Kid reviews for Far Cry 3

Far Cry 3 Poster Image

This game is amazing.

This is my favorite game, I recommend this amazing experience to ages 9 and up. (side note: Your child should be more mature though!) I personally love this game because it explores themes that are rather untouched in games, the theme of insanity. Vaas is a excellent impersonation of insanity. Jason Brody is another excellednt interpretation of a rather normal person in such a violent and scary situation.

Pretty Good Pretty Aggresive

Okay so this game has language and violence. Yes... Its on a scale comparable to watch dogs on that level. Fair amount of violence and a lot of language. Now on watch dogs I would say 12+ but this game has a.... Uhhhhhhhhhhh............ How do I say... Sex scene... No genitalia is shown. just you know... I mean yeahhhhhhh... The only "exposed thing" is the female characters Breasts. Outside of that ONE scene witch let me say... Is a option at the VERY END of the story so... you can avoid it. Otherwise its fine for 12+ if you watch them play at the end tell them to do the "save your friend option" if yu want them to not see the sex... Now the Great message is suttle but there. The message is killing changes you... Throughout the story your character kills many pirates and it degrades him. He even notices... at the start he stabbs a guy and shakes with fear knowing he killed a man. at the end he can slit his friends throught ... The throught slit is also the option that gives you sex... so one ending is just bad... The character of Vaas is very fun... He is the best part of the story and gives you a speech of insanity and at the end if you put the story together you can see vass is actually the better person than Citra (the one you side with) Thats it amazing game but a VERY MATURE but optional ending

This game is badass

This game is great but only people under 17 and up should play this game for the following reasons #1 theirs torture theirs a scene where Jason tortures his brother #2 You can kill innocent cities even your team mates #3 Woman’s breasts are shown #4 A lot of swearing #5 Sex #6 Drugs All n all this game has one of the best physics in a game since Half Life 2 and that’s saying something it even has relatable characters and the best villain ever Vaas So please only let people under 17 and up play this game for the love of god

Normal Far Cry game violence, but with optional sex added

This game has normal Far Cry violence, shooting, stabbing, murder, gore, cussing, brief drug references, which is 13+ game in my opinion, but this game has an optional sex scene at the end of a game where if you choose the bad ending, you have sex with a tribal leader, during this scene, you can see her squeezing and caressing her breasts with her nipples exposed, and moaning in a 1st person person perspective. Now this sounds bad but It's only a 1-minute sequence and the camera is angled where you don't see her vagina at all. Overall, amazing game I just don't see the need to add unneeded sex at the end of a game.

Very mature

Very disturbing game, I am a supporter of wanting parents to be more lenient on games, but this is definitely one of those games that I can't really argue about. 15+ definitely. The whole plot line is very mature. It is about slavery and human trafficking, torture, drowning and executions are shown, people get stabbed in detail. However it has a very complex story and is not mindless shooting. Similar to how a movie like the godfather is a great movie, but is very violent.

My Real And True Opinion

i will be honest with every child or parent reading this, a lot of others on this site say the blood can be turned off but that is not true, you play as a 24 Year Old named Jason Brody. Your oldest brother was killed by Vaas Montenegro (Villian), you have to rescue your other friends as you seek into an adventure in the Rook Islands, in order to get better in the game is by learning new skills, with these skills, you can use them as your playing the game, i am half way through the game and i can say, it contains graphic scenes (not spoiling) but you have to torture someone you never want to in order for someone to trust you, Jason Brody doesn’t swear too too much, in one phone call you can hear him say “So his name is Buck and he likes to f..” he doesn’t say the word but wanted to, although there isn’t much swearing, there is a ton of violence, such as healing by taking a bullet out of your right or left arm, or cutting open an animal in order to get their skin, there is blood shown on the screen which means you are low, very fun yet violent.

Its always the little things that matter.

The gameplay is fantastic and the graphics are some of the best - making the game experience feel realistic - but that's where the problem starts .Although I am 16 I sometimes wish I had waited a year or two before playing this game(or others like it) - ya okay everyone talks about the big scenes but for me what makes the game mature is all the implicit parts. Seeing a prostitute getting hit for not paying up - i mean there's a town called badtown where there are woman standing provocatively and saying things like 'we could have a lot of fun' and some other more vulgar phrases. Then there's the huge scene where he's hallucinating after stepping on mushrooms - i found it a bit disturbing. But the worst for me is how all the pirates (bad guys) casually entice violence by implying they want to get shot rather than suffer in the hot environment.It makes you feel like your doing them a favour rather than a wrong - this coupled with the main character's sudden change from a non violent innocent to mass murderer as 'you know what the american's say - there's a first time for everything' - no its definitely not for the young because it promotes violence past the 'call of duty' feeling. In essence the developers made the storyline as realistic as possible and, in doing so, there's now a sense of 'the need to grow up' embedded in it. I fully support common sense media's professionals' decision to put the age restriction high.

The most edgy Far Cry game in the series

Far Cry 3 takes place in a fictional South America where a 20 year old Jason Brody and his friends have fallen victim to abduction by pirates. The game contains lots of violence which is realistic and frequent. Pistols, machine guns, shotguns, knives, machetes, explosives, vehicles, and other weapons are all used to kill off enemies and animals alike. Blood often follows such acts, splattering and staining the ground of many environments in small pools. Takedowns depict people having knives and machetes jammed into their necks, backs, and chests with blood spraying after such brutality. A mutilated head buried in sand is shown (only if you look hard enough). The language in this game is also very salty; Bitch, Ass, S--t, F--k, C--t, P---y, D--k, etc. are used sporadically. Especially by the main antagonist (Vaas). The pirate guards also sometimes curse i.e “stop fucking hiding you p---y”! There are also two graphic sex scenes where a woman is shown topless (breasts fully exposed with nipples shown). Thrusting and moaning are shown during these two scenes, however these scenes can be skipped. Lastly there are drug references and a pirate smokes weed in one scene. Definitely Ubisoft’s most graphic Far Cry game. M-Mature Intense Violence Blood Strong Sexual Content Strong Language Nudity Drug reference

Far cry 3 is a mature game containing explicit sex, profanity and violence.

A mature but brilliant game

This is a mature game that doesn't feel anxious to use bad language and extreme violence. However, this is still one of the best games you can play and it would be a shame not to be able to play it. If you can discard the swearing, violence (and occasional nudity), then this is well worth playing.