Kid reviews for Final Fantasy XII

Final Fantasy XII Poster Image

Final Fantasy XII

I have played this game beginning-to-end, so now I will post everything a parent needs to know, along with my thoughts as a game critic. - "Is This Game Kid-Friendly?" - I'd say 14 and up, the most sexual it gets is if you stare at Fran's chest for extended periods of time (look up Fran from Final Fantasy XII), something I would not expect a kid to really notice if they actually care about the story of the game though. As for violence, I see more violence on the news. - "Is the Game Good?" - Depends on if you're expecting the same kind of story previous Final Fantasy games give. If you're someone who likes a wide variety of games you'd enjoy this, if this is the first Final Fantasy game you're playing and a Playstation 2 is all you got, I strongly suggest you consider Final Fantasy X which has a far better storyline, this Final Fantasy game is more for people who are expecting more fast-paced and immersive fighting. - PROS: - Faster Paced Combat than Previous Games, but Still Easy to Pick Up - I like how they picked the right mix between easy and immersive, it's not too hard to learn, you can easily learn the combat mechanic in a matter of minutes, but it's far more immersive than mere turn-based. CONS: - Not as good story as Final Fantasy X, and you may as well leave if you're thinking this game is as good as Final Fantasy VII.

ONE OF THE BEST GAMES EVER

everyone for ages 7 and up this is one of the best games made ever specially rpg:s!

The "Star Wars" of the Final Fantasy series.

Violence: Typical level of violence for final fantasy games, transition from traditional turn-based to mmo style doesn't really effect it, enemies still disapere when defeated. Some more intense scenes in cut-scenes, are still moderate. Language: infrequent usage of mild language throughout, d*mn and h*ll Sex: Some characters wear outfits that reveal cleavage. In-game encyclopedia mentions animals reproducing, similar to science textbook (but no details though). Content-wise and theme is similar to star wars, just much more complex with lots of politics. Game is difficult to get into because of lots of new features but after a couple hours you'll get the hang of it.

They all ready know about the stuff in the game

I was allowed to play this when i was 10 and i have adored the series ever since. There really isn't anything in the game that kids ages 10 and up haven't heard before or don't already know about. So overall this is a great game for anyone 10 and up

My brother gave me this game and I adore it. It is long and it might be harder for younger children to play, but other than that, it's great. I love Fran. 10+

very very L O O O O N G......

This game is awesome theres infinite things to do! (although i only found THAT out after i started using guides =.=)

Great game with minor setbacks

I got into the FINAL FANTASY series starting with Kingdom Hearts, and it took off from there. FINAL FANTASY XII, my first real FINAL FANTASY purchase, is a great game. Here's the synopsis from the manual, since it's hard for me to explain personally- "A WORLD CALLED IVALICE... AN AGE WHEN MAGICK WAS COMMONPLACE AND AIRSHIPS PLIED THE SKIES... OUR TALE BEGINS. As was looms on the horizon, the mighty Archadian Empire begins a campaign to subjugate its neighbors. The small kingdom of Dalmasca shares their fate. Two years after its fall, in the capital city of Rabanastre, the people line the streets to wait for the appointment of the new consul from Archadia. To Vaan, a young man living on the streets of Rabanastre, the Empire is a hated enemy who took the life of his brother, the only family he had left. Vaan hatches a plot to break into the palace and take back the spoils of conquest from Dalmasca's occupiers. He gets more than he bargained for when he meets Princess Ashe, the sole surviving heir to the Dalmascan throne, thought dead since war. Our story follows Ashe, Vaan, and his friend Penelo, the sky pirate Balthier, and his partner Fran. Accompanying them is Basch, a captain of the Dalmscan army who turned traitor and slew his king. Join them on an adventure spanning Ivalice that traces the mysteries behind the Archadian Empire's invasion." Great plot, right? Well, yes. The game is based around fighting off the Empire's soldiers and leaders, as well as monsters, but there's also side quests to, well, kill monsters for stuff. But hey, what do you expect from a FINAL FANTASY game? There are lots of cut scenes that bring you back to the story, and have lots of meaning. Fran, a creature called a viera, is a little scantily clad, and you can see her toosh, but it's covered with a sort of swimsuit bottom. Some of the girls wear "bikini" type tops, but full bottoms, while others where completee tops and short skirts. This may not be appropriate for little kids and immature ones too. The gameplay mechanics were a good try, but there's so much "leveling up to do" you can get really bored. Good thing for side quests! Some monsters are so tough to beat you have to run from them, which really took away the gameplay experience from me. There's the Gambit system, which allows you to prioritize attacks and magicks in order of which is most important, which really helps in a fight and must be used if you want to get anywhere far in the game. Quick note- to anyone new to FINAL FANTASY, the game can take 40-50 hours to beat thoroughly.

I loved this game! And after playing this, I will seriously follow up into the Final Fantasy series. I think the language may be a little archaic and there is partial nudity, but other than that it's a great game.

Not for Final Fantasy fans, but if you want to start liking Final Fantasies, you should start with this.

I dislike the game, as it may have the title "Final Fantasy" in the name, it is the starting point of the games' decline. XII is the first Final Fantasy game that I spent under 100 hours on, and (wish there'd be a bold function) got a refund. The game just isn't as good as it's predecessors (not including XI, that horror of a MMORPG). 'Tis tad boring and "dumbed down", I suggest that anyone who's liked a Final Fantasy game (that wasn't XI, XII or XIII) to avoid this, while those who have not played Final Fantasy games yet, use this game as a leverage of sorts, to allow access to the other, better Final Fantasy games.

cool but not the best

I think this one is cool but not the best. my favorite final fantasy character is in this one and he is baltheir.