs (Also mafia 2 level) a lot of shooting, and blood (to be expected in a game of this genre) and some sexual references including a suggestive scene with a topless character. I would not recommend this game to anyone under 16 years old but in this day and age, no one actually follows age ratings so if you are a parent reading this, it's completely your choice as to whether or not you want your child playing this game.

Awesome game, but violent

The game is awesome, one of the bests i've played, but yeah it's true, the story isn't for young kids, it's about a pirate kidnapping you and your friends, killing some of them with lots of blood. Vaas, the enemy pirate, is a real psychopath, but that's what makes that game so awesome. Yes you can see some drug use, but you also see the professor (the addict character) completely crazy and it makes you understand that it isn't that good, compared to other games where you have bonus when you do it.

Great game, fits more mature children

First of all the age I put is the age I think most kids could play it at, but that doesn't mean I don't think younger kids could play it if the parents know them well and think they are mature enough, my own son played it around age 7, but he mostly drove around in cars, boats and other vehicles, using the grappling hook and just goofing around. He didn't play the story line back then, and it's also something I don't think he was ready for even though he was more mature than many children his age. Violence, murder, torture, rape, drugs, family and friends being killed right in front of you, and slaughter of animals are some of the darker themes you encounter and have to do if you play the whole game and watch the cut scenes. I didn't play with the content filter on so I don't know for sure what difference it makes. And while the children can skip the cut scenes there is still plenty of violence considering they have to kill a lot of bad guys. I know there are some sexual scenes, but the focus is more on drugs and violence. Having said that I will end this by saying it's one of the best games I've played, I love the story and the main character, it's got a great plot and it was an enjoyable gaming experience. The main character was likeable, and so was one of the villains, even though he was crazy.

9/10

if you can stomach the violence in read dead redemption you'll be fine playing this. Beware easy mode is still really hard.

So fncking good

It took it all away

Strong brutal violence, disturbing content and bloody images, pervasive language, drug use, and some sexuality/nudity

Amazing game. Generous blood splatter with each kill that splatters on floors and surfaces. Bloody close up machete kills/ throat slashes that get creatively brutal (including groin slashes) including boss fights and other scenes. Civilians forced to run trough mine field doesnt end well. One character is implied to be repeatedly raped by another. Bloody bodies and mass graves in some areas. Emotional scene of torture involving pushing a bullet into a young man's shoulder. Constant F words in cutscenes and gameplay. 2 sex scenes with breasts from first person view. Player can use perfrmance drugs whenever. Marujuana smoking, voluntary and circumstantial (burning pot fields), cocaine snorting.

bottom and seaweeds

cutscenes which can't be skipped uplay needed to plat

A message all young adults need to hear.

I personally didn't like the gameplay. However the story is incredible. It really touched me. I got teary eyed several times. You play as Jason Brody, a immature 20 year old guy that learns the harsh truths of life the hard way. A lot of symbolism will probably slip by most players, but look closely and you'll find a masterpiece. This is a very mature game. Not just because of the violence, occasional sex scene, or language, but for a thought provoking psychological horror coming of age experience.

Far cry 3 is an adult game you need to understand

Everyone needs to under stand not all games are created for kids, Some games are directed to the Adult Audience NOT ALL FOR KIDS. Far cry 3 should never come into mind as a thought of "i wonder if i should get this for my 12 year old son". Never should that thought enter your head. You cannot even start on the violence in the game that was intended to Make Adults Cringe! If even Grown men Are Sometimes Disturbed by the content in this game then imagine the effect on your kid that wants to play the game.