All parent member reviews for F.E.A.R

Adult Written byjag8s April 9, 2008

WOW great game NOT FOR KIDS

I loved this game. It had me jumping out of my seat at times. Sometimes, I was jumping to the escape button so my kids wouldn't walk in on the game. The ending kind of lacked, but I loved the gameplay. This is not a game for kids, I don't care how mature or well-watched the child is, this isn't for them. If they can't go to an R-rated movie on their own, them seek another game.
Educator Written bygraveling May 4, 2014

scary and filled with gore

(-contains very strong bloody violence and gore disturbing images strong horror and language-)-18-
Adult Written byReady2Help August 20, 2011

F.E.A.R.

Fist of all, this game is scary for anyone who isn't used to creepy Your playing as a newbie in a secret task group called F.E.A.R. (First Encounter Assault Recon) From the very begining you see the worst of the blood in the game, it shows a man eating a corpse (well, not really shows, but you see a guy standing over a dead body and making sounds like he's eating something so it's not really a secret) Launguage is also very frequent and strong, don't get unless you are used to the dark side of human language Although when I played my scared meter didn't exactly hit red, this is actually good training if you are trying to learn to deal with creepy video games, it's thanks to this game that I can cope with other scary games and paranormal movies. The thing that got me to dislike this game is the plot The story has so many twist and turns I might as well of been on a rollercoaster, you have to have the best sense of awarness and understanding known to man to figure out what's going on At the end I was like "What the heck just happened?" Not kidding, this game is VERY hard to follow Not to mention the difficulty I played it on easy and died at least 45 times, the enemies are difficult and opprotunities to find health are hard to find, you have to have amazing patiance if you want to get through, as well as a sense of stratagy, you can't just run in gunz blazing, you have to run in, learn where everyone is and what weapons they have, if your lucky get back into cover, or just let them kill you so that you can go in again with more knolege of the enemy, make sure you know what your doing I would also reccomend that you rent this before buying, blockbuster or redbox might have it, if that's not available the game is old and very cheap, about $10 where I live
Adult Written byTom_Gamer_Tom June 23, 2010

FEAR is scary. Simply.

FEAR is very gory and bloody. The violence of this game is extreme and bloody. There are random limbs dotted everywhere and skeletons dropping from the roof and everywhere else on the floor. Its a good and very scary game though. It includes a lot of language in it but its not really that bad.
Adult Written byGamePlayer12 March 19, 2009

Fun Game For 16 +

This game is very fun and scary. good storyline and pretty good graphics. But the violence is too much for young kids, Theres dead bodies everywhere and a physco feeds on human flesh.. its blood and gore for sure. The language is pretty bad you often here S*** and a couple of F***, And other ones. This game is not a game for kids WAY to violent.. and i got scared myself of this game its just plain out NOT A KID GAME.
Adult Written bygangbanga911 April 9, 2008

Terrifying..... But yet one of the best of this year.

Lets start of by saying that this game is the stuff of nightmares. You start out this game on a wrong foot. things get hairy and then.... Well you'll have to play to figure it out. First, the plot is way too complicated for most kids to understand. It twists and turns like a roller coaster and is difficult to follow. The violence is the main problem here. Okay, lets clear this up, this game is very, very violent. It features exploding bodies, death, blood, gore, guns, killing, twisted government agencies, psychics, undercover armies and such. The language is also a major problem there is always some swearing going on either between your squadmates or your enemies. But along side the violence on of the main problems is the disturbing content. F.E.A.R. gives you no warning to the sudden images of terror. Some include: Death by fire, terrible medical experiments, brutal, disgusting torture, and sudden apparitions ( I won't give any away) Anyway, this is hands down one of the best games this year. But not the best for kids. If they watch movies such as: The Amityville Horror, Hollow Man, or even Saw for that matter, I still think that parents should take extreme caution when deciding if their kids shouls play this game. Overall, it's not the best idea.
Adult Written byjomama090909 April 9, 2008

HOLY SHNIKIES!!!

This game was nuts.. awsome!!!! would play it all the time... very violent and unbaleivably scary... GET IT NOW!!!!!
Adult Written bySilverDCTU April 9, 2008

Not for the younglings...

While the game itself may look shiny and tons of fun for kids between 15 and 17, this title is defidently one to be looked at closely by parents before allowing your kids to play. Well over 75% of this game is based off a scare and gore factor. Everything from scary sounds, blood splatter, blood dipping from ceilings, to enemies and specters that tend to jump at the player from all angles. This game is defidently for those 17+ or for kids between the ages of 15 to 17 who are mature in nature.
Adult Written byyetijones April 9, 2008

A masterpiece

This is the kind of epic storyline that comes along once every 10 years or so. The whole way through the game I was on the edge of my seat, expecting the unexpected, when in truth the developers gave me the really unexpected! The plot twist at the end made this game so much better than what I would have expected from it, and it has an extremely high replay value; you'll probably never get the same game again as the enemy AI is always thinking, planning, and outsmarting you when you least expect it. If you think your child is mature enough to handle the language and violence within this game, please buy it for them and let them experience the true masterpiece from Sierra entertainment!