Kid reviews for Far Cry 3

Violent, bloody first-person shooter has sex and drugs.

Teen, 15 years old Written bylasercorn December 6, 2012

PARENTS, READ!

this game may be violent, but you can turn off the blood. also, 75% of the langauge is in the cutscenes, wich you can skip. The main character is a positive role model, because at first, he doesnt want to kill enimes, and you cant.

Teen, 17 years old Written bygameaddictwn December 7, 2012

Fantastic shooter but not for 15 and under

Far cry 3 is the best in the series, but also the most mature. There is a extreme amount of swearing. F*** is about every fifth word of the main antagonist. F*** is most used but also s*** and a few uses of c***. The violence is is relatively moderate but extremely realistic, which may be unsettling for some. There is some upper female nudity in 2 scenes that can be skipped. The setting thing about the game is it's realism. The characters are realistically portrayed, each with his or her own faults. The voice acting is the best I've seen in a game for a long while. There is also lots of drugs in the game, some of which the character is subjected to. Jason (the main character) is actually a good role model. He is willing to do anything to save his friends and is extremely desperate to save his brother. He will go to any amount to save them, including changing into someone he doesn't want to be. At first he was haunted by the idea to kill someone, and was horrified when he did it for the first time (in self defence). But as he goes on he learns to kill and gets a taste for murder, but its all to save his friends. He was willing to kill everyone to save the ones he cared about, but it turned him into a monster. This game teaches you about consequences. How far are you willing to go to save the ones you care about, and will you be able to handle the person you will become?

Kid, 10 years old December 13, 2012

This game is badass

This game is amazing and cool. and it is a bit bloody when you stab some thing with your knife. Also this game has got quite a bit of bad language but it is Mainly just in cut scenes but I have read that you can skip the cut scenes if you want to. There is a sex Scene to in the first one you see citras boobs however they are covered up with some make up and a necklace but you can still see them. The second is optional and Jason (who is the person you play as) actually has sex with her but you don't see it happen you just see citras face. Also you can skin animals after you kill them but you should be careful Because animals like tigers and bears try to maul you. You can also take over enemy outposts which your friends will inhabit after you take it over. You can also do radio towers to uncover more of the map and get free guns. I think ubisoft have done a great job on the far cry trilogy. Don't forget to watch the ign review for this game!
Kid, 12 years old February 7, 2013

The best non-blocky game. Ever.

Many families do not want their children to be doing stuff like in this game. Selling drugs, cursing in every sentence, using guns. But to be honest, lets face it: The best way to avoid something is to understand it. And the next best thing to actually going to the battlefield is to run a simulation, or this game. It's pretty accurate. And besides, the characters are good role models for kids. They show bravery, persistence, and strength (physical and mental). Just if you have maturity problems, I would recommend going with the left click at the end. Also, there are animals in the game which you need to hunt to progress. I probably learned the names of more than five new animals after finishing Far Cry 3. And trust me. Any kid would go to Wikipedia after seeing the Tapir, but that's just the lamest of the crop.

Teen, 17 years old Written bysexyback December 20, 2012

Great game

Amazing game. I would say it is exceptable for an eleven year old

Teen, 17 years old Written byJack Cassidy September 28, 2013

Parents! This game is Awesome, not inappropriate!

This is an awesome game! You can turn the blood off when you shoot! There is hardly any visual bad stuff like gore e.t.c. You don't have to do anything you or your child doesn't want to do because there is free roam which gives you a free game where you can do whatever you like. This is a very fun game so give it a chance!

Teen, 13 years old Written bygargoil9065 May 26, 2013

FARCRY3

this game is great and is little violent.

Kid, 11 years old March 5, 2013

Only if you think your kid is mature enough.

The actual gameplay is NOT just shooting people up. 1/5 of the time I am exploring the map, finding plants, looking for exotic animals, hunting for treasure, going coral reef diving, driving around, etc. It can be very time consuming. I have the game and I must say, they use the f bomb A LOT. Mostly it is in the scenes with Vaas. If you don"t like swearing you can skip the scene OR cover you ears. If you are in middle/ high school you should be used to swearing. Blood and gore is a slight issue when you use the knife. Also the only time I really don't like the gore is when you skin an animal, blood squirts every where and there are bloody things coming out. Overall, I say be careful around kids 12 and under, since 3/4 of the boys in my grade play call of duty. Hope I helped.

Teen, 13 years old Written byyoulouz26 August 15, 2014

Far Cry 3

One of the most inapropiate games ive ever seen

Ease of Play
Teen, 15 years old Written byClarissaIsMex3 March 4, 2013

My opinion

I'm Clarissa, and I absolutely love this game. Violence can be resolved by playing in Adventurer mode, (I play on Warrior, so I'm not completely accurate with Adventurer mode) you can just drive around, search for treasure, hunt animals, travel throughout the island, drive a boat, etc... If one is fine with gore, I recommend Warrior because it's f*cking amazing! I love just going around taking all the enemy camps; making them mine. Indeed there is a scene where there is sex, but the woman's body isn't fully visible. Her breasts show, but other than that... It's fine. Also, there is a lot of drug related items and scenes. In the beginning, you can see the friends taking shots. You can also look enemies items and find stuff like: Cocaine packet, crumpled cigarrettes, pipes, etc... This game is a fun exploration game, good for people who enjoy RPGs and violence. -Clarissa

Teen, 17 years old Written bymikeb1 July 24, 2015

Distasteful

Well, I'm a 17 yrs old, and I was very disappointed in this game. The game was everything I hoped for... But the amount of profanity was tremendous. At the very start there was super strong uncalled for language, such as F**K, Pu**y, Sh*t etc. The first part of the game (Sorry) you are running from your captives shouting F**K! Over and over again. I've never been so displeased. Not recommend to teens. I didn't even play the second mission.

Teen, 13 years old Written byDexterman February 9, 2013

Best... Game ... Ever

It's an AMAZING game Has one sexual scene with a naked woman named citra Otherwise it has bad language like f**k and s**t All in all it's great It's an FPS hence there's shooting There's also hunting
Teen, 14 years old Written byCWG1 March 9, 2014

Amazing game but defiantly not for kids!

Amazing game and story, but it features disturbing violence, strong language, sex, and some drug use that isn't good for younger kids to see. This game is a first person shooter so there will be blood and blood spurts, but there are scenes of torture and other violent images that are bad for younger kids to see. Depending on the ending you get you could have one where you are having sex with a topless woman with paint on her nipples (somewhat visible) but other than this there is nothing else, and chances are your child won't even get this because this is the bad ending and this is all by choice of good or bad. Frequent strong language is used in the game. There is drinking and smoking and your character can get intoxicated at times. I would say know your kids. Suggested MPAA R: Strong Bloody Violence, Disturbing Images, Pervasive Language, Use Of Drugs, and Strong Sexuality

Teen, 13 years old Written bygamer-chick September 21, 2013

cool game

This game is awesome!! Yes there is bad language but you're kid has heard it enough to be used to it. There is a scene/scenes with nudity in it; the female's lets just say "top" is showing, but that's all. It only goes on for about 10 to 15 seconds, no big deal. The main character, Jason and his friends, were kidnapped by a cruel man named vass. Jason starts out as a good guy, and has never killed a man before in his life, but he kills people to save his friends from being killed. The violence isn't that bad, it might be a little gory but not like a really graphic way. The drugs and things are not very common in the game; you mostly just wander around the place finding cool things. I highly recommend this game.

Kid, 12 years old July 1, 2013

Gritty.

Has extremely bad drugs and sex. Haven't played it but seen it. It also has nudity and strong bloody, gritty violence. This game is also packed with Bad Language and it gets from bad to worse. However, this game can teach you a lesson as you are stuck out on a tropical beach and you need to survive. This is a beautiful game as it is set on a lovely tropical beach but on the other hand its absolutely Violent. Consumerism is also witnessed in this gritty game.

Teen, 15 years old Written byNo Name, for real. January 13, 2013

Awesome games gets into some dark, bloody, and uncomfortable stuff.

Lots of bloody violence, almost anything on the island will try and kill you, Kamodo dragons, tigers, sharks, crazy people that are holding you for ransom. Really really violent and dark stuff here. Bloody and sometimes gory scenes, Stabbing through the shoulder, heart, and tons of shooting and blood. The game even asks thought provoking questions aboutviolence, are main character becomes obsessed with killing in nature, and the game gets into some really uncomfortable and extremely dark territory. The villain Vass is crazy and has a pervasive sense of peril and intensity. Tons of swearing, almost constant use of f--k. drug use, and sex.

Teen, 14 years old Written bypep talk January 8, 2013

For parents

I love this game even though i am young my parents dont really care but they know i wont go around in the future shootin people. I wouldn't recommend this to kids. And to parents i know most kids play alot of game's that aren't the best for them if your kid has an xbox then you can go to the settings and change the settings to where they can't play those bad, rated M games. I think only 17 and up should only play this game

Kid, 10 years old September 26, 2013

Far Cry 3 not as bad as common sense puts it

Far cry 3 is one of the best games of 2012 by far, all though the game has animal cruelty, butal violence (machette and gun) and gambling and drinking. Although it sounds quite gruesome, there isn't that much blood, just at the introduction of the game( where your brother gets shot in the neck) and beware LOADS of swearing.

Teen, 15 years old Written byjaybeegee April 30, 2013

Awesome game, but worse than GTA

Farcry 3 is a very amazing game about some people who get kidnapped by pirates after para-diving onto the haven Rook Island. The pirates kill the protagonist's (Jason Brody) brother and so Jason sets out on his quest to kill Vaas Montenegro, leader of the pirates. The game is an open world FPS, in which the player can hunt animals, kill pirates, drive cars, fly para-gliders and manoeuvre boats. The island looks amazing, and the fire physics in the game are simply genius. The game contains very strong, graphic violence. Towards the end of the game the player is given the choice to slit his girlfriend's throat. The protagonist slowly becomes insane during the game and talks about how good it feels to kill people. There are also assassination missions in which the player is rewarded for killing people. Drugs are used in this game, albeit not illegal drugs. Power-ups can be crafted from flora which are injected into the players arms. The swearing in the game is extremely strong, not so much in the main game, but in the coop campaign. The characters in the coop campaign will regularly drop F and C-Bombs. One female in the game does not wear clothes on her torso, however she paints over her breasts so you cannot actually see her nipples. The player can also have sex with this character (which is from a first person perspective however you cannot see any genitalia), however to avoid this simply choose "Save your friends" towards the end of the game. All in all, Farcry 3 is a very good game but I wouldn't recommend letting your kids play this game unless they are mature and know right from wrong.

Kid, 12 years old November 25, 2016

Very violent first person shooter game. Not for kids

This game is one of the games in the very popular FarCry series. It follows the story of a bunch of young adults who have gone on a holiday, when they get captured by terrorists they have to fight for their lives on a remote island. The first thing parents need to know about this game is that it is not for kids at all. The game is aimed towards older teens and adults. The violence is very extreme, it is overwhelmingly bloody and gory. With graphic shootings and explicit deaths including brutal stabbings, burnings, drownings and car accidents, all of which can lead to decapitations, severed limbs, spraying blood and organs flying. The language is frequent and intense including countless uses of "f--k," "s--t," "c--t," "motherf----r," the "N" word," "bitch ," "ass," "a--hole," "s--thole," "f--ktard," "d--k," "d--khead," "wanker" and many more. The drugs are also a massive concern the main story follows quests where you have drugs you take them in all ways including syringes, smoking and chewing. You have the option to take as many drugs as you want in the game as you can but them from the black markets around the island. The sex is also pretty intense, there is scenes of full frontal female nudity and full frontal male nudity. There are two endings to the game and one ends with two explicit sex scenes both of which have full female and male nudity.